Does anyone else notice the bottom left corner of the screen (particularly where the "back" button is) clicking against the keyboard portion of the phone when it is closed and you try to tap it? The upper left corner doesnt do this... It is slightly annoying at times, but maybe it is just this particular phone?
    11-13-09 08:56 AM
    Does anyone else notice the bottom left corner of the screen (particularly where the "back" button is) clicking against the keyboard portion of the phone when it is closed and you try to tap it? The upper left corner doesnt do this... It is slightly annoying at times, but maybe it is just this particular phone?
    Confused..... Are you talking about the Droid or the Storm?
    11-13-09 10:13 AM
    I suppose that is a might bit confusing. The Droid is the hardware in question here. I didn't know of a better way to describe the 'noise' other than clicking against the physical keyboard when the screen is closed....
    11-13-09 10:15 AM
    Mine does it in the bottom middle. It is getting on my nerves.
    11-13-09 10:35 AM
    Mine does it in the bottom middle. It is getting on my nerves.
    are you talking about the eris or the moto droid, and in terms of the moto droid i have nt noticed this at all could be faulty hardware, try getting a free one.
    11-13-09 10:38 AM
    I noticed the same thing on mine. After further investigation it looks to me the screen isn't actually clicking, but the corner of the face touches the underside of the keyboard if you press hard enough. I was worried my screen was loose.
    11-13-09 10:38 AM
    Moto Droid here....and mine stops clicking between the menu and home buttons at the bottom....it is slightly annoying thats for sure....
    11-13-09 10:41 AM
    yea you should go into verizon they definitly owe you a device due to hardware defects.
    11-13-09 10:43 AM
    Hmmm....well that's why I figured I'd ask on here to see if anyone else is experiencing this as well... I didn't want to show up at VZWs door just a few days after I got it and say something is FUBAR already lol
    11-13-09 11:29 AM
    You guys much push pretty hard to notice something like this. I never noticed it until I read this thread and tapped really hard on the screen.
    11-13-09 11:44 AM
    I don't tap hard at all... I mean I'll admit I'm used to the *click* of the screen on a storm, but still on the Droid it just requires a light tap to make the clicking begin...
    11-13-09 11:46 AM
    If you go in and try to get a new phone for this reason i am pretty sure they will laugh at you. Theres supposed to be a space there its a slide out keyboard.
    11-13-09 01:02 PM
    If you go in and try to get a new phone for this reason i am pretty sure they will laugh at you. Theres supposed to be a space there its a slide out keyboard.
    That's why I figured I'd post on here real quick before I bothered to make the trip to the store :-p
    11-13-09 01:18 PM
    That's why I figured I'd post on here real quick before I bothered to make the trip to the store :-p
    And FWIW im pretty sure a majority if not all will have play in it even if it isnt that noticable. I mean you could certainly go to the store try a test phone (if it isnt strapped down like a prisoner in a max security prison) and if you see a much noticable amount of play they may give you a new one but very doubtful.
    11-13-09 01:26 PM
    I went into a VZ store yesterday. One clicked and the other didn't. It's definitely a defect. Go get another one.
    11-13-09 01:42 PM
    The Droid's screen clicks and isn't supposed to and the Storm's screen doesn't click and is supposed to. Maybe Motorola and RIM should exchange product engineers?
    11-13-09 04:31 PM
    I don't press my screen nearly hard enough to even notice.
    11-13-09 05:38 PM
    It's not necessarily the screen clicking, it's just that theres a little bit of room between the keyboard and screen to move.
    11-13-09 05:45 PM
    It's not necessarily the screen clicking, it's just that theres a little bit of room between the keyboard and screen to move.
    Exactly! There is nothing wrong with the hardware.
    11-13-09 06:19 PM
    I just got a replacement phone due to random shut down's and the phone I got today is SOLID. The slider is way more "firm" in place and I cant get it to move down at all. I'm kind of glad I had the random reboot issue now!
    11-13-09 06:40 PM
    Ok. If I pick up a phone and its loose, and I pick up another phone, THE same model, and it doesn't click, there is a problem with the hardware. Don't know how you can't see that.
    11-13-09 06:43 PM
    Ok. If I pick up a phone and its loose, and I pick up another phone, THE same model, and it doesn't click, there is a problem with the hardware. Don't know how you can't see that.
    agreed... i did the same thing in a verizon store. one was looser than the other. mine happens to be loose. if it gets worse, maybe i will try for another.
    11-14-09 01:47 AM
    Precisely. I tried two other units at the store. One of them clicked probably worse than mine did. The other barely moved at all. I'm actually getting the upper right hand corner to move up and down now and make noise. Plus a friend of mine said his phone is rock solid and doesn't move at all.

I already talked to a manager at my local verizon store and she approved a full replacement. They were in the process of exchanging it for me, but it wouldn't go through because my phone number port was still pending. Gonna go back today or tomorrow to finish it up. I've had a few other little issues with the phone that I really hope are cleared up as well.
    11-23-09 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD