This Speedtest result for LTE in OKC isn't as good as a lot of you all are getting, but it's about twice as fast as the last time I checked while in ICS. And I'm as pleased as a Cheshire cat.
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy S3 Tips and Tricks-2012-12-11-15.32.49.jpg  
    12-14-12 12:16 AM
    This Speedtest result for LTE in OKC isn't as good as a lot of you all are getting, but it's about twice as fast as the last time I checked while in ICS. And I'm as pleased as a Cheshire cat.
    I can dig it. I was surprised when I saw the 4G icon up after I stopped tonight. Glad I made the switch from Photon to SIII on Black Friday! Seeing the full CrackBerry page load faster than the mobile version normally does is
    Marty_LK likes this.
    12-14-12 12:19 AM
    Ran the Speedtest on my Sprint SIII LTE, 38 Mbps down, 13 up. North of Indianapolis.
    Hellz yeah how u liking unlimited lte bro.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-15-12 11:44 PM
    Hellz yeah how u liking unlimited lte bro.

It's a sweet way to roll. I use my devices extensively, in lieu of a computer. They're my pocket lifesavers. We have 5 Smartphones on our plan, 2 SIIIs, two Photons, and an OG EVO that the youngest uses. I have been known to blow thru 10 gig of data a month by myself, so a shared plan on the other carriers would suck Jefsweat. I'm glad they're ramping up deployment of LTE and glad i jukped from the Photon.
    Greenghost likes this.
    12-17-12 12:27 PM
    We are in kinda the same boat I'm on the westside of Chicago and at first I had a s2 and a ns4g I never opened up and now I have the Gnex and gave my homie the ns4g and sold the s2 I go through these gigs through 3 days

Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy S3 Tips and Tricks-uploadfromtaptalk1355787002398.jpg  
    12-17-12 05:30 PM
    I have a question, how can I find out which app is using the most battery and isn't so great with my phone?
    12-19-12 02:09 PM
    I have a question, how can I find out which app is using the most battery and isn't so great with my phone?
    On the GS3, the "Battery" menu in system settings will give that information.
    12-19-12 02:20 PM
    I know but isnt there a way other than that... I dont think its very reliable
    12-19-12 02:34 PM
    Surprisingly it is accurate I wouldn't say to a t but accurate none the less

12-19-12 04:01 PM
    Bug report

My AT&T GS3 doesn't seem to sync info to Google. I've noticed this with Google contact changes where I make a change on my PC or other Android device, but those changes don't show up on the GS3. But what concerns me now is it isn't syncing Google calendar info. I input an event on my GS3 and it doesn't show up on any other Android devices.

This is unusal, in my experience, for an Android device. The one thing all my Android devices did well was instantly syncing any and all data and changes in Google accounts.

EDIT - decided to install the Google Calendar for the PlayStore and see if it resolves the sync issue. If so, there's something going on with the Samsung OEM cal.
    Last edited by Marty_LK; 12-23-12 at 08:30 PM.
    12-23-12 08:10 PM
    Not seeing that problem at all. I just did a test adding and deleting events and tasks, plus contact, and everything is synching as usual within seconds. I use my Gmail calendar and Calengoo with GTO.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    12-23-12 09:28 PM
    I'm seeing a little bit of a solution. On the GS3 Samsung calendar app, when I add an event, if I use the default "My Calendar" selection to save the event in, the event never syncs with Google. If I choose my Google account in the drop down menu when adding the event to save to, it syncs within 20 seconds.
    12-23-12 10:11 PM
    That's correct. It's why I never use the default calendar now I come to think of it. But since I already had my Gmail linked calendar it only made sense to continue using it as it's so seamless with everything else. Not sure why the Android calendar doesn't synch though, it is supposed to, even though I never use it. Glad you've found a solution.

Marty_LK likes this.
    12-23-12 11:22 PM
    It's permanently official, I cannot trust or rely on my Galaxy S3 for up-to-date and reliable information.

The sync function refuses to work properly. And this is only on my GS3. All of my other Android phones sync perfectly fine. But when my main phone (the GS3) won't display my upcoming calendar events, I cannot rely on it.

EDIT - I finally resorted to deleting my Google account and re-entering it. This has let it sync updated information. This isn't a fix, just a last resort.

Thinking about restoring my Nexus S to full unrooted, locked factory state and using it as my main phone while I root my GS3 and use it as my play-phone. The GS3 certainly can't be trusted for up-to-date data display.
    Last edited by Marty_LK; 12-31-12 at 11:44 AM.
    12-31-12 09:41 AM
    It's permanently official, I cannot trust or rely on my Galaxy S3 for up-to-date and reliable information.

The sync function refuses to work properly. And this is only on my GS3. All of my other Android phones sync perfectly fine. But when my main phone (the GS3) won't display my upcoming calendar events, I cannot rely on it.

EDIT - I finally resorted to deleting my Google account and re-entering it. This has let it sync updated information. This isn't a fix, just a last resort.

Thinking about restoring my Nexus S to full unrooted, unlocked factory state and using it as my main phone while I root my GS3 and use it as my play-phone. The GS3 certainly can't be trusted for up-to-date data display.
    I never even noticed this! I always just use my phone's calendar as my official calendar. I never add events from elsewhere. Just now as a test I added an event from my google calendar on PC and it synced to my phone immediately. While I was in the google calendar, I looked back and there were absolutely no events that I had entered from my phone on my google calendar :S. Surely there's a setting somewhere that we're missing. Have you tried asking over at AC or XDA?
    12-31-12 11:45 AM
    That's rather a sweeping statement. Never had the problems you are having, and checking with my other user friends, neither do they. I have a packed calendar I rely on, so I do rely on my S3 for up to date data. I also don't have a fall back phone. Sorry you are having issues. There must be a reason why yours isn't working as it should, hopefully it gets sorted.

12-31-12 12:05 PM
    I never even noticed this! I always just use my phone's calendar as my official calendar. I never add events from elsewhere. Just now as a test I added an event from my google calendar on PC and it synced to my phone immediately. While I was in the google calendar, I looked back and there were absolutely no events that I had entered from my phone on my google calendar :S. Surely there's a setting somewhere that we're missing. Have you tried asking over at AC or XDA?
    I had the same issue with the GS3's stock calendar and decided to stick solely with the Google calendar after I figured out its relationship with the phone. The Google calendar is rock solid reliable on all phones - Android, iOS, Windows Phone etc - where it is in use. But for some reason, the GS3's system is throwing a monkey wrench into the works and the Google calendar isn't being reliable on it. I think the stock calendar/Samsung account is messing with it some way.

Since I've deleted and re-entered my Google account on my GS3, it has been updating info. I've created numerous test-events on other devices and the GS3 so far has been adding them. So, as time goes by and it continues to work properly, I may rely on it as a secondary phone, but I won't rely on it as a main phone.

EDIT - By the way, something that may be pertinent to others, I don't use the Gmail app. I choose not to use separate apps for my various email accounts and, istead, use the stock email app to access my various email accounts. With a single tap I can see all my emails this way. Otherwise, I would have to open three separate apps to see all of my email. And by this I mean, when I set up each email account, it gets integrated into the system. No need to go and add my email account info in the system settings. With non-stock email apps, the account info may not set itself up in the phone's system.
    Last edited by Marty_LK; 12-31-12 at 03:01 PM.
    12-31-12 01:44 PM
    Yep I don't use the stock Gmail app either. I use mail droid for everything.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-31-12 02:46 PM
    I spoke too soon about my GS3 now sync'ing data with Google Calendar. Sadly there is an event that it has - the event was created on it - but no other device, including the Google Calendar website, shows.

EDIT - I think I figured the latest snafu out. It appears that when the "My Calendar" selection is chosen in the stock calendar app (a non-Google calendar), it becomes the default logging calendar. Meaning that any new events put into the calendar app will automatically choose the non-Google calendar system even when Google Calendar is checkmarked. I have to unckeck "My Calendar" before any inputted events will sync to Google Calendar.

As a side note, what I'm experiencing with this GS3 is the same kind of experience I have with other system - like WP7 or iOS. The system is so cryptic that it is never obvious of what is actually happening and what is related to what. Samsug apparently chose to not use the Google Calendar system as their default calendar and are using one that doesn't work well with GC.
    Last edited by Marty_LK; 12-31-12 at 11:40 PM.
    12-31-12 11:11 PM
    I use the Gmail app. I forward all my email to my Gmail and get it all in one place with all the sorting /folder options. And because I have my email "from" addresses also set up I can reply from the appropriate email from within Gmail. It just works for me. And much easier for me (better looking too) than using the stock email app.

12-31-12 11:38 PM
    I use the Gmail app. I forward all my email to my Gmail and get it all in one place with all the sorting /folder options. And because I have my email "from" addresses also set up I can reply from the appropriate email from within Gmail. It just works for me. And much easier for me (better looking too) than using the stock email app.

Yeah, Gmail has its positives. But my email app of choice is Enhanced Email, which Amazon gave away free a couple years ago - it's normally a $10 app. It's very much similar to a stock Android email app and it has some sorting advantages over stock email app.
    12-31-12 11:48 PM
    Samsung Diagnosis
    Dial *#0*#
    NOTE: I read this does NOT work on VZW...does ANYTHING!!??!!...hence, my switch to Sprint...PLUS BOGO!!!...HA!!
    01-03-13 05:41 AM
    If you see non-uniformity of color on the S3 lockscreen with solid color wallpapers, turning off the "bubble effect" in "Lockscreen options" eliminates it.
    mcaples likes this.
    01-04-13 10:46 AM
    Hard resets after every few months are good for clearing cobwebs out. My briefing feature had stopped working right and my phone wouldn'tgo into vibrate mode . It would either have sound or be silent. My battery was also draining faster than usual. A factory reset has my phone working like new. Setting everything back up was a cinch, too.
    01-10-13 06:53 PM
    Useful to know. I love this phone

pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-10-13 09:25 PM
228 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD