something in between is exactly what i've been looking for. my laptop is so very inconvenient to carry around with me and a nice mid-sized device would suit me perfectly. i refuse to carry a bulky and feminine lookin' satchel around just so i can open this heavy and awkward laptop and do thirty minutes worth of work then move on.
    10-14-10 11:32 PM
    The Samsung Tab doesn't have a replaceable battery. Thoughts
    10-15-10 09:05 AM
    The battery issue is kinda annoying, especially with the Androids track record on battery life. But after having some hands on with the tab today, I definitely want one....just not the Samsung one. I didn't like how small it is and hopefully the later or alternate models bring something better. But I do like it. ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 09:25 PM
    The battery issue is kinda annoying, especially with the Androids track record on battery life. But after having some hands on with the tab today, I definitely want one....just not the Samsung one. I didn't like how small it is and hopefully the later or alternate models bring something better. But I do like it. ...

I do remember reading somewhere they may come out with a 10" tab in the new year. I know this is a Samsung tab thread but it will be interesting to see what Moto comes out with. Price point $600.00 ouch
    10-26-10 08:11 AM
    Good Monring ....... Great new. I mean GREAT NEWS, I just heard that the new HTC Knight coming to spring will be out next year on January 6th. keep a look out for it.
    10-26-10 09:53 AM
    I do remember reading somewhere they may come out with a 10" tab in the new year. I know this is a Samsung tab thread but it will be interesting to see what Moto comes out with. Price point $600.00 ouch
    That's definitely what I'm waiting for. But after using it (and playing some Angry Birds lol) the part of me that just wants a new toys isa screamin. But it looked more like a giant cell phone than anything that can replace a laptop.
    10-26-10 12:27 PM
    That's definitely what I'm waiting for. But after using it (and playing some Angry Birds lol) the part of me that just wants a new toys isa screamin. But it looked more like a giant cell phone than anything that can replace a laptop.
    I might be like you unable to wait but time will tell along with budget.
    10-26-10 12:37 PM
    so far only sprint is offering $399 for 2year contact, best buy will be selling verizon and sprint versions along with a wifi only model...
    10-26-10 12:56 PM
    10-27-10 09:45 AM
    Hey all went into tue Verizon store today to look at the ipad. So I'm sitting there messin with it. The sales lady said bla bla bla. I said nah I'm waitn for the Samsung. So she says it gonna be released on the 11th. Then she goes we have one in the back. I couldn't believe it she let me see it. The thing is fast the screen is awesome. It the Fascinate but with a 7" screen.
    I opened up some websites and it was nice. Downloaded raging thunder 2 it was cool but the game wasn't optimised for the screen.
    I did notice somewhere in the settings u could adjust the saturation. The one thing I did notice it lacked was it didn't seem to have a setting when web browsing that allows yoi to adjust the brightness like u can on the Fasc.
    Then like the good geek I am I brought it next to the ipad and of course the screen no comparison. Also playing raging thunder 7" seems to be a sweet spot for games
    I was able to hold the thing with one hand. Overall experience was nice....... so I think I just may jump on it. Oh there was a golf game on it. Shweet.....I think I may pull the trigger at full retail. If I do it will be my Bday/Xmas present. Oh she said that even the reps like the SG tab better because its more portable. So I think I'm done....
    11-07-10 05:22 PM
    Thanks for that review, and many other thanks for that rep allowing you to check it out yourself. But, with Apple's ipad already dominating the marketing minds of the masses, it makes you wonder how much of a headway this new tab will be able to gain, or regain.
    11-07-10 05:28 PM
    Im still deciding ipad vs tab. I actually prefer the larger screen and size of the ipad for movies and videos. I need to see if my verizon has a tab i can demo before i make my choice.
    11-07-10 06:01 PM
    Im still deciding ipad vs tab. I actually prefer the larger screen and size of the ipad for movies and videos. I need to see if my verizon has a tab i can demo before i make my choice.
    You're welcome. Its pretty much going to come down to prefrence. Remember this thing does have a front facing camera as well. I know the ipad has made a big inroad. But remember Moto is coming out with a tablet as well. Once tablets from other makers start hitting the market hey its gonna be on a poppin. Also a question I have to is this how easy would it be to play the tunes u have on an android phone on an ipad and vice versa. Another thing for me to consider is since I am already so vested in android. All I probably have to do is login to the market and download the apps I have already purchased.
    11-07-10 08:26 PM
    Hey all went into tue Verizon store today to look at the ipad. So I'm sitting there messin with it. The sales lady said bla bla bla. I said nah I'm waitn for the Samsung. So she says it gonna be released on the 11th. Then she goes we have one in the back. I couldn't believe it she let me see it. The thing is fast the screen is awesome. It the Fascinate but with a 7" screen.
    I opened up some websites and it was nice. Downloaded raging thunder 2 it was cool but the game wasn't optimised for the screen.
    I did notice somewhere in the settings u could adjust the saturation. The one thing I did notice it lacked was it didn't seem to have a setting when web browsing that allows yoi to adjust the brightness like u can on the Fasc.
    Then like the good geek I am I brought it next to the ipad and of course the screen no comparison. Also playing raging thunder 7" seems to be a sweet spot for games
    I was able to hold the thing with one hand. Overall experience was nice....... so I think I just may jump on it. Oh there was a golf game on it. Shweet.....I think I may pull the trigger at full retail. If I do it will be my Bday/Xmas present. Oh she said that even the reps like the SG tab better because its more portable. So I think I'm done....
    you deserve it brother
    11-07-10 09:57 PM
    you deserve it brother
    You're making it soooo hard..... lol
    11-09-10 08:31 AM
    So the Samsung Gal tab is being released on VZ tomorrow. Who will be taking the plunge.....
    I may do the catch and release if I can bill to my account.
    11-10-10 10:26 AM
    One of the most popular tablet PCs to hit the market is the Apple iPad. However, did you know that there are two tablets that is giving the iPad a run for its money? These tablets are the BlackBerry Playbook and the Samsung Galaxy Tab.

To date, there are around 1.6 million websites that are flash-based. When it comes to flash integration, the iPad falls short on this feature. This means that you will have problems gaining quick access to a large number of websites found across the World Wide Web. In addition, graphics, text rendering, and streamed videos will not run smoothly. This makes the iPad's web fidelity questionable.

The Playbook by BlackBerry and the Galaxy Tab by Samsung come with features that are best suited for the internet. One of these features is a wide-screen display that is ideal for touch screen user interface. They both come with 7 inch wide WSVGA touch screens with resolutions of 1024 x 600. This will allow you to view high-resolution images and watch high-definition videos.

The design of the BlackBerry Playbook and the Samsung Galaxy Tab is all about accessing the internet on the go. They come in dimensions that offer optimal portability. The Playbook is 130 mm high, 194 mm wide, and 10 mm thick. The Tab is 190.09 mm high, 120.45 mm wide, and 11.98 mm thick. These tablets are in no way cumbersome to carry around.

Power and performance was well put into the tablets' design. The Tab comes with a 1 GHz processor. It runs on the latest Android 2.2 Froyo OS, which is 5 times faster than its Android predecessor. The Playbook comes with a 1 GHz dual-core processor, which is the fastest processor on a tablet. It runs on the latest BlackBerry OS the BlackBerry 6 OS.

Both the BlackBerry Playbook and the Samsung Galaxy Tab come fully equipped with Adobe Flash 10.1 support. This means that every website accessed with the tablets' browsers are sure to load in an instant. Elements such as graphics, text, images, and streamed videos will never be a problem. When it comes to web fidelity and performance, these tablets will never fall short on the standard.

Popularity will never satisfy your need for performance and internet fidelity.

There are only two tablets that are up to par with your expectations. The BlackBerry Playbook and the Samsung Galaxy Tab are among the few tablets that come fully integrated with Flash 10.1 support.
    01-20-11 09:03 AM
    Playbook comes with a 1 GHz dual-core processor, which is the fastest processor on a tablet. It runs on the latest BlackBerry OS the BlackBerry 6 OS.
    Just to let you know the blackberry runs off QNX(Tablet OS) and not BB 6.
    01-20-11 10:05 AM
    I'm getting mine next week in post, be interesting to see how it preforns

04-21-11 10:53 AM
94 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD