New Galaxy S III to be announced in May:

Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - Full phone specifications

Did the Samsung Galaxy S III just appear in Vietnam? (video) (updated with statement) -- Engadget

Quad Core Exynos 1.4 Ghz using 20% less power consumption, ceramic casing, 4.8" screen, 320 ppi resolution, but only 8 meg camera.

Too big a phone for me. BBOS 10 phone will launch this fall in a land of quad-core phones from Android and iPhone 5. Will BB ever catch up in the hardware spec race?
    04-26-12 09:03 PM
    I think you might be missing the point. Go with performance over specs. Android struggles often when it comes to lag. I would try each OS...Windows, Apple, BB10 and Android to see what actually performs to your needs. My dual core android lags behind my 9900.
    04-26-12 09:11 PM
    Could not the lag be due to memory issue of running too many apps on Android??
    04-26-12 09:17 PM
    I would say no to the apps causing the lag. Although that can happen, in my opinion Android software is always just ahead of what the hardware has to offer. What I mean by that is its just enough to run it acceptably. Android requires better hardware to run than BBOS or IOS. That's why you can load the most recent iOS software on a 2 year old iPhone and why the BBOS 7 runs so well on a single core processor. BBOS 7 will give you the spinning clock from time to time, but that is more attributed to apps being installed on the RAM rather than internal storage. I've always thought that was the main drawback of of the BBOS. Apps is what slows the BBOS down more than anything.

Naturally, there are a fair share of bugs in Android. More so than any other mobile OS. Another real advantage to Apple and BlackBerry. When BB10 is here, as we all know, the installing apps on the RAM is no more, and thus a lot of issues that we have now will be resolved. I personally keep the apps on my 9930 to a minimum and use my PlayBook to go app crazy.

Using my Bold as the world's best communication tool keeps it as fast paced as I am. It's the 1st phone I've ever had that can keep up with me.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 04-26-12 at 09:34 PM. Reason: More...
    grover5 likes this.
    04-26-12 09:27 PM
    I'd consider it as soon as the device meets my priorities:
    1. Push everything not just gmail. I don't need real time sometimes.
    2. A seriously secure device.
    3. A physical keyboard loaded with tons of practical everyday shortcuts.
    4. World phone. I don't want to trade in a loaner and set it up every time I take a trip.
    5. Ability to swap batteries.

I think it going to be a nice phone but when it is more like a BlackBerry Bold 9930 it may meet my priorities.
    04-26-12 09:51 PM
    Could not the lag be due to memory issue of running too many apps on Android??
    No, the lag (compared to WP7 and iOS) is because of hundreds of correct little decisions that Microsoft and Apple made that the Android team didn't. This is the stuff that never gets talked about (because most people aren't engineers), but it's that attention to detail that makes all the difference.

I agree that number of cores and megapixels and all that doesn't matter. Is the phone fast? Is it fluid? Does it have great apps? Does it take beautiful pictures? Those are all so much more important than the numbers on the side of the box you're about to throw away.
    04-26-12 09:59 PM
    I don't have lag issues nor does ANY of my friends who own androids it all comes down to bad phones crackberrys lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    04-26-12 11:54 PM
    I don't have lag issues nor does ANY of my friends who own androids it all comes down to bad phones crackberrys lol

Welcome to CRACKBERRY, a Blackberry website. Hope you're here to add to the CB community...
    04-27-12 01:27 AM
    Naturally, there are a fair share of bugs in Android. More so than any other mobile OS. Another real advantage to Apple and BlackBerry.
    This is hilarious. BlackBerry is notorious for releasing OSs filled with bugs, many of them major ones. Look at the leaked OS threads on this site, and look to the PlayBook for a half baked OS that was publicly released. Also, which OS is notorious for requiring almost daily battery pulls to keep the OS from almost insufferable lag? Oh, yeah, it's BB.

For an OS that only took baby steps over the course of many years, that's pretty pathetic.

Android is, what, 4 years old? Sure, it wasn't full go from the beginning. That has changed, as you'd be hard pressed to find an Android phone released in the last 9-12 months that suffers from any sort of lag what so ever. My GSII has never crashed, apps have never crashed. It has been smooth sailing, which was a nice change from my 9700.
    04-27-12 07:34 AM
    This is hilarious. BlackBerry is notorious for releasing OSs filled with bugs, many of them major ones. Look at the leaked OS threads on this site, and look to the PlayBook for a half baked OS that was publicly released. Also, which OS is notorious for requiring almost daily battery pulls to keep the OS from almost insufferable lag? Oh, yeah, it's BB.

For an OS that only took baby steps over the course of many years, that's pretty pathetic.

Android is, what, 4 years old? Sure, it wasn't full go from the beginning. That has changed, as you'd be hard pressed to find an Android phone released in the last 9-12 months that suffers from any sort of lag what so ever. My GSII has never crashed, apps have never crashed. It has been smooth sailing, which was a nice change from my 9700.

Very well said.. My thoughts exactly. Not one single issue with my SGSII, best phone to date for me.
    04-27-12 07:53 AM
    Welcome to CRACKBERRY, a Blackberry website. Hope you're here to add to the CB community...

Best post of the day.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-27-12 08:04 AM
    I think you might be missing the point. Go with performance over specs. Android struggles often when it comes to lag. I would try each OS...Windows, Apple, BB10 and Android to see what actually performs to your needs. My dual core android lags behind my 9900.
    My dual core Galaxy Nexus runs smooth as butter.
    04-27-12 08:08 AM
    So does my single core Nexus S 4G

04-27-12 08:21 AM
    My dual core Galaxy Nexus runs smooth as butter.
    I'm glad you found one that works for you.
    04-27-12 08:21 AM
    I'm glad you found one that works for you.
    They have all worked. This one just better than the rest.

I know what you are talking about with the lag because I have experienced it. Most stock ROMs (especially manufacturer skinned) are nowhere near as optimized for performance as a custom ROM. Many of the times it is the manufacturer and their stupid skins and lack of memory management that cause these problems.

For example, when I had my Droid X and left it stock it was laggy. Once I rooted it and loaded a custom ROM, the lag was almost nonexistent unless I was running way too many apps and had 100 things updating at the same time.

Stock ICS still does have a little lag every once in a while, but I am running a ROM and have no lag at all.

If manufacturer devs strived to create stock ROMs that performed as good as a custom ROM from a developer, the Android user experience would be much much better overall.
    04-27-12 08:58 AM
    Also, here is another rumored SGS 3 shot...

Is this the Samsung Galaxy S3?
    04-27-12 09:19 AM
    In my experience Android devices have gotten increasingly better where lag is concerned. I can see how anyone who hasn't used a top of the line Android device for the past 6 months or so would think Android is a bit laggy. I recently got a Samsung Fascinate (released in Sept, 2010) and boy howdy, the lag on that is VERY noticeable in comparison to my HTC Rezound which is already about 6 months old.
    avt123 likes this.
    04-27-12 10:02 AM
    Let's not forget that Gingerbread really isn't that special. ICS is a totally difference ballgame.
    04-27-12 10:37 AM
    Let's not forget that Gingerbread really isn't that special. ICS is a totally difference ballgame.
    If rumors are correct, I'll find out on 5/9!!
    04-27-12 10:39 AM
    If rumors are correct, I'll find out on 5/9!!
    The sooner the better.

Try running a ROM on it yet?
    04-27-12 10:46 AM
    The sooner the better.

Try running a ROM on it yet?
    Nope, rooting kinda scares me lol. I accidentally rooted my MT4G and after that I haven't tried again because basically all I wanted was screenshot capabilities, and I got that stock when I got the HTC Sensation.
    04-27-12 10:56 AM
    All I know..Android says their releasing a NEW phone and BAM, there it is.....improvements over the last release (3 months ago). Why does it take RIM sooooooo long to release a new phone??
    04-27-12 11:11 AM
    Nope, rooting kinda scares me lol. I accidentally rooted my MT4G and after that I haven't tried again because basically all I wanted was screenshot capabilities, and I got that stock when I got the HTC Sensation.
    lol. It really isn;t that bad if you follow the directions. HTC devices usually have great write-ups and dev support as well.
    04-27-12 11:16 AM
    Let's see if they have some killer feature to beat out the One X.
    04-27-12 01:42 PM
    They have all worked. This one just better than the rest.

I know what you are talking about with the lag because I have experienced it. Most stock ROMs (especially manufacturer skinned) are nowhere near as optimized for performance as a custom ROM. Many of the times it is the manufacturer and their stupid skins and lack of memory management that cause these problems.

For example, when I had my Droid X and left it stock it was laggy. Once I rooted it and loaded a custom ROM, the lag was almost nonexistent unless I was running way too many apps and had 100 things updating at the same time.

Stock ICS still does have a little lag every once in a while, but I am running a ROM and have no lag at all.

If manufacturer devs strived to create stock ROMs that performed as good as a custom ROM from a developer, the Android user experience would be much much better overall.
    i agree ever since the ics update android runs smooth as butter, though the 4.0.2 that the verizon nexus ships with is kinda laggy, when updated to 4.0.4 like ours (unlocked) then its smooth as butter
    04-28-12 07:16 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD