Well Verizon got the Ipad today so from what I am reading the IPhone will be one of the first 4g devices this year. I am sure there will be some android and blackberry devices also. Apple has had enough of Att's reception issues plus sales will go thru the roof. This is the reason Verizon stayed CDMA its a better technology than GSM .
    10-14-10 09:35 AM
    Well Verizon got the Ipad today so from what I am reading the IPhone will be one of the first 4g devices this year. I am sure there will be some android and blackberry devices also. Apple has had enough of Att's reception issues plus sales will go thru the roof. This is the reason Verizon stayed CDMA its a better technology than GSM .
    Nope the I*hone will be 3g at launch in the first quarter of 2011. Then mid 2011 a gsm/cdma version will be released. And a lte I*hone will come in 2012

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-10 10:18 AM
    This is the reason Verizon stayed CDMA its a better technology than GSM .
    Meh I really wouldn't say that. If AT&T invested more money into their network earlier they wouldn't of had those problems. Remember AT&T use to always get the best phones (and still do for the most part), mostly because GSM is the world standard, but they always made sure they had the best lineup. Even Sprint had better phones than VZW at one point. VZW was just always investing in their network. At the end of 2008 was the first time I saw devices on VZW that actually caught my eye. They always had all the dumbphones though.

My AT&T coverage and data speeds were outstanding and I enjoyed HSPA more than Rev A. CDMA does have better call quality. If VZW switched to Rev B. early on it would have been a different story. Also, LTE is part of GSM technology. I really wouldn't call CDMA better.
    10-14-10 10:21 AM
    Nope the I*hone will be 3g at launch in the first quarter of 2011. Then mid 2011 a gsm/cdma version will be released. And a lte I*hone will come in 2012

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's also what I read somewhere. 3G VZW iPhone early 2011, iPhone 5 with both GSM/CDMA and then in 2012 iPhone 6 will have LTE... Would be nicer if they pushed out an LTE iPhone earlier. That would make all of the competition push out LTE phones as well. We all know that if the competition puts out LTE, that wont make Apple do it. They release things when they feel like it.
    10-14-10 10:25 AM
    10-14-10 12:10 PM
    thinking about it for the future =/
    you might have to change your cool avatar though...
    10-14-10 12:23 PM
    Wow's that's huge. Looks like it's finally going to happen. You can be assured AT&T is crapping their pants over this one. Personally I don't like either carrier, but if a version of the iPhone ever came to T-Mobile I would probably be tempted to go bandwagon.
    10-16-10 12:21 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD