Knowing now some of the pros and cons. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 08:41 AM
    i have the droid and i love it, its full android os and it has a slide out keyboard. The incredible is a good phone too but it doesn't have good battery life. also from what i heard about the incredible it doesn't take good pictures for it to be a 8MP
    05-03-10 08:50 AM
    does anyone have both phones to compare

05-03-10 08:55 AM
    The camera on the incredible seems good, and you can just out in a bigger battery. Plus its way faster and smoother.

05-03-10 08:55 AM

watch this
    05-03-10 08:59 AM
    Go to the store and go hands on....these forums are great but nothing beats hands on experience.

05-03-10 09:00 AM
    it looks like the incredible wins, but alot of users are not happy about signal battery and it may not switch to android 2.2???
    05-03-10 09:05 AM
    it looks like the incredible wins, but alot of users are not happy about signal battery and it may not switch to android 2.2???
    it will switch to 2.2 but the droid and the nexus one will get it first because its full android and not sense ui
    05-03-10 09:07 AM
    Which would you guys get to be the phone for next year?

05-03-10 09:11 AM
    for nxt year upgrade or for overall phone to have for nxt year?
    05-03-10 09:16 AM
    if i upgrade it will be for a year, so i can get a new one next year. which would you get?
    05-03-10 09:23 AM
    The signal is fine its just that the signal indicator is f'ed up but sending and receiving calls and data is fine.....the signal bars on my storm are always jumping around and I never drop calls....as far as the battery that is what it is....small light powerful= POWER.

05-03-10 09:26 AM
    so dont worry about the signal bars and battery....the incredible is a better phone than droid by moto?????
    05-03-10 09:28 AM
    the incredible has better specs but the quality of the phone is kinda plastic. the droid has the metal feeling. if you want better specs then get the incredible
    05-03-10 09:46 AM
    incredible over droid anyday. best android on the market currently
    05-03-10 09:50 AM
    Go for theincredible. Newer phone with more features.

05-03-10 11:22 AM
    I loved my Droid...and now love the Incredible even more!!!

05-03-10 11:52 AM
    This is a very easy question. If you have to have a keyboard and you like the droids then you get a droid. There is no other reason to get the droid over the incredible. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.
    05-03-10 12:27 PM
    so dont worry about the signal bars and battery....the incredible is a better phone than droid by moto?????
    The signal bars are a update fix plus does it really matter howany bars you have? Even when I have one or no bars I still make a phone call....or try to (even with vzw there are some dead spots). In regards to the battery that is personal....I have read threads that posters were complaint that the battery dropped 10% in 3 hours with moderate use. Worse comes to worse you get a extended battery.....I'm willing to say that if you go through a inc battery you will go through a moto droid battery as well.

05-03-10 12:27 PM
    i dont get the comparison of overclocked droid vs DI.... thats like comparing a moded car to a stock car... if u compare, then make it fair. i bet an oc'd droid is no where near as fast as an oc'd DI...

but agreed... just go with the simple question of do you want a keyboard or not, since that is the greatest difference between the two phones (at least imo).
    05-03-10 02:56 PM
    Simple answer to the whole thing has already been answered. Look at specs, pictures, video, and read forums as much as you want. You will find as many answers to your question as there are people answering it.

Some say the build quality is great, some say it's cheap. Some say the battery only lasts them 3 hours, saw one write up that said he had to charge it after a day and half of moderate use. But your moderate use may be a lot different that his moderate use.

Some people argue about the screens, the keyboard, the camera etc.

Bottom line is this:
    Incredible has a faster processor, better camera, more memory, lighter weight, it's thinner (granted only .3") etc. As of right now the only plus side to having a Moto Droid is the ability to overclock it, which shortens it's life and you may get, processor wise as fast as the incredible, and the physical keyboard. Depending on the type person you are that can be a plus or minus.

The thing that has me tore up about forums right now is the same crap that went on when every new phone is released. You have the people who are stuck that either can't afford to upgrade, or don't want to pay the extra money due to retail pricing to upgrade who insist that the old phone is still better or can be made better, simply because they are upset they no longer have the "cool" or "best" phone on the market. Either phone is a great phone it just depends on your wants or needs. Especially considering right now they are both the same price with a 2 year contract!

The bottom line, do your research online, narrow it down to the phones of choice. Go into a store play with each phone for more than 5 minutes. Decide which one fits your personality better, not what the hype is around the phone. But personally right now, if you don't own either phone you will probably regret not getting the Incredible.

One other thing to keep in mind though. You are talking about upgrading a year away....at the rate HTC, Motorola, and Google are going there will be two full revisions of phones before you are ready to upgrade. By then the Moto Droid will have gone the way of the Razr and the Incredible will look like a Storm1....just food for thought.
    05-03-10 03:49 PM
    does anyone have both phones to compare

yes, i have both phones.

as another poster put it, if you don't need or want a physical keyboard then get the incredible. i think it really is that simple.

right now the incredible is my primary phone and is such a good phone (imo) that it can hold me over for the new batch of LTE phones to come out. until then i'll just admire new android goodness from the sidelines.
    05-03-10 04:14 PM
    i forgot to add...copy/paste on the incredible is awesomer than any other android phone out right now.
    05-03-10 04:20 PM
    I just hope the incredible will be as good as. The droid six months later

05-03-10 08:56 PM
    The droid is awesome and starting to kinda like the physical keyboard(no BB though). The incredible seems to have very bad battery life and the droid has a lot of support since its been out for awhile. Do you want all touch or a physical keyboard too? Just consider what each phone has to offer and mess around with them.
    05-03-10 09:43 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD