Is the Droid really an iPhone killer?

By most of the posts here I have read the answer is no......

Any thoughts to the contrary....

This is not to be an ATT vs VZW thing U think we all know that answer, but simply does the Droid really beat the iPhone?
    11-09-09 09:55 AM
    Is the Droid really an iPhone killer?

By most of the posts here I have read the answer is no......

Any thoughts to the contrary....

This is not to be an ATT vs VZW thing U think we all know that answer, but simply does the Droid really beat the iPhone?
    it is the only comparable competition for it on verizon,
    Idk if id call it a "killer" bc it still has its overlooked flaws, but it is very comparable
    11-09-09 10:04 AM
    It's got alot of things the iPhone doesn't offer. Currently, right now, IMO the Droid doesn't beat the iPhone and I'll tell you why,

1. The UI on the iPhone is simply smooth as butter. It doesn't look slow, lag, choke, or get choppy. The Droid isnt as smooth because of the higher res screen.

2. The iPhone's got apps coming out it's ears. The Droid has alot of nice apps, but not as many as the iPhone.

However, the Droid has lots of features the iPhone doesnt which IMO, Apple should steal and make better.

1. Such as a central notification system!!!!!!!
    2. Multi-tasks
    3. WIDGETS! THIS IS BITCHEN
    4. Battery status.. The Droid's ability to tell you what's eating your battery life is amazing!
    5. Google Voice.. this is about the coolest thing I've ever seen.
    11-09-09 10:52 AM
    Is it a killer? Probably not.
    Is it the best phone to date to challenge the iphone? Absolutely

I think the droid is more capable then the iphone now and in the future, that is unless Apple changes their ways (which they may have to if they want to stay on top of Google)

Widgets, true multi tasking, Central Notifications like stated above are all things that I could NOT live without after being with the droid for a weekend. Any iphone user that tells you widgets are lame is lying to themselves.

Not having to use itunes is a wonderful feeling. Its nice being able to throw mp3's anywhere on the removable SD card and have the phone automatically catalog them. Its nice being able to plug your phone in to your computer without having to cross your fingers in hopes that you didnt just wipe everything clean off your phone. (I cant tell you how many friends of mine do this with their iphones)

Removable / user replaceable battery & removable SD card allow for greater flexibility then the iphone.

If you are a gmail user then I do believe the Droid becomes an iphone killer. The seamless syncing between contacts and calender is incredible and just works (I have set up 3 droids to sync and all work perfect). The Gmail client is like being on gmail at home allowing you to do everything.

Google Navigation (since this is only available on the Droid right now) is something that blows my mind every time I use it.

Haven't seen much talk about the docks but let me tell you Motorola did a sick job with them. The home dock, as simple as it is, is incredible. I have replaced my alarm clock with my Droid. The car dock is equally as impressive.

If I sound biased I apologize as thats not my intention, its just hard not to love the Droid.
    11-09-09 12:00 PM
    Thanks for the Info I am seriously considering the move. Although my jailbroken 3gs can multi task. Just trying to get a feel from the fam....
    11-09-09 12:06 PM
    I dunno about iphone killer exactly, but extremely capable direct competitor I'd say. The iphone is good, but it's not the jesus-phone that all it's users make it out to be. After using the Droid for a few days and seeing a little of what it can do, I'm definitely a believer.
    11-09-09 12:29 PM
    it's not an iPhone killer just as the iPhone is not a Droid killer. I think it comes down to personal preference with the devices. They defintely are on equal footing.

Personally I prefer the Droid but the iPhone is also a good alternative.
    11-09-09 12:48 PM
    it's not an iPhone killer just as the iPhone is not a Droid killer. I think it comes down to personal preference with the devices. They defintely are on equal footing.

Personally I prefer the Droid but the iPhone is also a good alternative.
    Agreed x 1000
    11-09-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD