First off, I know this isnt 100% protection, but at the same time I know that nor is it intended too.

I would like to say this is a very Easy install and had no complications with it. A little heat from the blow dryer made everything simple. Complete time of install took about twenty minutes.

The product itself is very nice for what it is. I am super pleased and happy with it. I will be keeping it on as of now. It is more-so intended to protect from scratching and gouges. So if you are looking for something to protect against major drops and potential punishment, look elsewhere. However, if you know you take care of your phones and are looking for nice protecting without the bulkiness, this is something to consider. Very pleased with the product!

Link to Droid X Products

Included:
    Packing
    Squeegee
    Application Spray
    Cutout Skin
    Screen Protector (usually $9.99 from their site)

The screen protector does have some fogginess the first 12-24 hours, but all clears up nicely. Screen protector feels much like a Zagg, very pliable anf maneuverable. you can take off an reapply if needed as well. The skin itself feels very tough and solid. You do need a heat gun or hair drier to bend some of the corner pieces but it also helps activate the glue and cures quicker. There is no corner coverage for the DX with these though. I would have to say that is my only complaint. Installing it is nowhere near as difficult as installing a full body indivisibleshield or phantomskins clear coverage skin. I chose the white carbon fiber look. My only concern is is it maybe staining or discoloring, but only time will tell. Also, you can use a coupon code for get25 to get 25% off! Shipping is free. Took about 6 days to receive.

My only complaint is their custom service communication is fair at best. took 4 days to reply to an email and they did not update my shipping status. However, my order did arrive as promised in a timely matter. These are about half the price of the PhantomSkin Chromatics and appear to be the same material. Overall, I'm pretty happy.

Here are a few pictures :

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    Last edited by D2VW14_20; 09-27-10 at 12:42 PM.
    09-24-10 03:28 PM
    09-27-10 12:42 PM
    Does the texture of the carbon fiber increase the grip on your phone? I was thinking of getting a piece of 3M dinoc carbon fiber and wrapping my battery cover on my fascinate in it, but didnt know if it would be just as slick or not. I need the phone to stick to my hand.
    09-27-10 02:56 PM
    Very nice, kind of Storm Trooper-ish look to it now.

I see you have applied the Black Modz black bar to your X, but I also see that you didn't deodex your rom, hence the black clock on black bar.

I just got done deodexing my 2.2. OTA rom using this guide:

[HOW-TO] Manually deodex your phone.

After the rom is deodexed, the black bar mod will show a white clock on the black bar.
    09-27-10 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD