http://www.androidcentral.com/sept-9...o-music-awards

Presale Info: Best Buy Mobile Lanuches Presale of Verizon Wireless Samsung Fascinate � BBY.com

"Best Buy Mobile today announced the Verizon Wireless Samsung Fascinate� is available for pre-order starting August 29.

As an added and exclusive bonus, Best Buy Reward Zone members can reserve the Samsung Fascinate on August 27, two days before it goes on pre-sale to the general public. That priority access will help ensure that Reward Zone members get their device first."

Last edited by YaBoiD; 08-26-10 at 04:54 PM.
    08-26-10 01:12 PM
    Looks good but whats up with Bing over Google?

08-27-10 09:17 AM
    How good will this be matched up to the X? I am still within my 30 days and was sniffing around, lol....
    08-27-10 11:59 AM
    How good will this be matched up to the X? I am still within my 30 days and was sniffing around, lol....
    If u are a gamer definitely go with the Fascinate..........
    08-27-10 12:03 PM
    The X has the best battery life out of any other Android device out. The X and GS have very similar processors, but the GPU on the GS is better. The X has a 4.3" screen and the GS has a 4". The X is a 854x480 LCD, and GS is 800x480 SAMOLED. LCD has better visibility in sunlight, SAMOLED displays colors much brighter. The screen is all a matter of preference. Some find SAMOLED/AMOLED screens to be oversaturated with color, while others like that. The DX has a notification LED, while the GS does not.

Then you have the UI, which doesn't really matter because it can be changed anyways. Your best bet is to just go look at a GS variant that one of the other carriers offer to see if you like it. Only you can decide.
    08-27-10 12:11 PM
    Looks good but whats up with Bing over Google?

Microsoft made a deal with Verizon to use Bing search.
    08-27-10 12:11 PM
    Microsoft made a deal with Verizon to use Bing search.
    See that sucks; but rooting should take care of that correct?
    08-27-10 12:17 PM
    See that sucks; but rooting should take care of that correct?
    Yea you probably need root to delete it. Google Search and Maps are available in the market though.
    08-27-10 12:20 PM
    Yea you probably need root to delete it. Google Search and Maps are available in the market though.
    See the Bing thing really isn't a big deal for me as long as there is an option to delete it if need be. I heard that there is only 2gb onboard storage with the Fascinate though... In your honest opinion without being Bing biased or Google biased, lol, which do you think is the better of the two just looking at the specs???? I would prefer the size of the Fascinate to the X but it's not a huge deal....

My 30 days is up 2 days after it is suppose to drop, lol.

Just called Verizon and asked the girl I spoke with about the Fascinate and she said "The What?" She hasn't even heard of it yet and they have no information on it either...
    08-27-10 12:28 PM
    See the Bing thing really isn't a big deal for me as long as there is an option to delete it if need be. I heard that there is only 2gb onboard storage with the Fascinate though... In your honest opinion without being Bing biased or Google biased, lol, which do you think is the better of the two just looking at the specs???? I would prefer the size of the Fascinate to the X but it's not a huge deal....

Just called Verizon and asked the girl I spoke with about the Fascinate and she said "The What?" She hasn't even heard of it yet and they have no information on it either...
    Just return it, cause sounds like you're gonna be mind f_(k!n yourself. See how u like the Fascinate, you will know soon as u lay hands on it which will suit u best.
    08-27-10 12:43 PM

The Samsung has better specs. The DX has better benchmarks scores, but that doesn't really mean much. If you prefer the size of the Fascinate, then get it. I will say though, that if the Fascinate feels anything like the other variants, then I would not buy it when comparing it to the DX. IMO the DX has superior build quality to any Android device out right now. I also do not know if the GS has as good of call quality. What I do know it that the battery life is pretty bad, especially compared to the DX and D2.
    08-27-10 01:09 PM
    08-29-10 06:59 PM
    If it's like many of the other Samsungs, it will feel like a 2 ounce piece of cheap plastic. I hope they didn't skimp in build quality. For high end devices, they should be using metal. These things are $200 at the cheapest, they shouldn't be building them like something that belongs at Toys R Us in the Fischer Price aisle.
    08-29-10 07:47 PM
    no notification led? wow
    08-29-10 11:26 PM
    Looks like the Fascinate will have the BOGO (Buy One Get One) free option

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...uy-one-get-one
    09-03-10 09:41 AM
    If it's like many of the other Samsungs, it will feel like a 2 ounce piece of cheap plastic. I hope they didn't skimp in build quality. For high end devices, they should be using metal. These things are $200 at the cheapest, they shouldn't be building them like something that belongs at Toys R Us in the Fischer Price aisle.
    +1

@BIG CAT 7: I've been trying to decide between a DX and the upcoming Fascinate. I do like the vivid color of the SuperA screens. Hold the DX in your hand for 5 minutes and then hold the Fascinate (or Captivate) in your hand for 5 minutes. As Brad said, the latter Samsungs feel very much like "cheap plastic", at least to me. Of course "feel" is only one aspect of the user experience. YMMV-
    09-03-10 10:05 AM
    phone does look nice and it actually has flash on the camera lol but im not so sure about samsung (i never liked them). is the fascinate already rooted? lol
    09-03-10 10:24 AM
    Those that don't need to get a phone now, may want to wait just a little longer. I read an article this morning, that said the HTC Incredible HD (basically a Verizon version of Sprint's 4.3" EVO), will release in the fourth quarter of this year.
    09-03-10 10:47 AM
    Those that don't need to get a phone now, may want to wait just a little longer. I read an article this morning, that said the HTC Incredible HD (basically a Verizon version of Sprint's 4.3" EVO), will release in the fourth quarter of this year.
    it prob wont be LTE then right??
    09-03-10 10:54 AM
    Tell me more my friend- do you have a link for that article?
    09-03-10 11:21 AM
    it prob wont be LTE then right??
    I wouldn't think so. I don't mind, because I'll be paying retail for it, and keeping me NE2 date of July, 2011.

Tell me more my friend- do you have a link for that article?
    Verizon HTC Droid Incredible HD Releases In Q4, 2010: Report
    Last edited by Spotmark; 09-03-10 at 12:42 PM.
    09-03-10 12:16 PM
    I get my X on the 7th, I am glad I decided to just get it instead of waiting for the "next" new phone (Fascinate) etc....,, there is no way of staying current on the latest and greatest in the Android market with a new phone showing up every three months. I had the Storm 1 for two years, so I am sure I will be blown away.
    09-05-10 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD