I don't seem to be having much luck with this phone! (But I do love it!) Before anyone beats me to it, yes I'm an ***** for not putting a screen protector on right away. I admit it. My phone is only a week old and I'd been doing some research on which protector would be the best to get, so I hadn't ordered one yet. I'd been SO careful with it. It never went inside my bag or any pockets, and it had never been dropped. Yesterday I went to the park with my son and my cousin. My cousin asked if she could play a game on it. I told her she could, and apparently when she was done with it, she put it in my bag. I didn't realize this right away and when I picked up my bag, it seems the phone got moved around in there and now I have a pretty noticeable little scratch on the screen, along with two other very tiny ones near it. They're right in the middle of the screen so it's very annoying, plus it bugs the you-know-what out of me that my week-old phone that I babied so much is already scratched. I tried the toothpaste thing - didn't work. If anything it seemed to make it a little worse. I read about using a small amount of spackle on it, which my boyfriend said he would do for me... He also said he has some scratch remover for car paint that he said might work, but I'm really nervous about trying those things. With my luck it'll just create new scratches.

I'm not sure where to go from here. Should I try the spackle? I've read such conflicting things online about this stuff. Some people swear by certain methods, while others say that nothing works aside from replacing the screen. I've seen quite a bit of things saying that just by putting on a screen protector, it can kind of hide the scratches. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which type of protector would be best for that purpose? I'm not sure what to look for.

For reference, the main scratch (really the only one that bugs me) isn't real deep at all, nor is it very long. If anything, it's wider and kind of jagged.

Any help would be appreciated!
    04-12-11 11:49 AM
    I haven't had a screen protector on any of my touchscreen devices since the iPhone 3G, and I have had several devices since then.

Do you have any pics of the scratch? That may help to see it if someone has any type of advice for the certain scratch.

Honestly, my best advice is to just live with it. I'm not a fan of screen protectors because they can get kind of messy after a while, and I just do not like the feel or the extra layer on my device. You have to be extra carful still because concrete or anything sharp will tear the protector and can still scratch the screen. Constant rubbing against things will wear the protector down as well.

IMO never put the device in your bag. I would invest in a holster or put it in your pocket. I have kept my devices in my pocket, unprotected (no case or screen protector) and have remained scratchless for years. Only scratches I get are from drops, but that is expected.

Also, if your BF does use that stuff on your device, make sure he is extra careful. One wrong move and that gets inside the device, not only is your screen ****ed, but the rest of the device as well.
    04-12-11 01:19 PM
    you can exchange it before 14 or 30 days. You can tell version through your little white lie, T_bolt has some issues or whatever.. they will be happy to exchange it for you. they want to make sure you as their customer satisfaction!

If you get another sweet T-Bolt after exchange done. you better go walmart, screen protect 3 and 5 dollars less.

Dont hurt to ask them for exchange.

G'Luck..
    Last edited by VIDGMER; 04-12-11 at 01:54 PM.
    04-12-11 01:52 PM
    ^^ Yea, cheat the system. Let's raise the ETF even more....

Do not do that. They will reload the OS before they give you a new device. Especially when they can sit there and play with it for 2 min and realize nothing is wrong with it.

Unless it is a manufacturing defect, do not try to **** VZW because the rest of us get ****ed in the end.
    Accidental Post likes this.
    04-12-11 02:00 PM
    you can exchange it before 14 or 30 days. You can tell version through your little white lie, T_bolt has some issues or whatever.. they will be happy to exchange it for you. they want to make sure you as their customer satisfaction!

If you get another sweet T-Bolt after exchange done. you better go walmart, screen protect 3 and 5 dollars less.

Dont hurt to ask them for exchange.

G'Luck..
    This is hard to read.
    04-12-11 03:41 PM
    I like Zagg screen protectors. I have one on my X and my Xoom. I highly recommend.
    04-12-11 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD