Still an Android noob.

Would like to prevent Titan from nodding off while listening to sound files. Tried listening to a podcast for the first time just using the music app. Phone went to sleep, woke it, restarted playback, then it actually ran for several minutes before nodding off again. So... not even consistent.

Can someone help this clueless user? I realize I can change the sleep delay but what I'd really like is to leave it at my chosen 2 minute setting and let the audio roll on as an exception.

This is for use in the car on Bluetooth, if that matters. My daily commute is mostly devoid of cell service.
    06-24-20 07:51 AM
    Still an Android noob.

Would like to prevent Titan from nodding off while listening to sound files. Tried listening to a podcast for the first time just using the music app. Phone went to sleep, woke it, restarted playback, then it actually ran for several minutes before nodding off again. So... not even consistent.

Can someone help this clueless user? I realize I can change the sleep delay but what I'd really like is to leave it at my chosen 2 minute setting and let the audio roll on as an exception.

This is for use in the car on Bluetooth, if that matters. My daily commute is mostly devoid of cell service.
    Since it’s tougher design, can’t you just bang it against console or dash to wake it up, like shaking a person from a drunken stupor?

Otherwise, ask Mr. Titan and the rest of the crew @Grungni
    @The_Passporter @3800

Hope everyone is well

I’m the infamous lyrics of Mr. Osborne, I’m going off the rails on the crazy train. But, that’s always a good sign with me
    06-24-20 08:21 AM
    Still an Android noob.

Disable Duraspeed and AppBlocker.
    Grungni and IvanTheTolerable like this.
    06-24-20 09:02 AM
    Since it's only an issue when driving, I'm trying to avoid interacting with the phone, violently or otherwise. 😜

Those look like Twitter handles.

Neither do I Snap nor 'Gram.
    Facebook's just a data scam.
    I'll never be a Twitter Twit,
    And no, I will not Google it.

I know, these things can be useful too, but if I get involved I know I'd spend all my time proving my anger management skills aren't much better than all the fkking %#*+\ moronic witless %(=+##... ahem, AHEM!

Well, thanks anyway.
    06-24-20 09:03 AM
    Thanks I guess I hadn't looked at that again after the update.
    06-24-20 09:04 AM
    Still an Android noob.

Which music app were you using? I use Amazon music and this hasn't happened to me... As Conite suggested check duraspeed and app blocker... Both of these can affect background app tasks...
    06-24-20 09:14 AM
    Since it's only an issue when driving, I'm trying to avoid interacting with the phone, violently or otherwise. ������

Those look like Twitter handles.

Neither do I Snap nor 'Gram.
    Facebook's just a data scam.
    I'll never be a Twitter Twit,
    And no, I will not Google it.

I know, these things can be useful too, but if I get involved I know I'd spend all my time proving my anger management skills aren't much better than all the fkking %#*+\ moronic witless %(=+##... ahem, AHEM!

Well, thanks anyway.
    No they’re CB forum members and the @ sign is called a mention that hopefully attracts their attention to your thread here.
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 06-24-20 at 10:01 AM.
    Grungni and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    06-24-20 09:34 AM
    No they’re CB forum members and the @ sign is called a mention that hopeless attracts their attention to your thread here.
    It worked! :-)
    06-24-20 10:01 AM
    Awesome thanks
    06-24-20 11:32 AM
    Disable Duraspeed and AppBlocker.
    Finally got round to checking this. Subsequent to last update I find Duraspeed still as I left it (disabled) and as for AppBlocker, I assume you don't mean I should disable it globally(?) In any case the app I'm using doesn't appear in the list, which seems odd.

Side question: is there no way to re-sort the app listing in AppBlocker?

I don't subscribe to any podcasts so, having simply downloaded one, I reached for a simple app that would play any sound file. I yanked up the creatively-named "Music" for the purpose.

This app has 2 configurable permissions, Phone and Storage. Storage was enabled, Phone was not. I've never used it before so... these are defaults?

I can open "show all permissions" and - gawd I feel like an ignorant boob - these don't appear to be configurable, so are they enabled? Are they even specific to this app?? One of them is "prevent phone from sleeping." Perhaps the general Phone permission has to be enabled for this to apply, so I'll try that unless advised against it.

