It's just so funny that all these bashers can say that these android pda's seem more like toys. I bet with the outage of data services for 8 hours anyone that needed their emails via pda, would have loved to own one of these toys that didn't have a problem with data or emails. I am a former storm owner, had the tour for a few weeks also, had problems with each within weeks. I've had my Eris for over a month now and now problems at all. I sure don't miss the battery pulls, the memory leaks ect. Especially the cooking of a new os that is supposed to fix two bugs but creates 30 more.
    12-23-09 07:11 AM
    Might want to update your profile. Says you have a Storm 9350....
    12-23-09 07:13 AM
    Ahh, Yester18 doesn't like your profile....
    12-23-09 07:15 AM
    LOL......

I actually got allot done last night) Finished shopping, and it was relaxing
    12-23-09 07:17 AM
    My favorite part is when people say they'd be out of a job if they had the "e-mail problems" of an Android.

Oh, no e-mail yesterday? Twice this week? Wonder if they're out of a job
    12-23-09 07:20 AM
    LOL......

I actually got allot done last night) Finished shopping, and it was relaxing

Lucky I got done on Black Friday. I had to punch a few Walmart works but i got everything i needed
    12-23-09 07:41 AM
    Yeah I did update right after the post...and yes I saw it in the news this morning before coming on here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 11:01 AM
    My favorite part is when people say they'd be out of a job if they had the "e-mail problems" of an Android.

Oh, no e-mail yesterday? Twice this week? Wonder if they're out of a job

lol blackberry email goes down at least 40 or 50 times a year. sometimes for short periods sometimes for longer periods, so the people that say that are blind or iberry fanboi's

i dont think android has ever had an email outage.
    12-23-09 12:52 PM
    ...i dont think android has ever had an email outage.
    no, but Gmail has. But for me it has been less than what RIM has.
    12-23-09 01:09 PM
    That outage has me debating about a Droid now. I must admit, the homescreens on that nice hi-res screen are absolutely gorgeous. I'm being seduced by that big flip clock and the weather layout underneath it. But I've played with a Droid before, and I've got a few complaints about the actual physical hardware, and it's keeping me from pulling the trigger. Directional pad, keyboard and multi-touch, two of them are garbage and the last one it's unbelievable the Droid doesn't have that. Anyways, my loyalty to RIM isn't that strong, so if I could be talked into the switch, I would do it. These BIS outages are kind of BS. I get all the security provisions, but something the wants to pride a repuation of consistently reliable needs to not consistent crash the servers.

12-23-09 01:39 PM
    lol blackberry email goes down at least 40 or 50 times a year. sometimes for short periods sometimes for longer periods, so the people that say that are blind or iberry fanboi's

i dont think android has ever had an email outage.
    That's because Android or ANY other Smartphone OS (except for BB) can't have outages. The only way you'll have an outage for your email on these smartphones is if the email provider is down for any reason, then it's that email providers/host issue, not the phones or the carriers. Something to think about...
    12-23-09 04:01 PM
    That's because Android or ANY other Smartphone OS (except for BB) can't have outages. The only way you'll have an outage for your email on these smartphones is if the email provider is down for any reason, then it's that email providers/host issue, not the phones or the carriers. Something to think about...
    Gmail has gone down before. Who cares who is to blame, the outcome is the same, no email. Man, the Droid has created a whole group of botboys that put the iphone fanboys to shame. Same people who were worshiping blackberry two months ago, act like Android is without its own issues.
    12-23-09 04:53 PM
    Gmail has had its own issues. Android fanboys assemble. BashBerry time!

12-23-09 05:01 PM
    Man, I have a blackberry because of work. I just don't get Blackberry love, to me, at least, unless you work for a large, company with a far-flung, mobile work/sales force where you are constantly transferring lots of data (Blackberry messenger), and much of it is very sensitive, service provider aside, I see no reason why a consmuer would choose a blackberry over an iPhone or a Droid other than price (since RIM is partically giving away the Curve in order to keep up market share.

The blackberry browser is crappy, Opera mini is a bit better but no great shakes, RIM offers partically no apps, really, unless you are a heavy message user or unless your office operates a BES, I can see no real reason why any single consumer would choose a Blackberry over it's competitors.

Although our office operates of BES, more and more people are migrating away from Blackberries and buying iPhones and Droids, VPN'ing in to check their email, calendar, contacts. Blackberries are kind of useless for our office, since we are attorneys and all we need to do is check email and the calendar. Also, the clowns that run the nationwide BES, when I synched my Tour, it embedded some nasty encryption key that keeps me from using, downloading or deleting any apps. Despite a complete wipe, the "incorrect encryption key" as it says in the firewall, stays, screwing up even the most benign apps. Of course, the BES jokers deny it, saying back is really blue and white is really red.

Anyway, our office's BES clowns aside, Blackberry kind of reminds me of its fellow Canadians, the band Rush. Awesome back in the day but not exactly pushing the envelope anymore, keeps on going due to its legions of older fans, but it's exactly attracting tons new fans or creating any real buzz. Sooner rather than later, Blackberries are going to be cosigned as 00's trivia -- "Hey, remember the aught's? War Blogs, Y2K, World of Warcraft, Blackberries ..."
    12-23-09 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD