Vizio Tablet and Phone:

CES 2011 Preview - VIZIO
    01-04-11 05:32 PM
    Hopefully they keep up with the specs. Vizio makes some nice products.
    01-04-11 05:53 PM
    yep i like the looks too....so many bloody choices
    01-04-11 05:55 PM
    Interesting indeed. Not much specs on the phone though like what OS, and what processor is under the hood.
    01-04-11 08:09 PM
    Not much on Vizio. My buddy who worked for Costco said it had a high return rate
    01-05-11 03:21 AM
    I have had a VIZIO TV for 3 years now no problems at all.
    01-05-11 05:32 AM
    Interesting indeed. Not much specs on the phone though like what OS, and what processor is under the hood.
    I really don't want to speculate TOO much, but I think Vizio may be doing what they did with TVs. They are starting out with entry level phones and tablets just to test the waters and then if they are successful they'll probably come out with mid and high end products.

The reason I say this is that the tablet does have some specs on it and it's only sporting a 1GHZ processor. That being the case, I doubt the phone will have a faster processor than the tablet.

Edit to add: I must have missed the processor on the phone, it does say it has a 1GHZ processor on the phone as well.
    Last edited by VideoEngineerAJS; 01-05-11 at 07:44 AM.
    01-05-11 07:42 AM
    yeah the 'general' specs arent bad at all. I assume 1GHZ snapdragon but who knows.

the style is pretty nice and they make pretty good products. The ones made for costco are just that, costco specific and might not be made to the same standards that would sell at BB etc
    01-05-11 10:40 AM
    Single core 1Ghz processors are now considered low-mid range. Especially when there will be multiple dual core devices out.
    01-05-11 10:40 AM
    yeah the 'general' specs arent bad at all. I assume 1GHZ snapdragon but who knows.

the style is pretty nice and they make pretty good products. The ones made for costco are just that, costco specific and might not be made to the same standards that would sell at BB etc
    See that's the issue though. Best Buy doesn't sell Vizio that I know of. At least they didn't when I worked there. Vizio was basically sold exclusively by Walmart to begin with and then they branched out to all of the Costco's and Sam's etc...

And like avt123 said, anything less than dual core is going to be considered entry to mid level here in a few months.
    01-05-11 10:46 AM
    Engadget got to play around with a non-production model today at CES. They really liked the feel of the device, and even the Vizio-made overlay on the phone was really top notch, saying that it felt like a contender with webOS and iOS.

But, they were playing with a non-production model, so everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt. But, it looks like a good phone, and Vizio's a good company, so its just a game of wait and see what they will do coming up this summer.
    01-05-11 12:09 PM
    true about only single core, it would still be good entry level to mid level device though to test the waters. I really wouldnt expect them to come straight into the high end game against the big boys.
    01-05-11 12:20 PM
    true about only single core, it would still be good entry level to mid level device though to test the waters. I really wouldnt expect them to come straight into the high end game against the big boys.
    Oh no doubt and that's why I think they are doing things the way they are. I mean like I said, they pretty much did the exact same thing with TVs. When Vizio first came onto the scene nobody had a clue about them except that their products were quite a bit more affordable than the likes of Sony, Samsung, and LG and now they are mentioned right along side with those 3 big name brands.

I don't fault them at all for what it appears they are trying to do, I mean after all it worked for them before and the fact that they are at least an established name now may actually help them get to the high end a lot quicker in the phone and tablet arena.
    01-05-11 12:30 PM
    I have had a VIZIO TV for 3 years now no problems at all.
    I think I may have seen a commercial on it. As for Vizio assembled right here in the USA So. Cal Santa Ana Ca.....
    Last edited by TrendyProfessional1; 01-05-11 at 01:05 PM.
    01-05-11 12:47 PM
    yes they are american made products so far i think
    01-05-11 12:51 PM
    i dunno if i would want to own a Vizio phone or tab... Vizio is like the Yugo or KIA of the electronics world.
    01-05-11 12:52 PM
    i dunno if i would want to own a Vizio phone or tab... Vizio is like the Yugo or KIA of the electronics world.
    I don't know about being the Yugo, but there's really nothing wrong with KIA in the car world I don't think. They have some of the best warranties and seem to be following the exact same path that Toyota, Honda, and Hyundai did when they first entered the U.S. car market.

I've never personally had any experience with Vizio or even with KIA for that matter, but again, these are more entry to mid level devices, so most people here probably won't get them anyway.
    01-05-11 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD