I find it funny The encryption company Samsungs using is one they started themselves, and they have the nerve to claim androids now secure with it? Is this not just trying to fool customers, I'm just saying if it was really secure why dont they have the fips certification that bb10 and every bbos has had for years.

To me its like there locking the front door and forgetting that the windows and back door are wide open, or like I read someone else state before like trying to catch water with a chain link fence. Can't wait for bb10, and RIMs Super Bowl commercial, Samsung must feel threatened in someway by bb10.
    IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/34is9ck.jpg[/IMG]
    01-27-13 08:17 PM
    Android is secure as long as you didn't download weird apps that require unexpected permission. Some pirated apps/game are sometimes modified to carry virus or steal your data.

There are some rumors that SMS can carry virus for android phone, but it is impossible and most likely only contain link to the virus webpage
    01-27-13 08:47 PM
    Galaxy S3 has FIPS so it is pretty solid unless someone finds a root hack (which has already happened) or the device is rooted (which people do all the time)...
    SAMSUNG | Mobile in Business
    These ads are horrible regardless.
    01-27-13 08:48 PM
    Android is more vulnerable then Blackberry. I can tell you that much
    SDTRMG and BergerKing like this.
    01-27-13 08:48 PM
    Is this not just trying to fool customers, I'm just saying if it was really secure why dont they have the fips certification that bb10 and every bbos has had for years.
    LOL.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-27-13 08:50 PM
    I trade stock and do banking on my BB but I don't even put my address book in my SG3 LOL
    01-27-13 08:50 PM
    when you are using a product from google.... be weary of them farming your data...
    01-27-13 08:52 PM
    Been banking on my Android device for years. matter of fact, I belong to a site that actively (informally) tracks identity theft via devices like mine.

In any case, you are left with a few possibilities:

1. No one is using Android devices for banking (meaning all those banking apps are for show).
    2. They are all being hacked, and hiding it.
    3. Android is safe enough for banking

Being that someone has already CATEGORICALLY stated (without a hint of research) that Android devices have never received FIPS certification I doubt many will see option 3 as a possibility. Again, I am happy that RIM's CEO is not so close-minded, and has a bit more of an understanding of competing devices, and respects them.

Carry on...
    BergerKing, JR A, mikeo007 and 3 others like this.
    01-27-13 08:58 PM
    when you are using a product from google.... be weary of them farming your data...
    This is true, though the argument could be made that EVERY internet connected company (including RIM) does the same.
    BergerKing and mikeo007 like this.
    01-27-13 08:59 PM
    Been banking on my Android device for years. matter of fact, I belong to a site that actively (informally) tracks identity theft via devices like mine.

1. No one is using Android devices for banking (meaning all those banking apps are for show).

Being that someone has already CATEGORICALLY stated (without a hint of research) that Android devices have never received FIPS certification I doubt many will see option 3 as a possibility. Again, I am happy that RIM's CEO is not so close-minded, and has a bit more of an understanding of competing devices, and respects them.

Carry on...
    4. Some are being hacked
    JR A likes this.
    01-27-13 08:59 PM
    4. Some are being hacked
    The only people that seem to be concerned with Android hacks are Norton, Lookout and folks here.

Like I said, I had the opportunity to speak to a mobile anti-virus utility exec in the know (off the record). As I said, his choice of device was very telling, as was his smile.

I'm not trying to change anyone's platform, or even arguing that Android id as safe as Blackberry OS, but am saying this: RIM can either feel sorry for Android users, or try to understand what makes them use the platform. Ignorance (such as not knowing that competing platforms are certified) doesn't help.

Or we can assume all Android users get hacked, and stupidly remain with the platform.
    01-27-13 09:06 PM
    Galaxy S3 has FIPS so it is pretty solid unless someone finds a root hack (which has already happened) or the device is rooted (which people do all the time)...
    Ya that's what I'm talking about if it can be rooted so easily then is it can it really be as secure as a bb10 device? If I'm correct not even iOS has come close to that, and people say the closest is window phone.
    01-27-13 11:34 PM

Carry on...
    Well from what I've read any fips an android device every got was declared invalid upon its next update, and had to be resubmitted with each update, mainly because google released there updates so quickly. Either way I was asking because I want to know if that means those android devices can't be hacked or only the enterprises used devices can't be(if not rooted)?
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 01-27-13 at 11:49 PM.
    01-27-13 11:39 PM
    any device is secure as long as you are not one of the ones picked out to get hacked, thats said if you are picked you are not safe using any device.

it also helps to be safe when browsing and downloading, what it comes down to is a smart user is a happy user
    01-27-13 11:45 PM
    LOL.
    And it might be funny but between nov.-dec. 2012 Samsung didn't have the fips certification, there are many articles which stated they didn't when bb10 received fips.
    01-27-13 11:45 PM
    This commercial makes it seem like all the Samsung phones are not secure, but the BlackBerry is haha, since the BB user says it wasn't him while the gs3 users leaked the game.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    01-27-13 11:56 PM
    This commercial makes it seem like all the Samsung phones are not secure, but the BlackBerry is haha, since the BB user says it wasn't him while the gs3 users leaked the game.
    Nice catch. I didn't even notice that guy had a BlackBerry
    SDTRMG likes this.
    01-28-13 12:24 AM
    My sis in law got a weird facebook email on her droid. Didn't think anything of it and when she woke up her phone was wiped.

When I tried reloading her gmail contacts to the phone it seemed to work in the process but when you went to her contacts they weren't there. If I tried to put them in manually they weren't showing up.

That was my deciding factor in security loopholes with android. She had to go out and get a new phone.

Was just an unnecessary thing to have to go through because of something that everyone uses like facebook.

Sent from my game boy color
    01-28-13 12:36 AM
    Android securely runs over 35,000 malware applications!
    01-28-13 02:20 AM
    I trade stock and do banking on my BB but I don't even put my address book in my SG3 LOL
    I've banked for years on android and will continue to do so. No need to be so paranoid.

I had to get the red SGS3...garnet is my birthstone! Excuses sent via Tapatalk 2
    01-28-13 03:06 AM
    Also, not this $! (@ again. Don't people get bored trotting out the old standbys of MALWARE VIRII ZOMGELEVENTY OH THE HUGEMANATEE ANDROID WILL KILL EVERYONE LIKE A CONTAGION!!! 1!1!!!1!111!

I had to get the red SGS3...garnet is my birthstone! Excuses sent via Tapatalk 2
    kevinnugent likes this.
    01-28-13 03:08 AM
    The SG3 is not FIPS certified. The SG2 global and the Galaxy 10.1 tablet are certified.
    01-28-13 03:21 AM
    if android is secure, blackberry os is more secure? somebody correct me
    01-28-13 03:21 AM
    Its not safe at all
    01-28-13 03:33 AM
    The ad is confusing lol, if Samsung SG3 is so secure how come they leaked the game?

Doesn't make any sense to me lol
    01-28-13 03:45 AM
83 123 ...