I am a bit jealous. My wife just got the Samsung Moment. We are on Sprint. The feeling it haves in your hand blows the Motorola Droid away. It is a well contoured, solidly built phone. The HTC Hero favors it in feel. The Moment feels heavy and solid, but it is actually listed as being slightly lighter than the Droid. It runs 1.5 currently but I expect 2.0 will be out soon.

My wife was set on the Pre for months. I could not talk her into a BB. She wanted to be patient and wait for the price to come down. I took her to play with the Moment and even though it was priced even higher than the Pre, she had to have it - no more waiting. She went back the following day to the only Bestbuy around that had one.

Between the two of us, it has been played with for hours without the first bug. The animated screens, drop-downs, etc are well put together. I can email as fast as I can on my BB.

YouTube has a great interface, but you do notice serious degradable from the mobile YouTube on the bigger high res screen as compared to my BB.

The screen on the Moment is awesome. Some have said it does not show up well in direct sunlight. We have had it inside, and outside and it looks awesome. I cannot test it on a beach in the middle of summer right now, but I would say 99% of the time you will have no problem.

The keyboard is also very nice. It has little rubber keys that feel nice, and they have plenty of space between them. I did notice a bit of typing lag, but I have done nothing to optimize the phone other than turn off Wifi.

The Android operating system is put together really well. I like the way everything is animated and scrolls. It takes a bit to figure out how things work, as the access points are not blaringly obvious. Once you do, you really how much it maximizes screen space.

The Voice-mail is also Google-fied. We have yet to really play with this feature as it was just activated, but it seems like it has a lot of nice additional conveniences.

The Android Market has tons of free apps. I think these are called Widgets, but I'm not sure. All I know is there's hours of free entertainment to be had.

I love my Blackberry Curve. It is a no non-sense, lets get down to business and do it on a solid system that complements professionals. If the 8900 comes to Sprint, I expect I will get it. With that said, I would love the Samsung Moment for all non-working hours. It is a very fun phone.

I think the Android system is going to cut into the iPhones market share a good bit. Especially if they do not move to other carriers. Blackberry will perfect the business class phone and dominate that market, and Palm will fade away or adopt Android.
    11-07-09 08:14 AM
    The Moment does look like a very sweet phone and will probably get Android 2.0 soon. Unfortunately for some of us Sprint is not an option because of spotty service at best in certain areas (mine included). I still think I'd opt for the Droid but it would be a tough decision if it was on VZW (and probably will be soon enough).

As for Android cutting into iPhone market share, I think you're right but when VZW gets the iPhone towards the end of next year I think iPhone will become the best selling phone in the US, IMO.
    11-07-09 08:19 AM
    Sprint appears to have dropped the ball on this phone though. Very few Best Buys here have them. The Sprint stores did not even have one on display in a claw - it was locked in the case.

All the publicity has been behind the Motorola Droid and its sales are through the roof. Lack of supply and marketing is part of the reason Sprint is losing so many customers/money. They have the best plans by far for the price.
    11-07-09 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD