Rumor: Verizon’s Motorola “Droid T2″ to be the world’s first Android Gingerbread phone � Unwired View

Last year, Motorola was the first to launch an Android phone with version 2.0 on-board in the US (the Verizon Droid). This year, Moto and Verizon have already introduced two new Droids (the Droid X and the Droid 2), and it seems that we should expect yet another one to come for the holiday season.

According to AndroidAndMe (which reportedly gathered all this info from various sources), a new Motorola Droid is indeed expected to hit Verizon before the end of 2010.

It’s said that the new Droid – called Droid T2 at the moment – will be the world’s first to run Android Gingerbread (which apparently is version 2.5, not 3.0; 3.0 may be dubbed Honeycomb).

Furthermore, it will be the first Android handset based on Nvidia’s dual-core Tegra 2 platform, as well as the first to feature full HD (1080p) video. This Droid T2 might be that 2GHz Moto smartphone that Sanjay Jha was talking about back in January (it won’t have a 2GHz CPU, but a dual-core 1GHz one – kind of he same thing).
    Last edited by 67Tucker; 09-23-10 at 05:49 AM.
    09-23-10 05:27 AM
    This Droid T2 might be that 2GHz Moto smartphone that Sanjay Jha was talking about back in January (it won�t have a 2GHz CPU, but a dual-core 1GHz one � kind of (t)he same thing).
    No it's not...

So you passed the same math class as Sanjay?
    09-23-10 05:41 AM
    No it's not...

So you passed the same math class as Sanjay?
    Not me, I just quoted the blog...
    09-23-10 05:48 AM
    Not me, I just quoted the blog...
    Oh, OK. You have my respect again then.

I thought you subscribed to "Lexus math", where they say the RX400h hybrid has 400 horsepower because they add the power of the gas and electric motors.
    09-23-10 05:51 AM

I thought you subscribed to "Lexus math", where they say the RX400h hybrid has 400 horsepower because they add the power of the gas and electric motors.
    LOL I had brought that up to the dealer the other day too....
    09-23-10 08:55 AM
    Rumor: Verizon�s Motorola �Droid T2″ to be the world�s first Android Gingerbread phone � Unwired View

Last year, Motorola was the first to launch an Android phone with version 2.0 on-board in the US (the Verizon Droid). This year, Moto and Verizon have already introduced two new Droids (the Droid X and the Droid 2), and it seems that we should expect yet another one to come for the holiday season.

According to AndroidAndMe (which reportedly gathered all this info from various sources), a new Motorola Droid is indeed expected to hit Verizon before the end of 2010.

It�s said that the new Droid � called Droid T2 at the moment � will be the world�s first to run Android Gingerbread (which apparently is version 2.5, not 3.0; 3.0 may be dubbed Honeycomb).

Furthermore, it will be the first Android handset based on Nvidia�s dual-core Tegra 2 platform, as well as the first to feature full HD (1080p) video. This Droid T2 might be that 2GHz Moto smartphone that Sanjay Jha was talking about back in January (it won�t have a 2GHz CPU, but a dual-core 1GHz one � kind of he same thing).

All these faster CPU's & GPU's are all well & good but personally, I'm more anxious to see some new battery technology. I couldn't even fathom running a 2GHz CPU on these measly batterys that our devices come with.
    09-23-10 09:13 AM
    All these faster CPU's & GPU's are all well & good but personally, I'm more anxious to see some new battery technology. I couldn't even fathom running a 2GHz CPU on these measly batterys that our devices come with.
    It will not be a 2.0ghz phone. It will be a twin 1Gig phone. the same as the MyTouch HD that is coming to T-Mobile in the fall.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 09:31 AM
    It will not be a 2.0ghz phone. It will be a twin 1Gig phone. the same as the MyTouch HD that is coming to T-Mobile in the fall.

Even so, it would be great if they made the same rapid advancements in battery conservation as they are in processing speed...
    09-23-10 09:50 AM
    LOL dual core 1GHz doesn't equal 2GHz. The one advantage of dual cores is that you can clock it lower (say 700MHz) and it would run like the current 1GHz single core device because CPU processes are spread across more than one processor which will reduce lag. If you've played with an HTC Desire or EVO 4G or Samsung Galaxy S and notice almost no lag, well a lower Hz dual core can compare in performance. And hopefully it should help battery life more.
    09-23-10 10:36 AM

Thing probably has 90 whp on the dyno

09-23-10 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD