Verizon is barely mentioning the Storm 2. When I went to my local store to look at the Storm 2, they suggested that I not buy it and wait for the DROID.

In this mornings paper, there was an article saying that Verizon will be spending more on the DROID release than on any phone in its history.

Somebody is paying somebody to push the DROID. It is my guess that Google is paying Verizon (and maybe Motorola) for every phone that they sell. There is no other reason that they would be this "enthusiastic" about the DROID.
    10-29-09 07:09 PM
    Isn't that what drives every motive known to man?.....money$$$$$$$$ or women, but clearly not women in this case!!!
    10-29-09 07:10 PM
    It still doesn't change the fact that it is ugly as sin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 07:11 PM
    Becasue it is much more of a profitable phone for them. Iphone is currently #1 and the storm 2 wont dig into that at all. The Droid will though. The droid will out sell the storm 2 by a large margin I would think.
    10-29-09 07:11 PM
    Droid is new to Verizon.

Storm is a new and improved Smart Phone. If VZW were to speak I am sure they would say "Been there, done that"....

The Droid will get more consumers...... Google is doing things right, let's hope RIM doesn't fall asleep in class.....

Again it's a NEW vs. Semi NEW.
    10-29-09 07:14 PM

lol true story
    10-29-09 07:21 PM
    Droid is getting a LOT of heat not just by VZW.

It is having such an impact that it has effected Garmin and Tom's Tom's stock (it obviously fell)
    10-29-09 07:22 PM
    Isn't that what drives every motive known to man?.....money$$$$$$$$ or women, but clearly not women in this case!!!
    Follow the money and you will find the answer every time.

10-29-09 07:25 PM
    I thought it was money and beer,lol
    10-29-09 07:26 PM
    HAHA - why the **** would VZW push a Phone that caused it **** ? a phone that was crap in a bag? and why would RIM bother with an update quick if they didnt know they F'd up with the beta ...uh I mean S1 ? and why would they call is S2? Look at how the ENV changed ....when you look at the S2 update one must wonder who the **** thought of this ? Lets make a phone that looks EXACTLY LIKE THE LAST ONE!!! AND GIVE THE OLD ONE THE SAME OS AS THE NEW ONE!!! AHAHA makes no sense ...
    10-29-09 07:33 PM
    I read that vzw pays 10/mo to RIM for each storm. Idk if that is true but if it is and they can shift that market share to a phone they don't pay out. It makes perfect sense push the droid.

Again, I don't know that is true. Just something I read on the interwebz
    10-29-09 07:38 PM
    Droid is getting a LOT of heat not just by VZW.

It is having such an impact that it has effected Garmin and Tom's Tom's stock (it obviously fell)
    Yeah, the turn by turn voice makes the decision balance lean towards this phone (for me)
    10-29-09 07:40 PM
    Verizon loaned money to cash hemorrhaging Motorola to produce their iPhone killer, Droid...now I'm sure it will never be a iPhone killer. But it will definitely create a dent in that corner of the market. Verizon is advertising the **** out of it...cause like any investment, they want their return.

I live near a massive Motorola plant that is empty...a ghost ship. If this Droid takes off...that plant will re-open for sure.
    10-29-09 07:43 PM

Also doesn't change the fact that the S2 will be eating it's ugly dust!
    10-29-09 07:56 PM
    If you judge the two phones by appearances, the Droid wins the second the screen lights up. Unless what's more important to you is how your phone looks powered off. Regardless, it's sad that BB users need resort to superficial reasons in order to find some way in which their device has a competitive edge.

As for the OPP... what reason is there to believe VZW isn't just sick of losing business to a vastly inferior network because they have a cooler device and is anteing up themselves?

Greg
    Last edited by Zod1010; 10-29-09 at 08:07 PM.
    10-29-09 08:03 PM

As for the OPP... what reason is there to believe VZW isn't just sick of losing business to a vastly inferior network because they have a cooler device and is anteing up themselves?

Greg
    This is exactly whats happening. They are expecting sales to hit 1 million in 2 days........
    10-29-09 08:06 PM
    Android period is about to make its name in this market pronounced. I just hope BB announces a new User Interface.
    10-29-09 09:04 PM
    Is the only argument is that the phone is ugly?

Lol you guys can't be serious with that line.

10-29-09 09:11 PM
    I know its a completly different device but look at how much money sprint put into advertising for the instinct and it was still a flop. Advertising isn't what sells people, the product does and we will see after 2 months how many people either love it or hate it.
    I have never used andriod so I will not argue who's is better but from what I have been hearing they already have a leg up on rim for almost everything.
    I love my BB as much as the next person but if I go and look at a droid or BB I am thinking "would it fit me" not "their commercials were better"

All I have to say is thank god for the 30 exchange window so we can all give different devices a try without worrying about hating it 2 weeks after buying it.

10-29-09 09:23 PM
    Also the term "Droid" is a trademark of Lucas films. AKA George Lucas, the creator of all the Star Wars films owns the rights to the name. So either Verizon had to pay him up front for the right to use the name (which could be the reason why "Verizon is spending more for this phone than any other phone), or Verizon will have to pay him for every unit sold....
    10-29-09 09:39 PM
    Also the term "Droid" is a trademark of Lucas films. AKA George Lucas, the creator of all the Star Wars films owns the rights to the name. So either Verizon had to pay him up front for the right to use the name (which could be the reason why "Verizon is spending more for this phone than any other phone), or Verizon will have to pay him for every unit sold....
    Wrong. Motorola paid for the name licensing.
    10-30-09 06:28 AM

Here's one for you: ActiveSync. So if I want to integrate with non-gmail accounts, like I do on my BB, I have to use ActiveSync to "pull" mail from the servers every 5 minutes? Do you realize the kind of battery drain that's going to cause. Unless they're putting some sort of hybrid-electric battery in the Droid, as much as I send/receive email my battery would be dead in a few hours. I'll stick to what works for me. I don't need 10,000 apps that don't do **** (or 85,000, for that matter). I have the 25 that help me be more productive and stay informed. I'm happy. Hope you are.
    10-30-09 06:40 AM

That's the only global argument, although previous poster brings up a very good point regarding ActiveSync. Aesthetics are an issue that can't be remedied, so it's a valid argument. However, I'm holding out for a high end HTC model sporting Android 2.0. I'm sure I won't have long to wait.

As for the Droid. I wouldn't exactly call it an iPhone killer, but I would call it a Storm killer.
    10-30-09 07:02 AM
    Money makes the world go round. But I have to say I couldn't wait for Storm 2, but with the upgrade to 5.0 on Storm 1 I'm not so sure I would go to Storm 2. I was in a Verizon company store on Wednesday, the VZ rep said with the update to software of Storm1, it's crazy to spend the money for the upgrade to S2. Me I find Storm1 like a new phone, I can't believe how much it has improved. I will say though I will check out the Droid I like Android. Had a G1 for about 5 days and the OS was great, but coverage of Tmo was awful, so I will consider Android. But for this week I'm lovin my S1.
    10-30-09 07:08 AM
    anyone who comes into the store looking at a new device, i'm doing the same thing

1 out of every 2 of my customers are at least waiting to try both before making a decision

and no, i'm not paid by google...i'm having them weigh their cards on the table to avoid returns

it saves them from the hassle of buying a brand new device only to find out there is something completely different a week later...i did the same thing for the storm1 a few weeks before launch
    10-30-09 07:46 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD