It looks like there are quite a few BB users looking to switch over to the Droid or some other Android phone. What will you miss most about Blackberry and what will you miss least?

I will miss BBM, I think it is just starting to look good. However, Gtalk is open to more users and I can use it on my phone or desktop.
    I will also miss Slacker, but I know they are working on an Android widget so that should be fixed too.

I will miss the browser the least.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 08:38 PM
    The ONLY thing i will miss is how well i know bberry OS , and BBM , sucks learning a new device inside and out , BUT that is the best part also
    11-01-09 08:40 PM
    The OS i will miss the least. They should stop where the are right now, scrap 6.0 and start fresh.

I will miss BBM. Then again, i can always switch between Storm and Droid when i want so i'll still use it a little.
    11-01-09 08:41 PM
    BBM and that's about it.

I won't miss:

the 300 plus attempts at a decent storm OS that have phailed

the slow a$$ browser

the lame apps

the random reboots

the constant talk about the "potential" the phone has (but never utilises)
    11-01-09 08:43 PM
    I will miss BBM. For sure. With 5.0 I've got a bunch of friends who have been using it on their Berry's (my wife included). It's not like we can't use Text though. BBM is just nice.

The amazing email support (I know Android has push, but so far with previous phones the support for my email accts has been amazing. Until I play w/ the droid I have to worry).

I'll also miss SMRTGUARD. I won a 6 month subscription, which I'll just change to my wifes phone, but having a daily auto-backup of my core stuff is SO nice. Not to mention the theft tools on their site.

What I wont miss is:
    - The memory leaks (it's def hit/miss but all the fun versions of OS' seem to have memory leaks...lol)
    - The waiting and waiting for updates to 5.0 for my Curve 8330.

Honestly, though, I still love my BB. RIM has made a great product, and I'm happy with it. I just think it's been the same device for a while now (adding a slight modification to BBM layout, and finally threaded SMS isn't enough) and that's my biggie. I don't have a draw to upgrade because they're not breaking any new ground outside more memory and finally WiFi for Verizon devices. I think I just want to try something otu w/ the potential the Droid (Android 2.0 in general) has.

Plus that Google Navigation is great!
    11-01-09 08:45 PM
    I will not miss searching and anticipating a leak for the 9530. I am looking forward to a better browser, apps, overall updated technology with GPS, widgets, etc... I will still have my Storm if I want to switch for some reason. Looking forward to a new device/experience
    11-01-09 08:45 PM
    CB is what I will miss the most....

the least? browser definitely
    11-01-09 08:49 PM
    It's a bummer for RIM because they're finally listening and a lot of the things we're mentioning (especially Widgets, etc) are coming from previous posts I've seen on the CB main news page... but it's too little too late. People have decided it's time to move on, and see if another company can provide that level.
    11-01-09 08:49 PM
    i'm pretty sure i'll miss the reduce keyboard in portrait mode. being a vet of the 7100t, the pearl, and using it again on the s1/s2, i've become extremely proficient punching out quick messages with that and predictive text. having a real keyboard in addition to the virtual keyboard on the droid will hopefully make up for it though.

i'll miss the browser and spinning clock the least.
    11-01-09 08:54 PM
    BBM & Suretype
    11-01-09 08:55 PM
    BBM but i'm looking forward to gtalk.
    11-01-09 08:58 PM
    I'll miss the great keyboard on my 8330.

Way better than the Tour's, despite what almost everyone says.

I won't miss the memory leaks, and slow browser that doesn't render the webpages well.

11-01-09 08:59 PM
    What I will miss the most is definitely SureType. That kind of concerns me...
    11-01-09 09:00 PM
    I'm going to miss BBM, the fact I know the OS so well, and the community of CB with so many knowledgeable people.

As a previous poster stated, I thought I would miss Smrtguard - but I found out a couple days ago they're doing a public beta of it right now on their site (SmrtGuard :: Your Smartphone Guardian�) and working to officially release it "Fall 2009". So, as long as I can d/l the beta on Droid 2.0, I won't miss that at all
    11-01-09 09:03 PM
    I will NOT miss Sure Type. Mainly because I'm old school and have all those types of tools turned off. I never gave it a chance, honestly, but due to that at least I wont miss it.
    11-01-09 09:03 PM
    As a previous poster stated, I thought I would miss Smrtguard - but I found out a couple days ago they're doing a public beta of it right now on their site (SmrtGuard :: Your Smartphone Guardian�) and working to officially release it "Fall 2009". So, as long as I can d/l the beta on Droid 2.0, I won't miss that at all
    Dude, you are my F'IN HERO! I never check the PC site for the most part, unless I Need somethign from my account, so I didn't see that!

YES!!!!

SmrtGuard :: Your Smartphone Guardian�
    11-01-09 09:04 PM
    I will miss BBM the most and the browser the least :3
    11-01-09 11:41 PM
    i'm pretty sure i'll miss the reduce keyboard in portrait mode. being a vet of the 7100t, the pearl, and using it again on the s1/s2, i've become extremely proficient punching out quick messages with that and predictive text. having a real keyboard in addition to the virtual keyboard on the droid will hopefully make up for it though.

i'll miss the browser and spinning clock the least.
    What I will miss the most is definitely SureType. That kind of concerns me...
    There actually is an app for that.
    Last edited by roeod4; 11-01-09 at 11:47 PM.
    11-01-09 11:45 PM
    Im going to miss bbm ALOT. In fact its the only reason I even took the time out to THINK of switching to the Droid. Otherwise it would be a no brainer. But i use bbm so much

Still switching but its going to be hard to get used to again. I swear BBs are a gift and a curse.
    11-01-09 11:48 PM
    I'll miss the Truncated Emails, battery pulls, crappy wannabe browser, people telling me they can't hear me on the phone, crappy wannabe HTML email, and the Push Email BIS delays.

11-02-09 12:08 AM
    I'll miss the Truncated Emails, battery pulls, crappy wannabe browser, people telling me they can't hear me on the phone, crappy wannabe HTML email, and the Push Email BIS delays.

This isnt fair. See if I were to say that, everyone would label me a troll...as they did already. But when you say it, they're all on your ovaries and all of a sudden agree. Not cool!
    11-02-09 12:18 AM
    This isnt fair. See if I were to say that, everyone would label me a troll...as they did already. But when you say it, they're all on your ovaries and all of a sudden agree. Not cool!
    This isn't the Storm forums : ) if you said it we'd all be shaking our heads "uh huh" "yup"

Go ahead try it.

Fyi civic aint no chick no way no how. He's got you all fooled lol. He's a grown arse man with 20 inch guns and tats sporting a soul patch.
    Last edited by cereal killer; 11-02-09 at 12:37 AM.
    11-02-09 12:34 AM
    This isn't the Storm forums : ) if you said it we'd all be shaking our heads "uh huh" "yup"

Go ahead try it.

Fyi civic aint no chick no way no how. He's got you all fooled lol. He's a grown arse man with 20 inch guns and tats sporting a soul patch.
    Well yea thats what i meant. In the storm forums.

Also, just because she has 20 inch guns and tats while sporting a soul patch...doesnt mean shes not a woman!
    11-02-09 12:42 AM
    I will miss BBM from my tour, and the lag and freezes.
    11-02-09 01:47 AM
    Ill miss BBM, the ease of messaging, and overall reliability of the Tour.

Having said that, Googletalk could fill the void, messaging might be on par or better on the Droid (threaded sms), and Motorola has a track record for solid phones and this looks to be well built from all reviews.

I am welcoming many more and better apps, webkit browser, customizability, and openness.
    11-02-09 07:24 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD