Boy genius report showing Feb. 14 it is available for purchase.

We look and listen to RIM and see tumbleweeds and hear the chirp of crickets....

Another advanced touch screen fills the void RIM leaves

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-11 09:52 AM
    I have been a faithful RIM customer since about 2003 or when ever the big blue Blackberry came out. I sure hope they show up at MWC on Feb 14th and release some details about the Monaco/Montana Storm 3 or whatever they are going to call it. Otherwise I might consider the Motorola Atrix. I was down in Vegas last weekend and everyone has these fancy Android devices and snapping pics of the UFC etc. I cant get a decent shot with my 9700. Everything is blurry etc. BBM and the email system is the only thing that has kept me on BB. Same goes for the plane ride. The satellite is down and everyone is playing games or watching movies on their phones that I can see. I am trying to set a new record on brick breaker. Woo hoo.
    02-08-11 01:20 PM
    Go play games. We'll be here banging out some serious sheeeot on our BB's. I left for Android, but came back. Nothing beats a BB for communication. What does this have to do with the Monaco?

BayouBengal21 likes this.
    02-08-11 03:03 PM
    02-08-11 03:23 PM
    Ok - this still has nothing to do with the Monaco. -- yawn --

02-08-11 04:37 PM
    Ok - this still has nothing to do with the Monaco. -- yawn --

Yeah...... woop-de-doo!
    BayouBengal21 likes this.
    02-09-11 01:07 AM
    I'm sure RIM has run back to the drawing board to try to beat the Echo, too... I hear the battery will last until lunch time... if you eat early...
    02-09-11 01:18 AM
    The post was meant for objective forum followers anyway, not the bb fanbois that given RIM a free pass to be as far behind ad they want, quit innovating and basically enable them to be a third rate company that isLosing market share.

Thanks for lowering the bar; with lowered expectations RIM has happily plopped into their collective easy chair and say "ka Sara Sara" instead of fighting to regain the lead. Happy to be mediocre I guess.

02-09-11 06:12 AM
    We have known about the thunderbolt for weeks now. We have known RIMs phone roadmap for weeks. How is this introducing anything new for discussion?

02-09-11 06:25 AM
    Rim's been ahead for 6. Stop crying about it.

02-09-11 06:37 AM
    The post was meant for objective forum followers anyway, not the bb fanbois that given RIM a free pass to be as far behind ad they want, quit innovating and basically enable them to be a third rate company that isLosing market share.

Thanks for lowering the bar; with lowered expectations RIM has happily plopped into their collective easy chair and say "ka Sara Sara" instead of fighting to regain the lead. Happy to be mediocre I guess.

Nothing is ever enough for you guys. Its not enough that the upcoming devices will have equal or better specs than anything on the market right now. But wait dual core is on its way out which will make the 1.2ghz processors in upcoming devices obsolete. They will be paperweights at best!!! OMG Ive got to go get a droid now!!!!! Please god no! Dont let my phone not have the best processor on the market! Even though all it does it contribute to killing the battery! We have been there and done that with Android, check it out, maybe you will love it like the others who dont really care about productivity and just want the latest toy.
    02-09-11 07:10 AM
    You should see the circus over at Android Central surrounding the Thunderbolt! It's funny! Here's a poll from AC in the TB section. Interesting results so far.

BlackBerry ----> Thunderbolt Poll

Also, check out AC if you want to discuss Android phones. You'll get flamed here for doing so. You can't say anything negative about RIM anymore.

I'm going to Thunderbolt also. I hope it releases this month!

Last edited by chrisy520; 02-09-11 at 07:35 AM.
    02-09-11 07:31 AM
    Nothing is ever enough for you guys. Its not enough that the upcoming devices will have equal or better specs than anything on the market right now. But wait dual core is on its way out which will make the 1.2ghz processors in upcoming devices obsolete. They will be paperweights at best!!! OMG Ive got to go get a droid now!!!!! Please god no! Dont let my phone not have the best processor on the market! Even though all it does it contribute to killing the battery! We have been there and done that with Android, check it out, maybe you will love it like the others who dont really care about productivity and just want the latest toy.
    So I take it when BlackBerry (finally) does come out with QNX, dual core touch screen, FFC devices you won't be getting one? I can't see your device but I assume it's not older than 2 years.

Seems a lot of folks bashing the new "other platform" phones are eagerly awaiting the newest BlackBerry phones with 6.1 that they hope is QNX compatible. You bash the features of the iPhone/Android yet want them on the BlackBerry.

I was waiting for the "Storm 3" for a long time too. If it was released this month, I'd get it. I'd rather stay BlackBerry. But a QNX or even a nice touch screen 6.1 BlackBerry won't be out for at least 6 months, probably more. I'll be sure to check BlackBerry out in 2013. But they *are dragging right now.

Last edited by chrisy520; 02-09-11 at 07:53 AM.
    corymcnutt likes this.
    02-09-11 07:46 AM
    This thread may be a better fit in our Android section.
    02-09-11 08:08 AM
    Thank you, pk!

02-09-11 08:12 AM
    Seems a lot of folks bashing the new "other platform" phones are eagerly awaiting the newest BlackBerry phones with 6.1 that they hope is QNX compatible. You bash the features of the iPhone/Android yet want them on the BlackBerry.
    Yea that's the funniest thing..heaven forbid anyone call on RIM to produce a better product..because "Lolz ima bee productive on my BB..I don't need flashy yo"

As soon as they finally release some nicely spec'd phones..everyone's all "Whatcha gotta say now haterz! RIM is the shiznit..look at all the juicy goodness!"

They are nice phones..but get them to the effing table NOW! Who gives a fcuk how good they are if they won't be released for 6 months? At least with any other phone company they release a rumour'd phone and then generally on the table with it in 3-4 months..not 6-8. Good god look at the Playbook. They've been hyping this thing since SEPTEMBER, meanwhile Motorola will have an equally spec'd device out (not saying it's going to be better) probably before RIM..and we didn't even hear about that til a few months ago. And the new iPad is rumoured to be in production already as well.

RIM needs to stop laying these bread crumbs for everyone to nibble on while they're starving and just give them the damn sandwich already.
    Chris2183 and alby4ever like this.
    02-09-11 08:25 AM
    Yea that's the funniest thing..heaven forbid anyone call on RIM to produce a better product..because "Lolz ima bee productive on my BB..I don't need flashy yo"

As soon as they finally release some nicely spec'd phones..everyone's all "Whatcha gotta say now haterz! RIM is the shiznit..look at all the juicy goodness!
    Yessir, they want their cake and eat it too. They just don't realize the multitudes of customers accepting 2nd best over the last couple of years has allowed RIM to slip to that very category; water seeks its own level.

. They've been hyping this thing since SEPTEMBER, meanwhile Motorola will have an equally spec'd device out (not saying it's going to be better) probably before RIM..and we didn't even hear about that til a few months ago. And the new iPad is rumoured to be in production already as well.

RIM needs to stop laying these bread crumbs for everyone to nibble on while they're starving and just give them the damn sandwich already
    The only reason at this point the playbook will be a contender against the xoom is that those idiots at Motorola have priced themselves out of at least half the consumer base. $900+? Holy cow. As for the breadcrumbs remark, well, nice anology, except the numbers show customers haven't been hanging around waiting for them; the have been going next door to buy a sandwich that is being made.

02-09-11 08:35 AM
    Forum Troll here:

My 2 1/2 year old Curve 8330 has been the best phone I've ever owned in regards to communication, reliability, battery life, useful apps, and decent call quality. However it's been locking up, hour glassing for no reason, push emails have been coming in very slowly, I do battery pulls every day or two. A reformat would probably remedy a lot of these issues but I think it's time to upgrade. Unfortunately RIM has devoted all their resources to the playbook (which I have stated is going to be a big fail), which has resulted in a lackluster handset lineup. What am I suppose to upgrade my Curve to? A BB bold 9650 with 2 year old components (processor, camera, screen size) with a fluffy OS 6 or a troublesome dated Storm 2? These new BBs Sedona, Montana or whatever look nice on paper, but RIM made a mistake of leaving a huge gap between model refreshes. Everyone and their mamas is moving over to Android or iPhone. Part of the reason is RIM's dated lackluster handset lineup.

Now don't get me wrong, BB is still the king of communicating for now, but the way we communicate (facebook postings, facebook messaging, IM, twitter, camera pictures (they do convey information), video, video chat) is changing rapidly. It doesn't help that my once long list of BBM contacts has dwindled down to a select few. In other words, BB's advantage (email push, BBM, best keyboards) are becoming slimmer advantages and less of a deciding factor for me and probably a bunch of others.

I've decided to pull the trigger and get an VZW iPhone simply because RIM no longer is an option. I was torn between a sleek Android phone and the iPhone. If RIM does step up their sad handset game, then maybe I'll revisit them sometime in the future, but I really don't see RIM recovering much of their lost market share due to poor product design and product managing.
    mrro82 and alby4ever like this.
    02-09-11 01:12 PM
    Awesome post! Would hit thanks if I could, lol!

Chrissy, move on...you broke that record 100 some odd posts ago...

What gets me is you keep coming back here to post and is about time more RIM fans start to stick up for their company. I mean ****, it was almost AC here...bout' time I see more BB support!

Now kindly move along, since you seem so ready...yet, keep posting here.

Itzdatdude likes this.
    02-09-11 04:11 PM
    I guess I should have read page 2 as well...back to AC it is, lol!

02-09-11 04:14 PM

What gets me is you keep coming back here to post and is about time more RIM fans start to stick up for their company. I mean ****, it was almost AC here...bout' time I see more BB support!

Stick up for what? RIM is making it harder and harder to defend their devices. They have NOTHING coming out in the next two months that can even remotely compete with the other new phones; even the Monaco that may come out in September is already dated by todays new Android phones...and still no LTE. I'm sorry, but there is nothing for me to defend any longer.
    mrro82 and alby4ever like this.
    02-09-11 04:42 PM
    Doesn't your 9700 support Wifi? Simply load up the non-wap site and hit thanks. Or is that a PITA?
    alby4ever likes this.
    02-09-11 05:36 PM
    why do you have to have wifi, RIM compresses the data so 3G should work right?

Posted from my full featured browser on my Incredible.
    02-09-11 05:50 PM
    not to seem like a troll but

@ the last 2 responses

I'm tickled
    howarmat likes this.
    02-09-11 05:53 PM

I'm posting in the Android section. Why are you here?

howarmat likes this.
    02-09-11 06:30 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD