Ha.. Its always one post everyday that makes me laugh..
    Congrats your the one post for today..
    Haha thank you!
    03-30-10 09:40 AM
    Why stop at the Droid...why not wait for the HTC Incredible too.... ? I am so ready for an upgrade from my current phone.
    04-02-10 12:27 AM
    thanks everyone for the feedback. Not trying to get you to do my work for me I have a family and I know I need to find that time to get my **** into the store and spend some time on the devices.

The Droid clearly seems to win in regarding to speed, apps and other issues.

However, as a salesperson is often on the road, I just don't know if I can give up the ease of use with texting on the BB. I can even do it with one hand on the BB.

I am hopefully going to make it to Verizon this week and see if there are any upcoming BB devices that are truly advancements over the 8330 curve.

If yes, I may go BB.... or if I can seem to text well on the Droid, I may go that route.

thanks, All.
    you can always utilize the speech to text feature. But, I have no problem texting with one hand.
    04-03-10 11:48 PM
    Tae, I couldn't agree with you more.

Funny how many Android haters are on here. When's the last time some "kid hacker" sucessfully hacked into Google?

I just upgraded to a Droid from my Curve 2. This thing was crap. After 3 weeks of ownership, the frames around the screen were bent, keys sticking, etc.

I too, owned the Curve 1. It was the best BB I've ever had, but with RIM going the direction they're going, I can't see the build quality standard being raised.

I get my Droid on Tuesday, so I can't speak for the e-mail functions just yet. I too, like you, use the phone on a professional level. While the touch-screen keyboard may take some time to use to, I'm glad I made the switch.
    04-04-10 08:29 AM
    I get to upgrade next weekend. I think that I am going to take my chances and go for the Droid. In talking with other users, most people don't seem to use the slide out keyboard for texting, but say the touchscreen works pretty well.

I really would like to stay with blackberry, but it sounds like the droid is just packed with power, navigation...ability to tether as a modem for free....and apps.

I am sure it can never compete with BB for ease of use of texting and email.

I will keep my curve in case. I have no qualms about returning the droid if it doesn't work as easily as the curve.

we'll see.
    04-04-10 05:37 PM
    Jason, I think you made a good choice.

I too, didn't want to leave RIM, but I'm afraid their quality hasn't been up to par for quite some time now.

I get my Droid this Tuesday, will let you know how I like it.
    04-04-10 06:03 PM
    I too am thinking of changing my 8330 for a android phone due for an upgrade May 11. Thanks to the folks at Crackberry that put together one of the nicer forums with nicer folks than the Android forums - been lurking on there for a few days and just feel more at home here. I think it says something that other users have already switched over but still read the forums here. At any rate....played with a demo droid at the store the other day - didn't really like the keyboard and it seemed to slide unevenly and be easily worn - granted it's only a demo phone but it's only been out since Oct. - It just didn't seem to wear well. Deffinatly looking at the HTC Incredible due to Verizon in the coming weeks as well as the nexus one - The way I undertand the Incredible is 1 gig Processor - 3.7 touch screen with sense UI - android 2.1 - I think 512 mg of DRAM - 8 mg camera - FM radio - 800X480 AMOID back lighting res. -
    04-04-10 06:40 PM
    I doubt I would be using the physical keyboard on the Droid when mine arrives on Tuesday.

Also keep in mind the HTC phones are known to have a low quality speaker system. For me, the Motorola brand sold me, otherwise I would have waited for the N1.
    04-04-10 07:35 PM
    I doubt I would be using the physical keyboard on the Droid when mine arrives on Tuesday.

Also keep in mind the HTC phones are known to have a low quality speaker system. For me, the Motorola brand sold me, otherwise I would have waited for the N1.
    please let us know whatyou think when you get your Droid!!

One interesting review I read said that the Droid doesn't support a blue tooth ear piece - that seems odd to me...can anyone confirm ?
    04-05-10 10:39 PM
    I picked up the Droid today. So far so good.
    04-10-10 03:26 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD