I've had my Storm since Feb and it has been an ok phone. I've been though every leak/hybrid/official OS and everytime I am not very impressed. Having to do battery pulls is BS. Thats like saying its ok to jump start a car once a week to get it running again. I love the click screen but seriously RIM you need to step it up if you want to compete with apple and android.

I'm due for an early upgrade in Feb and I'm really thinking about going Android. I hope that RIM proves me wrong in the next few months. A OS overhaul is due.

Anyone know of any site that shows pics of the HTC Dragon?
    12-01-09 06:56 PM
    You can google the HTC Dragon and find some pics. Online they are saying it will be available by late Dec of this year but thats all I have heard.
    12-01-09 07:13 PM
    You can google the HTC Dragon and find some pics. Online they are saying it will be available by late Dec of this year but thats all I have heard.
    The pics I've found are not to good. I was looking for some clear pics of all angles, maybe a video.
    12-01-09 07:17 PM
    Your best bet is to find the forum for that phone. You'll get the latest news / pics / speculations / rumors / etc... for people who are really gearing up for that phone.

I am going to head over to some droid forum to see if I can find out what people are complaining about to determine if I should make the switch in December.

But maybe I will do a little more research and try and figure out new Android VZW phone drops in the 1 or 2Q '10.

Anyway, find the phone's forum for the truth.
    12-01-09 09:52 PM
    i have only been running the Droid for a few weeks now, but now after having it i could not go back to a s1. I gave mine to the wife and every time i have to mess with it (and its almost an every other day thing and she only uses phone and sms no email or calendar or web) i say to my self " i cant beleive i used this thing for a year and was happy with it".
    2 flaws i found on the Droid so far is a known sound bug that the sound will stop and a reboot is requied to restore sound. only had that issue once. Second is no signiture for exchange accounts. both items have been complained about to google so i would expect a fix on the much anticapated update that is rummered for dec 11th.
    But the number one thing i dont miss about my storm is the daily reboot it needed to keep it functional
    12-02-09 01:46 PM
    Come on in...the water's fine!
    12-02-09 01:50 PM
    I'm interested in the Dragon/Passion also, mostly because the Snapdragon processor in it supports GSM and CDMA apparently. Well that and it's 1 GHz...lol! I have not found any good pictures or solid evidence of it even existing or that it will come to Verizon though. I did have a VZW sales dude tell me it was supposed to be coming before the New Year, but we all know how believable VZW people are...

There's also an Acer Phone coming called the Liquid A1 (I think) that runs an underclocked (768 MHz) Snapdragon processor, but I believe it will be GSM only. Too bad because it looks pretty slick...
    12-02-09 03:04 PM
    really excited as the new devices roll out.

storm is suiting me just fine until 4g rolls out fully, but I love hearing about the potential of the new devices. Android is going to be a menace once its had a chance to grow a bit and gets some serious hardware behind it.

future is bright for smartphones that is for sure
    12-02-09 03:11 PM
    Make the jump buddy, Google actually delivered on their promises. Whatever flaws the phone has are minimal, and a lot of those should be resolved with the 12/11 update anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 03:12 PM
    I'm interested in the Dragon/Passion also, mostly because the Snapdragon processor in it supports GSM and CDMA apparently. Well that and it's 1 GHz...lol! I have not found any good pictures or solid evidence of it even existing or that it will come to Verizon though. I did have a VZW sales dude tell me it was supposed to be coming before the New Year, but we all know how believable VZW people are...

There's also an Acer Phone coming called the Liquid A1 (I think) that runs an underclocked (768 MHz) Snapdragon processor, but I believe it will be GSM only. Too bad because it looks pretty slick...
    I probably would have gotten the Droid but I can't stand slide out keyboards. I still have a few months before I could even make the switch. I'm a big fan of open source. 1GHz is great too, not to mention that it has a 4.8in screen! I have this sneaky feeling that its going to be a huge phone size wise, not really into that idea.
    12-02-09 04:11 PM
    I just wish someone would make an android phone with a click screen

I really do love typing and button presses in general on the storm, other touch screens feel so disconnected to me
    12-02-09 06:02 PM
    I probably would have gotten the Droid but I can't stand slide out keyboards. I still have a few months before I could even make the switch. I'm a big fan of open source. 1GHz is great too, not to mention that it has a 4.8in screen! I have this sneaky feeling that its going to be a huge phone size wise, not really into that idea.
    If you dont like the slide out keyboard, have no fear it has the same two on screen keyboards like the storm! I dont even use the slide out one.
    12-02-09 06:04 PM
    I too am waiting for the Passion. Well that is if it ever becomes available. Most places say it will be available by the end of the month, but I think that is hard to believe without any confirmed pics or specs. There is basically one pic on the net that everyone is using, and nobody is sure about it. If it was coming out just a few weeks away, I would think that someone would actually have one to take several pics of. If the specs are what they say they will be, I would get one in a heartbeat.
    12-02-09 07:34 PM
    If you dont like the slide out keyboard, have no fear it has the same two on screen keyboards like the storm! I dont even use the slide out one.
    Interesting, wonder why they even put a slide out keyboard on it in the first place. The Droid would be so much thinner and sleek.
    12-02-09 08:50 PM
    Interesting, wonder why they even put a slide out keyboard on it in the first place. The Droid would be so much thinner and sleek.
    For people like me who actually use the slide-out keyboard. BTW, the phone is already thin and sleek!
    12-02-09 08:53 PM
    Just to let everyone know I talked on the phone with verizon before about their official policy regarding the storm1 and exchanging it for a different phone. I was told that after 3 returns for similar reasons within the year warantee, If the similar problems continue, you can pay a restocking fee and get a different phone. Im returning my third phone in the next few days and with all luck the 4th one will crap out fast enough (before febuary) for me to get a new phone.
    12-03-09 12:29 AM
    If they package it well it will probably be about the same size as the iPhone. Actually, I think I read somewhere that it is supposed to be thinner than the iPhone, but my memory may be failing. I'm mostly concerned about the width...at about 2.5" the Storm is just about right for me. Hopefully the Passion won't be any wider than that, or only marginally anyway.
    12-03-09 02:01 AM
    Read theboygenius report on the droid, and droid forums.

I am not saying the droid is not a great phone. If you read my posts on here you will see I am clearly discontent with the storm. It is ok for occasional recreational use but I could never do business on this device.

However, the droid still has its fair share of bugs to be worked out. Not as many as the storm(which is ******* sad since the storm is over a year older than the droid), but don't expect a perfect phone.
    12-03-09 07:57 AM
    Noobi here to the crackberry forum. I tried out the Droid for 30 days and exchanged it for the S2. Hope the S2 works a lot better than the POS Droid. I mean I really wanted to like the droid, the screen was awesome, the browser was great, and the built-in Nav was pretty good too. But the voice quality is for ****s...horrible, whenever I would call someone they constantly complain that they're hearing an echo, my voice sounded choppy and unnatural like it was digitized, bad static...I mean it is a phone after all, that's the one thing that it should do right. Email syncing and management on the droid is just awful, I would read and delete emails and they would show up again in the inbox as unread. Sometimes my entire inbox would be empty for no apparent reason. Copy and paste sucks, and you can't forward attachments. Contact management on the droid doesn't always work right. Bluetooth on it pretty much sucks also - the thing can't even transfer contact info via bluetooth. I've only mentioned some of the problems but there are lots more. Again, I REALLY wanted to keep the thing (that's why I held on to it till the very last day of my exchange period), but if it can't do the simpliest thing like have a decent voice quality and email management what good is it as a phone? Everyone who's holding on to it is just hoping for that supposed "Dec. 11th" patch. Well, I wasn't going to take that chance and be stuck with a lemon for 2-yrs. Come on everyone, assure me that the S2 will work much better because I'm not allowed to exchange phone again.
    12-04-09 02:22 AM
    Noobi here to the crackberry forum. I tried out the Droid for 30 days and exchanged it for the S2. Hope the S2 works a lot better than the POS Droid. I mean I really wanted to like the droid, the screen was awesome, the browser was great, and the built-in Nav was pretty good too. But the voice quality is for ****s...horrible, whenever I would call someone they constantly complain that they're hearing an echo, my voice sounded choppy and unnatural like it was digitized, bad static...I mean it is a phone after all, that's the one thing that it should do right. Email syncing and management on the droid is just awful, I would read and delete emails and they would show up again in the inbox as unread. Sometimes my entire inbox would be empty for no apparent reason. Copy and paste sucks, and you can't forward attachments. Contact management on the droid doesn't always work right. Bluetooth on it pretty much sucks also - the thing can't even transfer contact info via bluetooth. I've only mentioned some of the problems but there are lots more. Again, I REALLY wanted to keep the thing (that's why I held on to it till the very last day of my exchange period), but if it can't do the simpliest thing like have a decent voice quality and email management what good is it as a phone? Everyone who's holding on to it is just hoping for that supposed "Dec. 11th" patch. Well, I wasn't going to take that chance and be stuck with a lemon for 2-yrs. Come on everyone, assure me that the S2 will work much better because I'm not allowed to exchange phone again.
    You posted the same thing in two threads?
    12-04-09 03:19 AM
    now that is trolling.

And if the droid OS update does come on Dec. 11th there is a lesson in that for RIM. How long did we wait for the first official OS update for the storm? Hmmm wonder why it took so long?
    12-04-09 08:24 AM
    I had the Droid about a month and sent it back for several reasons.

1. Fonts cannot be changed in E Mail and Text messaging. I could barely read anything without my glasses.
    2. E mail did not even come close to BB
    3. Could not sync with Google contacts from phone to google
    4. When you are on the phone the screen turns off so that contact with your face does not disconnect you, but at times it will not turn itself back on AND you have to pull the battery( sound like anything you know)
    5. Cannot seperate your e mail accounts on the home screen. When you get an e mail you have to check notifications and see which account gets e mails.
    6 Slide key board is very smooth, I typed faster on the screen
    7 Screen is very sensitive, you have to turn off the screen before putting it in your pocket or it will do crazy things.

NOW

The Android OS is fantistic, super fast and works great.
    The navigation it also great
    Nice graphics
    The apps are great, more every day and so far they all work!! A least the ones that I used.

If you need e mail stay with BB
    If you need the internet and not e mail then Droid is a good way to go. (as long as you dont need reading glasses)
    12-04-09 08:52 AM
    wow i didnt know about half those droid problems... kids paint it like it's the most perfect thing on the planet
    12-04-09 10:03 AM
    At the same time there is already a slotted update for december 11th...how long did it take RIM to put out an update for the storm..... and even then it still has too many problems.

Im going into verizon tomorrow with my 4th storm to return it (already problems) and assuming everything goes smoothly (which it should because CR said if the store doesnt want to admit company policy regarding the exchange to have the store call them) I will finally have a droid.
    12-04-09 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD