So I have been a BB dude for a decade except had a DROID2 Global a while back and then migrated back to BB with a Torch 9850. I picked up the GS3 the other day and the phone + OS are simply stunning. This thing rivals the iphone without doubt.

When I had my D2G, Android was not quite firing on all cylinders but the platform and ecosystem have advanced big time. I am going to have to eat allot of humble pie after being such a BB die hard but so be it.

Posted from Crackberry.com App for Android
    07-15-12 03:09 PM
    So I have been a BB dude for a decade except had a DROID2 Global a while back and then migrated back to BB with a Torch 9850. I picked up the GS3 the other day and the phone + OS are simply stunning. This thing rivals the iphone without doubt.

When I had my D2G, Android was not quite firing on all cylinders but the platform and ecosystem have advanced big time. I am going to have to eat allot of humble pie after being such a BB die hard but so be it.

I agree and that's my experience with the S3 as well. I had an iPhone 4 prior to owning the S3 and my impressions are that it displaces the iPhone easily. It's more interesting and just as reliable. The S3 pleases me much more so than my iPhone 4 ever did.

Welcome to the Galaxy
    07-15-12 03:19 PM
    GS3 is sexii! LTE makes it all the better. IMHO, it's better on the AT&T network, for me at least because I am able to fall back on the HSPA+ when not in LTE coverage.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-15-12 04:38 PM

Another BB convert...the iPhone while a great device peaked a cycle or two ago and seems to have been repackaged with a few tweaks, the most recent being the stainless steel and aircraft glass. Unless there is some next gen wow factor and new innards, it may go the way of the (fill in the blank).
    Marty_LK and roderickwill like this.
    07-15-12 05:07 PM
    Mine should be here before the end of the week.
    07-15-12 05:15 PM
    Pebble Blue or White...commando or case? Congrats on the new GS3.
    07-15-12 06:32 PM
    Pebble Blue or White...commando or case? Congrats on the new GS3.
    Thanks. White and Commando....for now.
    07-15-12 06:49 PM
    Thanks. White and Commando....for now.
    If you are considering a case later, check out the GS3 Defender videos that I posted in this forum.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-15-12 06:52 PM
    You're going to love this baby. I didn't think I would be able to make the transition, but after three days of using the S3 the 9810 is now sleeping in a drawer for a little while!
    07-15-12 09:30 PM
    If I get it on AT&T, I'd have 3 devices to carry. I think I'll wait for Sprint to get LTE in NYC.
    07-15-12 10:42 PM
    You're going to love this baby. I didn't think I would be able to make the transition, but after three days of using the S3 the 9810 is now sleeping in a drawer for a little while!

The 9810 will remain active. I'll give the iPhone to one of the other guys and use the. I'll use the 9810 for work and the GS3 for other things.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    07-15-12 11:23 PM
    Discovered one bug. The lockscreen's news & information ticker doesn't work. Trying to set the country causes a bit of a freeze and crashes the WiFi.

EDIT -

[USER ERROR] I had pertinent apps disabled that this feature requires to function.
    Last edited by Marty_LK; 07-16-12 at 12:37 PM.
    07-16-12 09:54 AM
    The developer edition is almost available. Not sure I want to pay $599 though. After reading everyone's review and how good the SGS III is this will be my upgrade. My stopping point was nothing over 4.3 and this changed my mind.
    Marty_LK and pantlesspenguin like this.
    07-16-12 10:10 AM
    I'm loving mine, no question. LTE is blazing fast, phone is smooth apps are a-plenty and it's so nice to have all that screen real estate to play with.
    07-16-12 10:45 AM
    . My stopping point was nothing over 4.3 and this changed my mind.
    My thoughts exactly!!
    07-16-12 11:10 AM
    Discovered one bug. The lockscreen's new & information ticker doesn't work. Trying to set the country causes a bit of a freeze and crashes the WiFi.
    That's weird. Mine doesn't do that. Hmm...

Congrats OP on the SGS 3! I ordered a case finally and suggest checking out the OEM Samsung Thin case two pack. They are super thin silicone, come in white or blue, you get two for $20 and from the pics I've seen on android Central you can't even really tell it's on the phone. Closest to commando you can get.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    07-16-12 11:21 AM
    Turns out the News & Information lockscreen ticker was user error. I had some pertinent apps disabled that the feature requires to function. Re-enabled them and the feature works well. So far there is absolutely nothing in error with the S3.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-16-12 12:11 PM
    Congrats to all new S3 users. it seems your all enjoying it.

My experience is a little more problematic. I'm enjoying the insanely fast LTE speeds with VZW and the screen size is nice. However, I'm finding that same screen washes out pretty badly in direct sunlight (I work outside). Moving between messaging/social apps on my 9930 seemed, to me, to be more seamless than on the S3. The virtual keyboard is really my biggest problem. I'm trying to get use to it. I even tried switching to Swift Key. Still finding it hard to adapt.
    07-16-12 04:11 PM
    I'm dialed in to get mine Aug 1st. I'm pretty freakin JACKED!!!!
    I MAY be back if BB10 rolls, but for the next year, I'm all on the GS3.
    Pebble Blue and Commando till I find the right case.

I need to confess tho: My name is Dan and I'm a...well....a crackhead....in recovery.
    I contacted the Mods at AC and had my user name changed from berryjunkie to Drayk.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-16-12 04:44 PM

My experience is a little more problematic. I'm enjoying the insanely fast LTE speeds with VZW and the screen size is nice. However, I'm finding that same screen washes out pretty badly in direct sunlight (I work outside). Moving between messaging/social apps on my 9930 seemed, to me, to be more seamless than on the S3. The virtual keyboard is really my biggest problem. I'm trying to get use to it. I even tried switching to Swift Key. Still finding it hard to adapt.
    I have troubles with the Samsung keyboard also. I installed the Jelly Bean keyboard from the Play Store and problem solved.
    07-16-12 05:41 PM
    I'm dialed in to get mine Aug 1st. I'm pretty freakin JACKED!!!!
    I MAY be back if BB10 rolls, but for the next year, I'm all on the GS3.
    Pebble Blue and Commando till I find the right case.

I need to confess tho: My name is Dan and I'm a...well....a crackhead....in recovery.
    I contacted the Mods at AC and had my user name changed from berryjunkie to Drayk.
    For a case, see the Defender video thread that I started if you are interested in the Defender. Congrats on your new GS3.
    07-16-12 06:55 PM
    I agree totally on the wow factor. Can't wait until I can root this thing and fill it full of jelly beans...
    07-16-12 07:03 PM

Bright sunlight will make the screen hard to see. I just shade it... or wait until I am inside or out of the sun. It was slightly easier to see the Blackberry's touchscreen in bright sunlight but only just. And I often couldn't use it because direct sunlight seemed to make my BB stop working (thought to be interference with the trackpad or something). Whatever was causing, it was a pain. Touchscreens and bright sunlight don't play nice.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    07-16-12 08:38 PM
    Does it come with a baseball glove? Thing is enormous... lololol screams 'I have a small pe++is'

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Oooooookay then. Of course that crack is true for me, since I'm a girl and all.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-17-12 01:02 AM
    Really? How old are you? That was really, really lame. So, why are you concerned about penises on a BlackBerry Forum?
    You are only encouraging a flamer...I really like RIM devices but some have not evolved enough to be open about different OS platforms.
    07-17-12 06:29 AM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD