Let the debate begin. I just hope the Samsung will be able to upgrade to Android 2.2
    06-17-10 03:22 PM
    I would take the Samsung any day of the week simply because Samsung has always done good for me (and I'm officially a Samsung hoe), while Motorola has consistently disappointed me. I'd just expect better build quality, a better screen, better call quality, etc from the Sam. Also, I think the Samsung will have haptic feedback, which I think I would like.

But, I haven't toucbed either one yet...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 11:56 PM
    I would take the Droid X over the Galaxy S in a heartbeat.
    06-19-10 01:25 AM
    The samsung captive is crippled by at&t. I take the samsung galaxy s from sprint over the droid X...
    06-19-10 04:11 PM
    Motorola has been great to me over the years. I am thinking about getting the Droid X, but am not 100% sure, yet. I'll wait and see what VZW/Moto/Adobe have up their sleeves on Wednesday.
    06-20-10 08:22 AM
    droid x right now its on motorola.com and its looking sexyyy lol idk if i could wait till dec
    06-20-10 10:29 AM
    The samsung captive is crippled by at&t. I take the samsung galaxy s from sprint over the droid X...
    I agree with you! I hate that AT&T cripples all of their Android phones.

06-20-10 03:26 PM
    Droid 2/pro would be 4 me.
    06-20-10 03:33 PM
    Why do you say the Captivate is crippled on AT&T? My understanding was AT&T wasn't going to touch this phone. Unless you're talking about the network, in which case I've never had major problems with their network. This or the 9800 will be my next phone...but it's looking more like the Samsung will win out.
    06-21-10 05:18 PM
    Why do you say the Captivate is crippled on AT&T? My understanding was AT&T wasn't going to touch this phone. Unless you're talking about the network, in which case I've never had major problems with their network. This or the 9800 will be my next phone...but it's looking more like the Samsung will win out.
    AT&T locks out the ability to add apps not found in the Market. That means unless rooted, no beta tests from sites like what i have with swype and pure mess widget.
    06-21-10 06:16 PM
    AT&T locks out the ability to add apps not found in the Market. That means unless rooted, no beta tests from sites like what i have with swype and pure mess widget.
    Ah...well honestly, that won't be applicable to me. I won't be looking for beta versions of applications.
    06-22-10 07:36 AM
    I would take the Samsung any day of the week simply because Samsung has always done good for me (and I'm officially a Samsung hoe), while Motorola has consistently disappointed me. I'd just expect better build quality, a better screen, better call quality, etc from the Sam. Also, I think the Samsung will have haptic feedback, which I think I would like.

But, I haven't toucbed either one yet...

We are polar opposites. I have had nothing but good experiences with Moto products (phones, BT earpieces, 2-way radios, etc.). Next phone is almost definitely going to be a Moto (Droid X).
    06-22-10 08:23 AM
    Motorola makes good products. Their phones are always durable and built to last.
    That said, the Droid X will be way better than the captivate. I don't like the Captivate's look. It resembles the Storm 2 too much.
    06-22-10 08:50 AM
    I could scream right now. I really could. I have accounts with AT&T and Verizon so I can get either one of these phones.
    I'm leaning towards the Captivate though.
    I have had very good luck with Samsung phones so that's 1 for the Galaxy S. I had a Blackjack and then a Blackjack 2 that I really loved. I had absolutely no problems whatsoever from these phones. The only reason I upgraded was because I wanted something new.
    On the other hand I also had a Motorola Krave that was ok except for the week when it became possessed by Satan. It kept dialing phone numbers and gibberish non-stop. And when it wasn't trying to phone home to God knows who/what it was opening the messaging app on its own like it was trying to send text messages from ****. Or maybe Darth Vader was trying to get me to join the dark side... It did that for a week and then it never did it again. +2 for Samsung
    The Droid X has a custom skin running on top of Android (No not MotoSuck thank God) That customized skin is gonna delay any Android updates because the software sitting on top of Android is gonna have to be updated first.
    The AT&T is running TouchWiz (3.0?) so once again Android updates may be delayed because TouchWiz will have to be updated every time Samsung releases an Android update. That one's A tie.
    Last edited by myotherbrotherdarrell; 07-09-10 at 05:07 PM.
    07-09-10 05:05 PM
    I just found out about the Samsung captivate on ATT acouple of days ago and was excited to hear that they were finally getting a good android phone. I was looking into the iP4, but with the issues have been holding off. I'm tired of my Bold and am able to upgrade and there is no way I'm waiting for the "rumoured" November release date for the 9800. Plus, OS6 doesn't look all that impressive to me

I do like some of the things I've seen about the Captivate. I do wonder about battery life, but if I can get an extened battry I'll be all good.

Also, I heard that android was working on a Netflix App like the iP4 will be getting soon. Another plus for me.

My one concern is, I heard that Samsung is pretty bad with support/updates for their phones. Can anyone vouch for this?

Anyways, I will be looking for a new phone soon and letting my BB go. Right now it's either the Captivate or the iP4. Not looking to wait 4 months(as rumour has it) for the 9800. Besides, I like the direct androids and iphones are going in more than RiM.

07-09-10 05:27 PM
    I got a question for pretty much every poster in here...

Do you guys do any research at all before replying?

Did you know the samsung hummingbird processor comes with a GPU nearly 20 times faster than in the Droid X and Droid 2?

The Droid X GPU - Processes 7-14 million triangles per second
    Samsung Galaxy S Series GPU - Processes 90 million triangles per second.

"Which Android model has the fastest GPU? It has got to be the Nexus One, right? Nope, guess again. Well, if it's not the N-One, it's certainly the DROID X. Double Nope. Oh, yeah, it has to be the HTC EVO 4G-after all, that handset walks on water. Triple Nope. The answer is the recently introduced Samsung Galaxy S. Thanks to the Hummingbird A8 chip, the Galaxy S can process 90 million triangles per second. To put that in perspective, the Nexus One can process 22 million triangles in that second while the DROID X can handle 7 million. Comparing the number to a non-Android handset, the iPhone 3GS can work on 28 million triangles per second. This means that Samsung's new Android device has a 1GHz ARM Cortex-A8 chip that is 3 times faster than the 1GHz Snapdragon that powers the N-One and the EVO 4G.

This gives the Galaxy S 36% of the video processing power of a PS3.

Add to this the Super AMOLED screen on the Samsung device, which is built to be very efficient to save power and battery life, and the Galaxy S is on a...ahem...Galaxy of its' own."
    07-09-10 05:31 PM
    Ah...well honestly, that won't be applicable to me. I won't be looking for beta versions of applications.
    i wouldnt be surprised if they removed google search and put yahoo search on this phone like they did with the backflip..
    07-09-10 05:46 PM

Did you know the samsung hummingbird processor comes with a GPU nearly 20 times faster than in the Droid X and Droid 2?

"Which Android model has the fastest GPU? It has got to be the Nexus One, right? Nope, guess again. Well, if it's not the N-One, it's certainly the DROID X. Double Nope. Oh, yeah, it has to be the HTC EVO 4G-after all, that handset walks on water. Triple Nope. The answer is the recently introduced Samsung Galaxy S. Thanks to the Hummingbird A8 chip, the Galaxy S can process 90 million triangles per second. To put that in perspective, the Nexus One can process 22 million triangles in that second while the DROID X can handle 7 million. Comparing the number to a non-Android handset, the iPhone 3GS can work on 28 million triangles per second. This means that Samsung's new Android device has a 1GHz ARM Cortex-A8 chip that is 3 times faster than the 1GHz Snapdragon that powers the N-One and the EVO 4G.

Add to this the Super AMOLED screen on the Samsung device, which is built to be very efficient to save power and battery life, and the Galaxy S is on a...ahem...Galaxy of its' own."
    To answer your question, No, a lot of people do no research. That's why people like you come in an makes posts like these to help them get out of their delusional state.

I have done my research and out of all of them, the Galaxy S has superior hardware. But the question is, will you buy a Samsung device. I have heard horror stories about them, and the way they let people down by telling them they will have X update and never provide it. This is why I am still waiting on more info about the Droid Pro.

I would actually prefer vanilla Android anyways.
    07-09-10 05:51 PM
    Whichever phone I get to replace my Storm is not going to be made on an impulse like the Storm was. I'm going to go to a big Verizon store, that has all of the phones I'm interested in, plugged in and ready to be tinkered with. I intend to ask a lot of questions and make sure I am getting the best phone to fit my needs.
    07-09-10 06:04 PM
    i wouldnt be surprised if they removed google search and put yahoo search on this phone like they did with the backflip..
    What is the point of that? Did they do that on the Aria too?

07-09-10 06:16 PM
    To answer your question, No, a lot of people do no research. That's why people like you come in an makes posts like these to help them get out of their delusional state.

I have done my research and out of all of them, the Galaxy S has superior hardware. But the question is, will you buy a Samsung device. I have heard horror stories about them, and the way they let people down by telling them they will have X update and never provide it. This is why I am still waiting on more info about the Droid Pro.

I would actually prefer vanilla Android anyways.
    eh I've heard horror stories about every single device. none worse than the storm though. LMAO! To be honest, Samsung purposely saves the best hardware they develop for them selves and the average to sub par hardware they make, gets branded by other companies. I really don't like the UI of the launcher though :/ thats the only sad thing. Sense UI imo still has the best overlay with keyboard/dailer/word prediction/etc. Its too bad that all of that comes at a price

And too bad they went with snap dragon processors instead of omap arm8 cortex like moto/samsung/iLosers.
    07-09-10 06:54 PM
    So what if they do? Go into the browser. Go to Google. Add a bookmark for google. Go back to the desktop and create a shortcut to it. It won't be as big as the regular Google widget but it will be there...
    07-09-10 07:20 PM
    eh I've heard horror stories about every single device. none worse than the storm though. LMAO! To be honest, Samsung purposely saves the best hardware they develop for them selves and the average to sub par hardware they make, gets branded by other companies. I really don't like the UI of the launcher though :/ thats the only sad thing. Sense UI imo still has the best overlay with keyboard/dailer/word prediction/etc. Its too bad that all of that comes at a price

And too bad they went with snap dragon processors instead of omap arm8 cortex like moto/samsung/iLosers.
    At least you can throw LauncherPro on it and it so it looks vanilla. Hopefully a decent dev team makes some fresh ROMs for it.
    07-09-10 08:10 PM

Yeah I did reasearch the triangles per second on the galaxy, and I wondered how many the x processed. But the x frame rate per second was higher, so how does that translate? I posted a lot of stuff comparing the two phones. I will look for the bench mark tests. The galaxy is a nice phone.
    I was honestly considering it. Or shall I say VZ's version the fascinate.
    The fascinate is slated for an august release date. Also VZ's version seems to be more tied into bing.
    It will be a sweet device; I don't think u can go wrong with it.
    Last edited by TrendyProfessional1; 07-10-10 at 09:51 AM.
    07-10-10 09:47 AM
    I just read that this phone may not have a flash for the camera.

If not, that would be lame.

07-10-10 09:54 AM
107 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD