I have not see tips or tricks on this phone so here it goes

1. To change the shortcuts on the lockscreen head to Settings --> Security --> Lockscreen options and then press on the text that says "Shortcuts" beside the toggle that enables or disables them. You'll be taken to a screen that lets you select which ones you want.

2. Take screen shots by wiping the edge of your hand across the screen... or also take a screenshot by pressing the power button and the home button together.

3. another hidden-away setting in "Languages and inputs" in settings is the voice control for apps settings. That lets you do various things like say "snooze" to snooze your alarm, or capture to take a shot with the camera etc...

4. Go to your phone dial pad > press menu key > call settings > tick "increase volume in pocket"

5. When you open up task manager you can individually 'remove apps' by swiping them off the screen.

please let me know if u find any more
    07-06-12 05:33 PM
    To use S-Voice, double tap the Home button. You can set S-Voice to wake up with any word or name after double tapping the Home button. I'm a Trekkie so I chose "Computer".
    07-06-12 05:43 PM
    Holding Home Button brings up all your multitasking. You can kill all the background apps there also
    07-06-12 10:02 PM
    to turn on Swype text input

1. Either press the cog on Samsung�s keyboard or press Menu->Settings->Language and Input
    2. Under the second category there � �Keyboards and input methods� � choose the cog next to the �Samsung keyboard� option
    3. You need the �Continuous input� option here, which is grayed out by default, not the �Keyboard swipe� option, so you have to turn on the �Predictive text� slider first
    4. Check the �Continuous input� option
    Source Phonearena
    07-07-12 06:11 AM
    Camera

Quick camera access:How many times you want to capture some scene, but the time you are able to open the camera, scene is already gone. Normally you have swipe away the welcome screen, go to applications, search and then click on camera icon among bundle of other applications and after some lag, you will be able to open camera. Now in S3 camera icon is available at welcome screen and all you have to do is just swipe the icon and that�s it.

2. Opening through voice: You an open camera by voice command by saying open camera or I want to take photo. For voice order you need to open S voice either by clicking home button twice or saying hi galaxy

3. Opening camera through motion: Another quick way.Hold the lock screen with finger and then rotate it to landscape mode. Here to activate this feature, settings--> security--> lock screen options--> camera quick access

4. Capturing screen shot just swipe palm over camera screen and it will capture screen shot.

5. To zoom in or out: simply spread in or pinch apart two fingers

6. take pictures of moving object you can take 20 pictures in 3 seconds if you are capturing some moving object. Change scene into burst mode by going into camera setting

7. Best picture:Not sure which one is best in series of burst pictures, let S3 decide for you. It can pick the best photo in series by picking photo according to histogram etc.

8. Smily face detection:Want to take photo when people smiling change mode into smiley face

9. Saving space:Want to avoid phone internal memory being cluttered, change storage in settings to SD card

10. Pictures are blurry: Can use the tripod modification adjusted for mobile. You can search on youtube how to make one for yourself. I�m going upload my soon
    07-07-12 06:16 AM
    I have not see tips or tricks on this phone so here it goes

1. To change the shortcuts on the lockscreen head to Settings --> Security --> Lockscreen options and then press on the text that says "Shortcuts" beside the toggle that enables or disables them. You'll be taken to a screen that lets you select which ones you want.

2. Take screen shots by wiping the edge of your hand across the screen... or also take a screenshot by pressing the power button and the home button together.

3. another hidden-away setting in "Languages and inputs" in settings is the voice control for apps settings. That lets you do various things like say "snooze" to snooze your alarm, or capture to take a shot with the camera etc...

4. Go to your phone dial pad > press menu key > call settings > tick "increase volume in pocket"

5. When you open up task manager you can individually 'remove apps' by swiping them off the screen.

please let me know if u find any more
    Thank you SO MUCH for starting this thread!!
    BergerKing and reeneebob like this.
    07-07-12 11:48 AM
    Thank you SO MUCH for starting this thread!!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    Ditto. I'll get mine in a few weeks.
    BergerKing likes this.
    07-07-12 12:03 PM
    I'll get mine in a few weeks.
    Say it isn't so!
    Are you going Droid?
    07-07-12 01:24 PM
    What I also like is you can display the battery meter on the S3. It in the Display Settings. No need for an app or a Custom Rom
    BergerKing likes this.
    07-07-12 03:46 PM
    I read on another forum that within the alarm, you can set it to play your alarm alert for a few seconds, then it'll speak the current weather conditions/daily forecast, upcoming calendar events, and a news headline!!
    07-07-12 03:55 PM
    Say it isn't so!
    Are you going Droid?
    It will be an extra phone for me.....not my main phone. LOL. I already have a iPhone I use when at work - which I'll switch with this one.
    BergerKing likes this.
    07-07-12 04:07 PM
    It will be an extra phone for me.....not my main phone. LOL. I already have a iPhone I use when at work - which I'll switch with this one.
    I'm looking at this phone also. Not sure if I'll hold out for BB10 or not.
    07-07-12 04:18 PM
    Yeah. I took BB10 completely out of the equation. Sounds/looks good, but, it's not here and this one is very nice.
    LuJuCa and BergerKing like this.
    07-07-12 04:24 PM
    One the main reason for transitioning to the Android platform were the delays in releasing BB10 devices. Once you have a chance to really try this device out, you will quickly find out how much better the UX is. The GS3 also offers expandable memory, removable battery, and 2GB RAM. The TouchWiz skin is far more focused on the overall UX than Sense skin.
    Blacklatino and tsells like this.
    07-07-12 05:31 PM
    How many of these tips are ICS tips?
    07-07-12 06:07 PM
    How many of these tips are ICS tips?
    A lot of them are specific to Sammy, the call ones are ICS.

And thank you for this thread as well, I learned a couple things!

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by reeneebob; 07-07-12 at 06:28 PM.
    07-07-12 06:26 PM
    If your in your contact list or any various other list, tapping the top of the phone takes you back to the top. Not sure if its on by default or not though.

Also if your texting someone, I think moving the phone to your ear calls them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    07-07-12 06:30 PM
    For A Quicker home button action, Disable S Voice

It's all quite simple. The Samsung Galaxy S III can be set to open up S Voice with a double press of the home button. The only problem with that is that after the first press of the button, there is a pause as the phone stops to see if you want to go to the home page or open S Voice. It's the same thing that happens anytime a handset manufacturer decides to offer double-tap functionality to a button. So if you want the ability to get to your home page more quickly, you can go into the settings to disable the double-tap feature.
    07-08-12 09:30 AM
    Most new phones like the HTC One X have multi-tasking capabilities with a recent apps buttons, the S3 however, doesn�t have this button but you can still access the recent apps by holding down the Home button for just 2 seconds, from there you can switch between apps or close them by swiping them left or right off the screen.

The one we use the most is the direct call which allows you to call a contact when you move the handset to your ear but it only works if their contact details or messages are on the screen.

Say you�ve just scrolled all the way down your contact list, message list or email list all you have to do is double tap next to the headphone socket and you will automatically scroll to the top of the list.

So you�re on the lock screen of the phone but you don�t want to go through the process of unlocking the phone and finding the camera application. Well, you don�t need to; all you have to do is from the lock screen tap and hold the screen and rotate the phone horizontally.

Listening to music or watching a video but you need to quickly pause it, simply cover the S3 with the palm of your hand. Simple but effective.

Saving the best for last is the pop out video player. For example, when you�re watching a video you receive a text but you don�t want to stop the video and switch applications. All you have to do is press the pop out window button on the right of the display and a small window with the video will appear. You can even move the window around while carrying out other tasks.
    07-08-12 09:42 AM
    Smart alerts

The aim of Smart alerts is to notify you of any missed messages or calls you receives while your Galaxy S3 was not is use � sitting on a desk for example. The next time you pick it up it will vibrate to alert you to any missed calls of messages. Smart alerts can be switched on and off in the Motion section of the settings menu.
    tsells likes this.
    07-08-12 09:45 AM
    Smart alerts

The aim of Smart alerts is to notify you of any missed messages or calls you receives while your Galaxy S3 was not is use � sitting on a desk for example. The next time you pick it up it will vibrate to alert you to any missed calls of messages. Smart alerts can be switched on and off in the Motion section of the settings menu.
    I love the Smart Alert feature.
    07-08-12 12:09 PM
    Change Lockscreen Shortcuts

Changing the shortcuts on the dock of the homescreen is fairly straightforward, you simply drag an icon from the homescreen to the dock and it gets replaced. However the option to change the quick launch shortcuts on the lockscreen is a little hidden. You have to go into Settings>Security>Lockscreen options and then tap the shortcuts label to get to the screen on the right. Once there, tap an icon to replace it.
    07-08-12 03:32 PM
    WIFI Direct

This feature lets you send files to another WIFI Direct devices like the S2, or the S3 at speeds much higher than bluetooth. This is done by establishing a adhoc WIFI network, On the S3, the procedure is similar and once you�ve used it, you can turn it off by going into Settings>Wireless & networks. If you�re sending files between two S3′s, then just touch their backs to each other (NFC) and the phones will do the rest.
    07-08-12 03:34 PM
    Task Manager & Clearing RAM

Despite packing 1 GB of RAM and a quad core processor, the S3 does get a little sluggish at times. The TouchWiz launcher sometimes has to redraw the apps once you exit a heavy app and so on. While the S3 uses the ICS way of killing apps by sliding them off the screen, Samsung�s also retained its own task manager. Its accessible from the bottom left of the task switcher screen and lets you quickly uninstall apps, clear some memory and even monitor storage.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    07-08-12 03:35 PM
    How do you watch a video while texting or doing other things.

Just hit the picture n picture button at the right of the screen while in the stock video player
    BergerKing likes this.
    07-09-12 12:46 PM
228 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD