Interesting stuff going on here, trying to make a play for enterprise base customers.

Samsung working with Sybase and Cisco to make Galaxy S II enterprise-friendly -- Engadget
    BlackBerry may be the go-to enterprise smartphone platform, but Samsung is positioning its newly unveiled Galaxy S II as new contenders for the crown. To get there, Samsung's working with Sybase to bring far more advanced security to the handsets than stock Android offers, including control of individual applications and ports and also allowing for remote administration -- including admin-pushed app updates. Samsung also talked up the phone's Exchange compatibility and, with help from Cisco, the phone offers WebEx compatibility, VPN support, and VOIP calling. Know what this means? Your next corporate phone just got a lot more interesting.
    02-13-11 04:16 PM
    uhoh, they need to get on the ball with the new road map devices!
    02-13-11 04:18 PM
    I don't think this was the right place to post this. What does this have to do with the Playbook?

Aside from that, I've come to realize that Android is just one huge battery *****. They can make it 4G, dual core, FFC, NFC, etc but if the battery can't last 5 hours under constant use, what's the point? Android phones need to be built with 3000 mAh batteries as stock to last any reasonable amount of time.
    02-13-11 04:20 PM
    I don't think this was the right place to post this. What does this have to do with the Playbook?

Aside from that, I've come to realize that Android is just one huge battery *****. They can make it 4G, dual core, FFC, NFC, etc but if the battery can't last 5 hours under constant use, what's the point? Android phones need to be built with 3000 mAh batteries as stock to last any reasonable amount of time.
    wow didnt know that
    02-13-11 04:23 PM
    Your right, have been haging out to much in the playbook thread, forgot to venture out the the appropriate forum.

Mods please move to appropriate forum. Thanks

02-13-11 04:29 PM
    Maybe under PB Accesories?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-11 04:37 PM
    poor battery life is overstated. Most people, not you BG, have never used an android device but think they know everything about it and how crappy it is. My Inc has about the same as my storms, all of them will basically last a day on typical use. I can kill my battery on my inc in 6-8 hours playing angry birds the whole time or surfing the web constantly but at least i enjoy doing it. I dont have to either, its my choice. There is nothing that i would ever want to do for that long on my storms. The browsing experience is complete crap no matter what browser you use.

On the same token i can also make my Inc last over 50 hours on 1 charge if i use it like most people use their blackberries (check email, sms, IM and hardly any websurfing at all)
    Last edited by howarmat; 02-13-11 at 07:43 PM.
    02-13-11 04:38 PM
    poor battery life is overstated. Most people, no you BG, have never used an android device but think they know everything about it and how crappy it is. My Inc has about the same as my storms, all of them will basically last a day on typical use. I can kill my battery on my inc in 6-8 hours playing angrey birds the whole time or surfing the web constantly but at least i enjoy doing it. I dont have to either, its my choice. There is nothing that i would ever want to do for that long on my storms. The browsing experience is complete crap no matter what browser you use.

On the same token i can also make my Inc last over 50 hours on 1 charge if i use it like most people use their blackberries (check email, sms, IM and hardly any websurfing at all)
    Don't the Storms have an average battery life of 41 minutes on standby and the Incredible 2 years of battery on giga-heavy usage?

Needless to say, my Curve needs an Android OS loading on to it...
    02-13-11 07:37 PM

5 hours....exaggerating a little maybe? I unplug my device at 6am every morning and shut it off at 11pm every night without charging. It is my work phone so I use it for phone calls,emails,texts and browsing and have no battery issues. If it was underpowered like bb's,it would probably go 3 days too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-11 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD