Thinking about switching to this phone with TMO...any serious issues?

I noticed that there is no flash on the camera...does this mean it takes bad pictures or can you put it into a different mode so it works?

Basically I'm a HUGE BB fan, but I'm not impressed with any of their phones coming out or rumored devices. I had a bad Android experience with MyTouch but I'm willing to give it another chance...I suppose...

Any suggestions or opinions would be great. Thanks!
    04-14-11 05:16 PM
    Wait for the Galaxy S2 to hit . It should come out this summer.
    04-14-11 05:46 PM
    isn't that the one with the bigger screen? is that the only difference?
    04-14-11 06:55 PM
    Wait for the galaxy s3 to hit, the s2 is so five minutes ago...
    04-14-11 07:04 PM
    lol...the only appealing thing to me is flash on the camera on the s2. i honestly don't care about a bigger screen. that phone is plenty big. i don't need to feel like i'm carrying a tv in my pocket...
    04-14-11 07:09 PM
    The only reason is why I don't recommend it is because I personally think Samsung
    devices suck. There are some that still haven't even gotten an official Froyo update.
    They always seem to be last.
    04-14-11 08:17 PM
    mmm..noted. the guy at TMO told me about the LG G2X..anyone heard anything about that?
    04-14-11 08:37 PM
    lol...the only appealing thing to me is flash on the camera on the s2. i honestly don't care about a bigger screen. that phone is plenty big. i don't need to feel like i'm carrying a tv in my pocket...
    The only thing appealing is the flash? You gotta be kidding me. You need to do your homework.

8MP front camera
    Dual Core 1.2 GHZ Processor
    4.3 inch Super AMOLED plus display
    Gingerbread 2.3
    Worlds thinnest smartphone

It's a no brainer, I would wait for the GS2.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-14-11 08:53 PM
    Yeah the Samsung galaxy s2 is going to be awesome. Stock touchwiz is mediocre but open source saves it and makes it a great handset. Hardware is top notch and the android community will make it better. Luckily Samsung doesn't lock their bootloaders.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-11 08:56 PM
    The only reason gingerbread 2.3 is a plus on the S2 is that Samsung is known for not updating older handsets (or not doing it timely at all) in the first place...
    Otherwise there's no real reason the galaxy s shouldn't get GB...
    04-14-11 09:03 PM
    The only thing appealing is the flash? You gotta be kidding me. You need to do your homework.

8MP front camera
    Dual Core 1.2 GHZ Processor
    4.3 inch Super AMOLED plus display
    Gingerbread 2.3
    Worlds thinnest smartphone

It's a no brainer, I would wait for the GS2.
    yes i'm aware of the power of google. and i meant to say the only thing versus the galaxy s that's out now. obviously the s2 is a very impressive device...
    04-14-11 09:12 PM
    Unless you wanna wait until the summer for the HTC Sensation to drop and then make your decision.
    04-14-11 09:13 PM
    any solid word on when the S2 comes out?
    04-14-11 09:22 PM
    any solid word on when the S2 comes out?
    No firm date for US release. May 1st for Europe I believe.

Rumors for US release have been anywhere from April till December so who knows. I am waiting for this phone as it kills everything else out and soon to be out spec wise. So hopefully it comes out sooner than lat r in the US or I am sure other devices will have caught up by the end of the year.
    04-15-11 11:52 AM
    No firm date for US release. May 1st for Europe I believe.

Rumors for US release have been anywhere from April till December so who knows. I am waiting for this phone as it kills everything else out and soon to be out spec wise. So hopefully it comes out sooner than lat r in the US or I am sure other devices will have caught up by the end of the year.
    Based on the specs other phones will probably catch up by summer, not end of year.
    04-15-11 12:33 PM
    Stay away from the current Galaxy S devices right now cause Samsung is terrible with software/update support. Even though I'm running the leaked Froyo it's just the fact they said the update will be out quite some time ago and still hasn't been officially released. The new HTC Sensation is coming to T-mo later this year so that might be worth checking out.

HTC - Products - HTC Sensation – Overview
    04-15-11 12:40 PM
    Based on the specs other phones will probably catch up by summer, not end of year.
    that's what i was about to say...if this phone comes out in December it will probably be in the mid range if not on it's way out.

Until I hear something I guess i'll be sticking with the LG G2X for my Android experiments...
    04-15-11 12:49 PM
    Really? What phones are you thinking of? I don't know of anything slated to be out this summer that comes close so I need your info in case I am waiting for the S2 forever.
    04-15-11 12:52 PM
    @honda: yeah i heard about that, but the big screen doesn't appeal to me. /shrug
    i know that's a sacrilege around here, but it doesn't. i'd much rather have a smaller screen with a few more random features.
    04-15-11 12:53 PM
    Really? What phones are you thinking of? I don't know of anything slated to be out this summer that comes close so I need your info in case I am waiting for the S2 forever.
    i don't have any solid info, but with the rate these phones are coming out and improving if the S2 stays EXACTLY as advertised, i don't think it'll be "top cutting edge" by december. I'm not saying it'll be trash. it won't be. but i can see more phones being out or on the horizon by then that might have it beat.
    04-15-11 12:54 PM
    On which carrier? I don't really see how the evo 3d or g2x don't even come close... And again, a phone with no slated release date puts the specs in question. It's easy to announce a "groundbreaking" phone, but if it takes 6 months to release it might not be groundbreaking anymore.
    04-15-11 12:57 PM
    i agree with you. that's what i'm saying. if it takes the next 6 months or so to release it, it might not be the "best out there" by the time it comes out.

honestly if i had the choice between evo, g2x, or s2, i'd go with s2...but if the g2x comes out next week and the s2 takes until the end of the summer to come out....sorry gotta go with g2x...since their specs are pretty close.

if i had a solid release date, i'd reconsider.
    Last edited by olliegrl; 04-15-11 at 01:08 PM.
    04-15-11 01:05 PM
    i don't have any solid info, but with the rate these phones are coming out and improving if the S2 stays EXACTLY as advertised, i don't think it'll be "top cutting edge" by december. I'm not saying it'll be trash. it won't be. but i can see more phones being out or on the horizon by then that might have it beat.
    Well maybe not by December but from the looks of it, it'll take the cake easily thgrough the summer.
    Last edited by mgftp; 04-15-11 at 01:26 PM.
    04-15-11 01:14 PM
    Sure, if the S2 doesnt see the US till december I might go with something else too. But the fact it's being manufactured and sold in other countries in a week I am hoping a US release is not that far out. Only time will tell.
    04-15-11 01:28 PM
    oh definitely. i got the december quote from another forum. either way...without a solid release date, i'm reluctant to set my hopes on the s2.
    04-15-11 01:32 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD