ok well ive watched about 5 vids and read about 15 reviews... every single one complains about the camera not being front facing or not having a flash... yet the t mobile rep i talked to said it didnt need a flash due to the night time mode (basically night vision but not all green like)...

not once on any review or video did anyone mention this feature... can someone confirm this feature? and if possible can u post a pic of your night time mode pic?

im thinking of trading in my 8900 for this phone... im just nervous about the camera, the texting (i have big fingers and im nervous bout the text slide thingy) and i havent had any smart phone other than blackberry... so u dont wanna be a noob with a smart phone all over again lol

thanks in advance guys

Phil
    08-06-10 06:12 AM
    I have the Captivate and they are basically the same phone. The settings you have on the phone are:
    None
    Portrait
    Landscape
    Night
    Sports
    Party/Indoor
    Beach/Snow
    Sunset
    Dawn
    Fall colour
    Firework
    Text
    Candlelight
    Backlight

I don't know how the night setting works since I just got the phone yesterday and was playing with other features of the phone. Swype is great, it doesn't matter how large your fingers are. You can set the sensitivity up to allow for speed or accuracy or an in-between.
    08-06-10 08:18 AM
    Heard with Night mode that u still need some sort of light source. If you were in a room that was completely dark the picture wold come out pitch black. So the night mode is pretty useless without the flash to give it a guaranteed light source.
    08-06-10 08:37 AM
    Well living in cali its virtually impossible to have a pitch black night LoL... But thanks for the replies

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-10 02:14 PM
    You will LOVE that phone dude. It is nothing short of spectacular.
    08-06-10 02:33 PM
    heres a few comparison pics i took between my 9700 and captivate after i first got it

captivate (no flash):

blackberry bold 9700 (no flash):

captivate (night mode):

blackberry bold 9700 (flash):
    08-06-10 02:50 PM
    I like the night mode picture over the flash of the 9700. The flash just over powers everything in this picture.
    08-06-10 07:09 PM
    My SamVibrant-

iso 800 is not enough for night mode. as f5fstop's post #8 says.. they need add iso 1600/3200 for perfect night mode and quality picture without nosie/blurr.
    Last edited by VIDGMER; 08-07-10 at 12:20 AM.
    08-07-10 12:18 AM
    oh wow that is a huge difference... was your nightmode pic done on auto or iso 800?
    08-07-10 05:35 AM
    oh wow that is a huge difference... was your nightmode pic done on auto or iso 800?
    you cant change the iso when you use any mode other than normal so id assume its at 800
    08-07-10 08:50 AM
    I just think for it being a shot w/o flash it is pretty good. It is a cell camera as stated so we have to take what is given. I personally never liked the way BB flashes would over saturate the picture.
    08-07-10 10:17 AM
    just curious... how the **** did u get to night mode? when i go to my camera it doesnt give me a night mode option.. just like action and panorama and other stuff... no night mode though
    08-08-10 12:42 AM
    You need to go into Settings (arrow to the left of the screen), choose Night Mode on "Scenes" then hit the little diskette (a save icon of sorts).

I used Night Mode today. It does help w/ low-light locations.
    08-08-10 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD