Where can I learn how to root my D2. I'm new to the D2 but wanting to learn this stuff. What are the pro's an con's of rooting. I've only had my D2 maybe 2 weeks and love it so far. The only thing that I've notice is after a while it does run slow and the screen takes a few to come up and when I try to restart my phone it doesn't want to restart so I have to take the battery out to restart it
    11-27-10 01:31 PM
    For some good rooting info and custom ROMs head over to XDA developers those guys are on top of it....

Here's a link to get you started......

How to root the Droid 2 - xda-developers
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-27-10 at 01:46 PM.
    11-27-10 01:40 PM
    Yep, xda has a one click root method for the Droid2. RyanZA has posted the Z4root app over on xda and it is also free in the market. Just be sure you download the correct Z4root program, avoid the one with all the Chinese(?) characters and download the one from RyanZA.
    11-27-10 01:47 PM
    I also vote xda. That place is really helpful. Just spend the time to read.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 02:37 PM
    XDA, cyanogen, the unlockr are all good sites the unlockr will have the most information on the rooting process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 08:26 PM
    Thank you all very much. This is the site I learn all the stuff I did for my blackberry until I went to the D2
    11-27-10 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD