10-24-09 07:52 PM
38 12
tools
    as long as the battery life can match my Tours battery life atleast, I think im sold!
    10-22-09 02:05 AM
    Well see about battery life. I'm not holding my breath. I'm worried that they have a really thin battery in there due to the slideout keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 02:37 AM
    I'm really considering the Droid.

Do android phones do "themes" or something along that line? I've read of people putting SenseUI on other android phones. Is that major surgery?
    If you're talking about themes like BB no, there's really no need for themes as you can customize the heck out of the phone and the different homes screens, base Android OS has 3, with HTC Sense UI you get 7, not sure what MotoBlur will offer.

You can however customize your background image for the home screens and the lock screen.

On my main homes screen I have the Clock/Weather widget, phone book, camera, visual voicemail and quick on off buttons for GPS, Wifi and bluetooth running (1st pic).

One to the right has shortcuts to g-mail, htc mail, handcent sms, facebook, twitter, android market, google talk and the browser (2nd pic). 2nd Screen to the right I have my bookmarks (3rd pic). 3rd screen to the right nothing.

One screen to the left is my speed dial pad, basically all my favorite people with their pictures (4th pic). 2nd screen to the left is my calendar and the 3rd screen is empty (5th pic).

With all the customization available on Android there really isn't a need for themes.

Last edited by ERDude; 10-22-09 at 02:49 AM.
    10-22-09 02:47 AM
    Thx for the pics ERDude.

No BB theme comes close to the function/customization Android offers.

10-22-09 03:21 AM
    Thx for the pics ERDude.

No BB theme comes close to the function/customization Android offers.

You can say that again. Other than the first 15 minutes with the phone I've not had any regrets about dropping my Tour for the Hero. Once you work through the first date awkwardness it's a great phone. Don't think I'll be back to BB anytime soon and now that I have Android I seriously doubt I'll go iPhone if it were to come to Sprint or any carrier other than AT&T

With Android being Google centric there's really no need to connect to my Mac for anything other than transferring music via DoubleTwist.
    Last edited by ERDude; 10-22-09 at 03:39 AM.
    10-22-09 03:37 AM
    ERDude, you should start a thread called "What does your Android screen look like?"

Eventually destined to be a sticky.

10-22-09 04:07 AM
    ERDude, you should start a thread called "What does your Android screen look like?"

Eventually destined to be a sticky.

That would be cool..........................
    10-22-09 09:26 AM
    The droid market looks pretty cool. Just seeing some of those apps makes that phone all the more appeasing.
    10-22-09 10:10 AM
    The droid market looks pretty cool. Just seeing some of those apps makes that phone all the more appeasing.
    Thats what I'm saying.......
    I am so torn between this and the Omnia2
    I am gonna try the Droid though
    10-22-09 10:17 AM
    i cannot wait for this device!!
    10-22-09 10:33 AM
    You guys all make very good points, but I'm going with the Storm 2. It has a wider screen, widgets are supposed to be doable now for similar screen customization to the android, and it's an established brand. I predict many physical keyboard BB users will jump ship to the storm 2 as well as many casual new BB customers will come on board due to the hardware/software improvements. This large growth in users combined with RIM increasing profit sharing to developers should encourage the growth of Appworld and widgets both in quantity and quality.

And if I'm wrong, with VZW I can jump to an Android handset in a year with a discounted upgrade. Thanks for keeping the flaming out of this thread.
    10-24-09 06:46 PM
    Uhh, where did you hear about widgets on the BBs? There is NO way that 5.0 comes even close to the customization of Android. Please show me a link.
    10-24-09 07:31 PM
    I've heard some brief mention of widgets on blackberry but as far as I can tell, they work through the browser. I don't see any way the BB can offer widgets on the home screen like Android unless they rewrite the homescreen which I don't see happening since its been like that for so long and their big pretty 5.0 doesn't have it.

As far as the wider screen, the Droid's screen has a higher resolution, is about .5" taller (in portrait) and only .185" narrower. Even with .185" less space, it has more pixels across than the S2. Diagonally the Droid is 3.7" and the Storm is 3.2"
    10-24-09 07:52 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD