I have waiting for this phone to be available in Canada since we don't have much for good Android phones.

Milestone comes out on Telus, from the get go I was skeptic for the slide out keyboard and always felt the feature making the phone feel bulky and heavy.

Sadly enough my gut feeling was right, I can't stand the keyboard and wish the phone did not come with one because it would of been a perfect phone for me.

Now I have to wait for something better in the line of HTC or Nexus One on 3G and who knows when that will drop
    02-23-10 04:01 AM
    That was my biggest problem with the phone.
    02-23-10 07:00 AM
    No offense what so ever but you people seem really picky. You can hardly notice the keyboard

And OP if you really didn't like the phone over the keyboard why are you on here whining about selling it?? Doesn't make sense
    02-23-10 08:54 AM
    The keyboard isn't the best but it's definitely functional. Maybe I got a good keyboard or it's because I have medium sized hands, but I find it to be very usable and a huge benefit to have just in case.
    02-23-10 09:07 AM
    i love having the option of the slide out keyboard. use it when i need to, and it hides away lovely when i don't need it.

heft isn't an issue for me but i can (barely) understand how it can be for others. compared to the likes of the storm2 and iphone the weight is very close anyway. it's heavier for a reason, better and more durable materials used in the droid...

the nexus is a good android alternative for those who don't like the physical form factor of the droid.
    Last edited by BzB; 02-23-10 at 09:10 AM.
    02-23-10 09:07 AM
    I still don't understand the problem with the keyboard people have. I am not talking about using it, I am talking about complaining about it. It is there, it is hidden. if you don't want to use it, don't slide it out. I think it adds a perfect bulkiness to the phone. I don't slide it out very often as I prefer the virtual. But I bought the Droid because it is the best Android phone out there right now. I someone doesn't want the keyboard or the best Android then buy an Eris.
    02-23-10 09:44 AM
    Yeah, I am totally accustomed to on screen keyboards and when I had the droid I never used the physical keyboard. The N1 will be my next phone.

Everything else about the droid is great though.
    02-23-10 09:44 AM
    I still don't understand the problem with the keyboard people have. I am not talking about using it, I am talking about complaining about it. It is there, it is hidden. if you don't want to use it, don't slide it out. I think it adds a perfect bulkiness to the phone. I don't slide it out very often as I prefer the virtual. But I bought the Droid because it is the best Android phone out there right now. I someone doesn't want the keyboard or the best Android then buy an Eris.
    Na, the eris is for chicks.
    02-23-10 09:45 AM
    Na, the eris is for chicks.
    LOL Put that flame suit on
    02-23-10 09:53 AM
    LOL Put that flame suit on
    lol, I have always thought the same thing.
    02-23-10 10:29 AM
    I love my device keyboard. I hardly use the on screen now
    02-23-10 11:08 AM

And OP if you really didn't like the phone over the keyboard why are you on here whining about selling it?? Doesn't make sense

I said its a great phone, and I hate selling it because the other device that seems like a phone I would like (nexus one) only works on EDGE if you're not on T-MOBILE.
    02-23-10 12:12 PM
    The original batch of Droids were awesome because the keys are bubbled. Most likely, all the devices sold now have flat keyboards and thats what most people hate.
    02-23-10 01:39 PM
    i have a release day droid and don't notice my keyboard being bubbled. :\

not that i'm complaining, just don't know if there are any keyboards where the keys are noticeably raised/bubbled...
    02-23-10 03:24 PM
    I have seen both physically..there are 2 different models, flat keys and raised keys.

it's significantly different.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...oard-pics.html
    Last edited by sniffs; 02-23-10 at 03:38 PM.
    02-23-10 03:35 PM
    I had a first day issue without bubbled keyboard as well. All of the in-store dummy phones had bubbled keys that I saw though.
    02-23-10 03:41 PM
    But I bought the Droid because it WAS the best Android phone
    Fixed

10 char
    02-23-10 04:25 PM
    lol, I have always thought the same thing.
    Same here
    02-23-10 04:35 PM
    Fixed

10 char
    ha. wouldn't say that. The N1 has it's own problems in and of itself.
    02-23-10 04:39 PM
    I have seen both physically..there are 2 different models, flat keys and raised keys.

it's significantly different.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...oard-pics.html
    interesting. not sure i would deem it a significant difference though. a significant difference would require more than slightly bubbling the keys imo, but i haven't tried one so i digress...
    02-23-10 04:42 PM
    The images you see don't do it justice, you need to feel the difference. The keys are perfectly flat on the newer Droids and bubbled on the older. The older keys are more stiff whereas the flat keys are easy to press in and hit other keys in the process.
    02-23-10 04:57 PM
    All Android phones should be touchscreen!!! If the Droid was only touchscreen I bet it would have sold even more, unless your RIM you should not make a phone with a qwerty
    02-23-10 07:31 PM
    I seriously doubt it would've sold better sans-keyboard. It's still super thin and having the keyboard can be quiet handy so while not necessary it's definitely a plus.
    02-23-10 07:42 PM
    Fixed

10 char
    I guess with ATT you wouldn't have a different opinion anyhow
    02-23-10 08:34 PM
    Nexus One has better hardware and the newest version of Android. It also has no keyboard. That's another option for people wanting a phone just as good as the Droid but without the keyboard.
    02-23-10 08:50 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD