My unfortunate accident:

09-15-11 04:11 PM
    Aw that sucks. RIP.

A couple months ago my friend played a joke on me and my iPhone 4 wasn't in a case and I was startled and basically threw my phone. It went up in the air about 2 feet (I'm 5'10 so about 7'10 in the air) and then bounced on the floor and rolled a couple of times. My heart stopped real quick because the entire device is glass so I thought I was ****ed. I lucked out and only have a scratch on the back, a few scratches on the antenna and the back bottom left corner of the device is scuffed. I considered it a miracle lol.
    09-15-11 04:24 PM
    that was ********
    09-15-11 08:04 PM
    Oh no! RIP
    09-15-11 09:56 PM
    Dang. Hope that doesn't happen to mine...I have dropped it about 4 times now.
    09-15-11 10:50 PM
    Aw that sucks. RIP.

A couple months ago my friend played a joke on me and my iPhone 4 wasn't in a case and I was startled and basically threw my phone. It went up in the air about 2 feet (I'm 5'10 so about 7'10 in the air) and then bounced on the floor and rolled a couple of times. My heart stopped real quick because the entire device is glass so I thought I was ****ed. I lucked out and only have a scratch on the back, a few scratches on the antenna and the back bottom left corner of the device is scuffed. I considered it a miracle lol.
    OMG!!! I would've throttled any friend after that. Mine only fell from about 3-4 feet, but I went down hard after I tripped, and the phone flew out of my hand so I could brace myself for the impact. It landed RIGHT on the screen. I already received the TPU case I bought on ebay on Tuesday and slapped that sucker right on my new device.

that was ********
    If you're referring to me walking on concrete without a case for my phone, yes, that was ********. It was ******** of me to think that just because I've had excellent luck with my smartphones thus far that I was exempt from having an accident. Hence why I made the video. At least I hope that's what you were referring to.
    09-16-11 10:38 AM
    Sorry. Next time get a case that has the screen so it's not sticking out. I hope you got insurance.
    09-16-11 11:40 AM
    I think I'll either put my dying Droid out of its misery, or sell it to someone who'd be willing to resuscitate it

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    09-16-11 01:07 PM
    I actually just cancelled my insurance two months ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-11 01:57 PM
    Sorry. Next time get a case that has the screen so it's not sticking out. I hope you got insurance.
    Haha, you should watch my video. I stressed the importance of getting both a case and insurance.

I actually just cancelled my insurance two months ago.

Get it back!!! I can't stress enough how much it saved my ****, after years of not having it.
    09-16-11 02:52 PM
    Haha, you should watch my video. I stressed the importance of getting both a case and insurance.

Get it back!!! I can't stress enough how much it saved my ****, after years of not having it.
    Will I be insurable, if I'm rooted? That's the only thing preventing me from buying such things, I do many things outside of standard protocol.
    09-16-11 03:02 PM
    Will I be insurable, if I'm rooted? That's the only thing preventing me from buying such things, I do many things outside of standard protocol.
    The way I understand it, it only voids the factory warranty if you root, BUT most of the time the carrier can't tell anyway. You will always be insurable from things like damage, loss, and theft.
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-16-11 03:32 PM
    Asurion doesn't care about rooting or whatever. If you break it/lose it/whatever, they'll replace it.
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-16-11 04:14 PM
    Yea you will. Just flash it back to stock and remove the custom recovery (only stock recovery) and you're good.

If you don't want to take any chances (even though I have returned devices that were rooted, my first Droid's slider was ****ty and I returned it), you can just say you lost it. I mean, it's not the right thing to do and is one of the reasons ETFs went up, but it is doable.
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-16-11 04:23 PM
    Yea you will. Just flash it back to stock and remove the custom recovery (only stock recovery) and you're good.

If you don't want to take any chances (even though I have returned devices that were rooted, my first Droid's slider was ****ty and I returned it), you can just say you lost it. I mean, it's not the right thing to do and is one of the reasons ETFs went up, but it is doable.
    That wouldn't be worth paying the hefty deductable, though. I've gotten many warranty replacements for hardware and software issues, and it's really not that big of a deal if they've been rooted or not. I think it only matters if something goes wrong during the rooting process that you can't fix yourself. Then you can't take it in for a warranty replacement.
    09-17-11 10:11 AM
    I have an extended warranty. I recommend having some type of coverage, especially with how expensive the phones are. You drop the Thunderbolt or something happens to it and it is out of warranty.........that's expensive to replace.
    09-17-11 05:35 PM
    My unfortunate accident:

Dood get u a Trident brand case or Otterbox! I would rather deal with a bulky handset than a broken one!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    09-17-11 07:28 PM
    Dam this makes me want to put my Otterbox back on my mytouch. I really can't stand the bulkiness when its on, hence it being off right now, but I think I shall put it back on now, lol!

Sorry about your phone. I just had to do a warranty exchange on mine due to a bad screen/back key.

09-17-11 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD