Since I am the "tech guy" of the family, I always get these questions. My sister in law had a Moto Droid, got tired of it, and moved to a BlackBerry, loves it so far. She has not figured out how to get her contacts from the Droid to the BB. Any suggestions? I have googled, and there are a google plus one solutions to move contacts from BB to Droid, but not the other way.

So I am hoping to help her move her contact list from the Droid to the BB. She got a 9650 if anyone cares. I do like it, although it is small compared to my 9000.

Thanks all.
    08-16-10 08:58 PM
    Easy if her contacts were saved on her Gmail account then synced with her BB.
    08-16-10 09:14 PM
    google sync.......
    08-16-10 09:22 PM
    Yep. Download Google Sync on the BB. Problem solved.
    08-16-10 10:28 PM
    can always take it to a VZW store
    08-16-10 10:51 PM
    You can have the Verizon store transfer them for you, or you can download an free backup app from the market to backup all phone data. Then when you get the new phone you just download the app and the data loads on the new phone. No pluggin in, easy! Hope that helps. (works between BB and Droid too)
    08-17-10 03:05 PM
    Yep. Download Google Sync on the BB. Problem solved.
    OP, do this. On her blackberry download "Google sync", run the app and it will do the work for you, as long as her contacts on her droid are synced with her google account.
    08-18-10 04:24 AM
    Thank you all. I assumed there was a "hard way" to do this, and that is usually what I use; "the hard way". Thanks for pointing me to the easy and elegant way. I'll do this soon.

Again, many thanks.

The upside is I'll get to play with the Droid and perhaps keep it as a second phone. That might be fun. :-)
    08-18-10 09:42 AM
    What about a back up with Verizon(Back up Assistant) with the old phone, then activate the new phone and load the backup to the new phone?

Or take both phones to a Verizon store and they can connect the two and transfer them
    08-18-10 01:16 PM
    The upside is I'll get to play with the Droid and perhaps keep it as a second phone. That might be fun. :-)
    Except for one big problem, you're on AT&T.

What about a back up with Verizon(Back up Assistant) with the old phone, then activate the new phone and load the backup to the new phone?

Or take both phones to a Verizon store and they can connect the two and transfer them
    Even easier would be to export the contacts as a .csv file from Gmail, then import the .csv file using Desktop Manager, then sync the BB with Desktop Manager.

To the OP. Google Sync is still the way to go, IMO. If your sister in law isn't good about making regular backups using Desktop Manager, Google Sync will keep her contacts and calendar backed up.
    08-18-10 01:46 PM
    Easier?
    Good luck doing that.

Ooops.................... AT&T? .............Good luck
    08-18-10 01:55 PM
    Forget all that! If you are one vzw and use backup assistant, use BA from your bb and update it, then activate your android and download BA sign in and all your contacts will be downloaded into your new device. That's what i did. It eliminates the need to go to the vzw store to transfer all your contacts. Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 07:10 PM
    She would use the Verizon store, but for some reason they don't want to help her. Interestingly she is a cell phone freak, seems to get a new one every 6 months or so. I think they are tired of her. haha. I'll press her to go back to the store and do a direct link.

As for me using the Droid, I would ditch AT&T, which has been very spotty in calls lately for me in Palm Beach and Martin counties in Florida, and switch to Verizon.

Again, thanks for all the thoughts, I am going to give the export to csv a try tonight, worst case scenario it does not work. I think she may just need to put Google synch on the BB and let it do the work, she did set all the Google goodies up on the Droid, so I presume her contact list is stored in Google's cloud and thus easy to download to the BB using Google's synch.

OP, do this. On her blackberry download "Google sync", run the app and it will do the work for you, as long as her contacts on her droid are synced with her google account.
    Yes, Jonneh, they were synched to her Google account. I was looking at the Droid and all the contacts indicate they are from her Gmail account, so I think it's be easy. And yes, I have been slow getting to this, got Cub Scouts for my son and other fun family stuff taking all my free time. :-)

I'll let you know if I survive this test. And again, this place is great and all the immediate help is wonderful, thanks!
    08-23-10 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD