When i access my weatherbug app, or accuweather, a little "satellite dish" looking thingy appears on the top of the display. it must be something to to with sending/receiving data or info. My question is how do i make it stop? i cant seem to find a way to get it to go away, even after the app killer i useually have to turn it off. What am i doing wrong?
    03-14-10 10:01 AM
    If you're talking about the circle with the two crossing lines that's your data location service icon. Any time you have an app that responds to location (like weather) that icon appears. You need to go into the settings for the phone and turn of location based services...but then some apps won't work or won't display correct information.
    03-14-10 10:30 AM
    Thanks, but its not the gps symbol. It looks like a satellite dish, with what appears like lines radiating out from the dish.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-10 10:36 AM
    You can't stop it it is the GPS radio looking for your location the other icon just says its on...
    03-15-10 07:29 AM
    You can't stop it it is the GPS radio looking for your location the other icon just says its on...
    Thank you, i kind of thought that was it. Thanks again.
    03-15-10 05:17 PM
    That's good to know. I was wondering the same thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD