First impressions is this device is way nicer then the playbook. I've been teased with the android app player on the playbook. Now that I've finally tried the real thing it's like night and day. What a crappy experience that thing gives you, even on 10.2 with 4.2 runtime.

One complaint I have so far though is bluetooth integration with my 2012 Tacoma. My Z10 is boss for connecting to it. No problems and fully featured. I can't even get this tablet to play music into my truck. Something I know the playbook could do. I'm goona try again tomorrow, maybe I did something wrong but I don't think so. It's a shame too because the size of the nexus is perfect for building myself a custom mount in a couple locations in my truck.

Z10 sends files over through nfc no problem. Also tethering and wifi hot spot both get Internet over the nexus with no issues.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BergerKing; 08-24-13 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Edited to replace veiled vulgarity.
    08-18-13 02:15 AM
    First impressions is this device is way nicer then the playbook. I've been teased with the android app player on the playbook. Now that I've finally tried the real thing it's like night and day. What a crappy experience that thing gives you, even on 10.2 with 4.2 runtime.

One complaint I have so far though is bluetooth integration with my 2012 Tacoma. My Z10 is boss for connecting to it. No problems and fully featured. I can't even get this tablet to play music into my truck. Something I know the playbook could do. I'm goona try again tomorrow, maybe I did something wrong but I don't think so. It's a shame too because the size of the nexus is perfect for building myself a custom mount in a couple locations in ny truck.

Z10 sends files over through nfc no problem. Also tethering and wifi hot spot both get Internet over the nexus with no issues.

Posted via CB10
    Hope it works for you and that you're happy with the change. The PlayBook was not a good fit for me
    But obviously there are many users here who love their PlayBook.

People should choose what works best for them.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 08-24-13 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Edited quote
    08-18-13 05:09 AM
    I think the only possible response to the OP is this:

How in the world did you find someone willing to purchase a used Playbook ??????

Good luck with your Nexus!
    ekv likes this.
    08-18-13 05:17 AM

One complaint I have so far though is bluetooth integration with my 2012 Tacoma. My Z10 is boss for connecting to it. No problems and fully featured. I can't even get this tablet to play music into my truck. Something I know the playbook could do. I'm goona try again tomorrow, maybe I did something wrong but I don't think so. It's a shame too because the size of the nexus is perfect for building myself a custom mount in a couple locations in ny truck.

Posted via CB10
    Cool...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BergerKing; 08-24-13 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Edit quote.
    08-18-13 05:23 AM
    I sold my first PlayBook because of the infuriating poor performance of Flash. But recently streaming video performance improved drastically, don't know exactly why. Sometimes it still stutters badly and I have to do a hard reset to get back to normal. BBM doesn't work bridging to my 9900 and there are plenty of bugs. My PlayBook is a companion to my 9900, and I like it better than my Kindle Fire.
    08-18-13 05:31 AM
    I think the only possible response to the OP is this:

How in the world did you find someone willing to purchase a used Playbook ??????

Good luck with your Nexus!
    80$ With charging pod and flip case. Sold first day on craigslist. The guy seemed out of it lol. Most emails I got were around 30$ offers

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 05:39 AM
    I'm blown away by the capabilities of this tablet. Blackberry tossing the playbook was the best thing that ever happend to me lol.

-Full third party accessory markets means I got a sweet cd player car mount on the way. And a bluetooth ODBII reader to connect to my trucks engine.
    -A app that uses that ODB reader to give me real time engine information like MPG, aswell as read and clear any codes that come up
    -Got an app that acts as a dashcam with a ton of features.(stay tuned for alien and bigfoot videos)
    -USB OTG cable support means I can play games with a ps3 controller(mounted on my dash), simple plug and play. Also rooted to allow bluetooth controller support but that's been problematic so far with games. But the OTG cable also allows me to stream HD video from a usb flash drive, and connect to my USB only printer.
    -Proper smooth skype and google hangout video chat, that I don't close right away with out even giving it a chance like skype port on BB10.
    Im probably missing something here, Im already over 100$ in apps and accessories for this tablet.

We at crackerry have been saying its not all about the apps. Don't need angry birds and ****. Well I was wrong. It takes 6 or 7 apps to run the stuff I just mentioned. Advanced apps with deep functions. That's what was missing from the playbook.

Blackberry needs to drop an app into google play to bridge from an android tablet to a blackberry smartphone. With the BB07 functions we had. Something like this will keep me on a blackberry for time to come. Sooner rather then later I'm goona want to bring the tablet and phone worlds together.
    bekkay likes this.
    08-23-13 10:31 PM
    I just sold a 32gb used pb for $100! Now I am down to two
    dannyd86 likes this.
    08-23-13 10:33 PM
    -Got an app that acts as a dashcam with a ton of features.(stay tuned for alien and bigfoot videos)

LOL. You forgot to mention an asteroid impact.

Try this as well and post a time-lapse video of your trip to Area 51.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....ui.LapseItPro
    dannyd86 likes this.
    08-23-13 11:22 PM
    I just sold a 32gb used pb for $100! Now I am down to two
    I sold my 64GB 4 months ago for $120. And that was with the two OEM cases and the rapid charger. Despite the overall loss I took, I still feel like I ripped the guy off. He would've been better off getting one of those $80 Coby tablets running Android 4.0 at Walgreens.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
    08-24-13 12:20 AM
    Enjoy your new tablet OP.
    08-24-13 12:43 AM
    Picked up one a couple of weeks ago. Former PlayBook owner as well. The difference is night and day.

Thorough review from an excellent source:

AnandTech | The Nexus 7 (2013) Review
    08-24-13 01:01 AM
    Thread moved to the appropriate forum.
    08-24-13 01:06 AM
    I don't blame you for getting a nexus. The PlayBook was crap

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 01:19 AM
    What's so bad about the Playbook? I still don't see it.
    08-24-13 04:10 AM
    What's so bad about the Playbook? I still don't see it.
    Get a nexus and you'll see. The browser experience Is one example. Google Chrome is awesome, butter smooth, super fast, ran everything I've tried to date. With bookmarks and open tabs synced with my desktop. If I could install add blockers and extensions it would feel like a desktop
    08-24-13 09:24 AM
    Get a nexus and you'll see. The browser experience Is one example. Google Chrome is awesome, butter smooth, super fast, ran everything I've tried to date. With bookmarks and open tabs synced with my desktop. If I could install add blockers and extensions it would feel like a desktop
    Adblock Plus is available for the Firefox browser. Lots of other extensions available too.
    dannyd86 likes this.
    08-24-13 10:06 AM