Geez, I spent nearly a quarter-century working for an audio company and I feel like I need an Android certificate course just to get a freaking sound file to play uninterrupted. This must be pretty funny to y'all.
    06-29-20 08:51 AM
    Finally got round to checking this. Subsequent to last update I find Duraspeed still as I left it (disabled) and as for AppBlocker, I assume you don't mean I should disable it globally(?) In any case the app I'm using doesn't appear in the list, which seems odd.

Side question: is there no way to re-sort the app listing in AppBlocker?

I don't subscribe to any podcasts so, having simply downloaded one, I reached for a simple app that would play any sound file. I yanked up the creatively-named "Music" for the purpose.

This app has 2 configurable permissions, Phone and Storage. Storage was enabled, Phone was not. I've never used it before so... these are defaults?

I can open "show all permissions" and - gawd I feel like an ignorant boob - these don't appear to be configurable, so are they enabled? Are they even specific to this app?? One of them is "prevent phone from sleeping." Perhaps the general Phone permission has to be enabled for this to apply, so I'll try that unless advised against it.

Geez, I spent nearly a quarter-century working for an audio company and I feel like I need an Android certificate course just to get a freaking sound file to play uninterrupted. This must be pretty funny to y'all.
    I just left them both globally disabled. Titan has plenty of juice to handle a few apps in the background. It just solves sooooo many problems.
    Grungni likes this.
    06-29-20 08:54 AM
    Which music app were you using? I use Amazon music and this hasn't happened to me... As Conite suggested check duraspeed and app blocker... Both of these can affect background app tasks...
    As detailed in my prior barf, I just d/l'd the sound file and grabbed "Music" to play it.

I have my whole music collection on an SD card in the car and I almost never get to listen to tunes on the job, so I actually have more music creation and audio editing tools on the phone than playback apps.
    06-29-20 08:55 AM
    I just left them both globally disabled. Titan has plenty of juice to handle a few apps in the background. It just solves sooooo many problems.
    Really. So, what's the prime (only?) purpose of app blocker? Security or performance? I had assumed the former; your advice makes me think otherwise.
    06-29-20 08:59 AM
    Really. So, what's the prime (only?) purpose of app blocker? Security or performance? I had assumed the former; your advice makes me think otherwise.
    Just performance.

If you truly want security, use NetGuard to block trackers and prevent connections from dubious apps.

https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/rel...83-release.apk
    06-29-20 09:01 AM
    Just performance.

If you truly want security, use NetGuard to block trackers and prevent connections from dubious apps.

https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/rel...83-release.apk
    This has been far more instructive than I'd hoped, thank you very kindly indeed. I do have Netguard. It seems necessary to launch anew every time I wake the phone. Is there a way around this?
    06-29-20 09:08 AM
    This has been far more instructive than I'd hoped, thank you very kindly indeed. I do have Netguard. It seems necessary to launch anew every time I wake the phone. Is there a way around this?
    Turn off battery optimisation for Netguard. Also, disable Duraspeed and AppBlocker.
    06-29-20 09:08 AM
    Turn off battery optimisation for Netguard. Also, disable Duraspeed and AppBlocker.
    I am in your debt. Thanks again.
    06-29-20 09:10 AM
    Don't forget to use NetGuard from my link (direct from source) instead of from Google Play. The direct version can block all ads on your device too. Google doesn't like that.
    06-29-20 09:12 AM
    Don't forget to use NetGuard from my link (direct from source) instead of from Google Play. The direct version can block all ads on your device too. Google doesn't like that.
    Bonus upon bonus. Cheers!
    06-29-20 09:13 AM
    Bonus upon bonus. Cheers!
    You have to enable "filter traffic" under settings/advanced, and then download the host file under settings/backup.
    06-29-20 09:17 AM
    As detailed in my prior barf, I just d/l'd the sound file and grabbed "Music" to play it.

I have my whole music collection on an SD card in the car and I almost never get to listen to tunes on the job, so I actually have more music creation and audio editing tools on the phone than playback apps.
    Ah, ok... I noticed all the advice from Conite and can't add anymore than the comprehensive information he has provided... What I can say is that I have both duraspeed and app locker turned off globally and that solved all the issues I had with my Titan... Good luck...
    06-29-20 11:17 AM
    Be careful @conite has first mortgage on my residence. It adds up quickly
    06-29-20 02:30 PM
    Be careful @conite has first mortgage on my residence. It adds up quickly
    😀
    06-30-20 05:39 PM
    Thanks to the forum I can now play audio files uninterrupted. Thanks kindly.
    06-30-20 05:40 PM