So not the one that started thread link at the beginning.... ?? Whole thread is now become wasted error.... ;-(
    Not sure I understand, but yeah, go with that.
    08-27-19 08:15 AM
    Not sure I understand, but yeah, go with that.
    All the review prototypes are pre-changes due to BB threatened legal actions. No longer the same features or size now.
    Platinum_2 likes this.
    08-27-19 08:18 AM
    All the review prototypes are pre-changes due to BB threatened legal actions. No longer the same features or size now.
    I get that. But, presumably some type of Titan device with a PKB will at some point, make it to market in some way, shape or form. I simply would like to see CB review the device when that happens.
    08-27-19 08:24 AM
    I understand the shots you're taking.
    It has had a couple of tweaks, but not enough that a review would be unhelpful.
    I am not a backer, but it does spark my interest.
    shadowcalling likes this.
    08-27-19 08:24 AM
    I get that. But, presumably some type of Titan device with a PKB will at some point, make it to market in some way, shape or form. I simply would like to see CB review the device when that happens.
    I agree but I don’t think it will taken seriously because the conspiracy theorists won’t think it’s objectively honest. CB has been neutral posting about the device even though it’s not a BB device.
    08-27-19 08:26 AM
    I agree but I don’t think it will taken seriously because the conspiracy theorists won’t think it’s objectively honest. CB has been neutral posting about the device even though it’s not a BB device.
    It may not be taken seriously. I understand this is a BlackBerry fan site, but there isn't much to talk about these days on that front. Might as well look to the future. That future, if there is one, is likely a PKB device sans the BlackBerry logo.
    08-27-19 08:33 AM
    I understand the shots you're taking.
    It has had a couple of tweaks, but not enough that a review would be unhelpful.
    I am not a backer, but it does spark my interest.
    I’m not a backer and that’s because I think it’s questionable build quality for the price. I own practically every BlackBerry since 7200 series and I’ve never sold a single device. I’m also not a collector that displays them. Titan reminds me of an 8700 in look, size and weight, just running Android instead of the BBOS from my youth..
    08-27-19 08:34 AM
    It may not be taken seriously. But, that doesn't mean CB and others should not review it. I understand this is a BlackBerry fan site, but there isn't much to talk about these days on that front. Might as well look to the future. That future, if there is one, is likely a PKB device sans the BlackBerry logo.
    I agree wholeheartedly and I expect it will get reviewed. I just don’t expect anyone to believe the reviews to be fair and honest. For me the future won’t include PKB hardware without BB or even Palm logo. I don’t need antiquated hardware not vetted and sold by my carrier. They’re just phones at that point.
    08-27-19 08:43 AM
    It's not trying to pass it's self off as a "premium" phone....

"I feel like the price has to be right for someone. Unihertz says the Titan is aimed at “working professionals, outdoor enthusiasts, and QWERTY lovers.” I’m not quite sure its appeal is that broad, given the serious caveats mentioned above. But if you tick all three boxes, it could well be worth thinking about."
    I tick all those boxes. What about this phone is supposed to appeal to an outdoor enthusiast?
    08-27-19 08:54 AM
    I tick all those boxes. What about this phone is supposed to appeal to an outdoor enthusiast?
    Waterproof and Rugged.... can be used as a sled?
    shadowcalling and TgeekB like this.
    08-27-19 09:05 AM
    Waterproof and Rugged.... can be used as a sled?
    Not to mention walkie talkie mode
    08-27-19 09:15 AM
    Not to mention walkie talkie mode
    Does that work, device to device? Or is it still dependent on a network connection?
    08-27-19 09:34 AM
    Its heavy enough to stun a bear if you throw it at one.
    shadowcalling likes this.
    08-27-19 09:45 AM
    Its heavy enough to stun a bear if you throw it at one.
    Like the old Eveready battery commercials. Put it on your shoulder and dare someone to knock it off with AR or AK from 10 yards out....
    08-27-19 01:32 PM
    Maybe LG will try it since they are trying anything to get people to buy their phones.
    I checked with LG, and this is what they said:

howarmat likes this.
    08-27-19 06:07 PM
    I have zero plans to get one of these phones. I was surprised the article had such a positive spin on the phone.

Personally I see the Titan as something like a Frankenphone. But I see how some might find it useful.
    But Al Franken is no longer a senator, but it did fit his earlier job as roving satellite reporter with the massive cell 1 on his head and shoulders.
    https://media.zenfs.com/en-US/video/...Al_Franken.png
    There's an SNL video of Al Franken roving satellite reporter somewhere out there.
    08-27-19 10:59 PM
    it's not a blackberry. That's why.
    shocking ! !
    08-28-19 12:31 PM
    CB needs to get their hands on this device and do a review.
    We have a couple on order, so whatever they ship as their final product will be looked at.

Don't really care about the early reviews personally. That's what you do when you're running a Kickstarter. Hand it out and see what free press you can get out of it to help you sell the final product.

I just hope someone does a real tear-down on it and finds out where all the parts are sourced from.
    Mecca EL and gouger05 like this.
    08-28-19 01:19 PM
    We have a couple on order, so whatever they ship as their final product will be looked at.

Don't really care about the early reviews personally. That's what you do when you're running a Kickstarter. Hand it out and see what free press you can get out of it to help you sell the final product.

I just hope someone does a real tear-down on it and finds out where all the parts are sourced from.
    I'm almost certain that Zack will do a solid review and tear down, on his JerryRig show. Can't wait to see what you think, although the last time I took your advice, I bought a bridge in Brooklyn 🤔
    08-28-19 02:02 PM
    I'm almost certain that Zack will do a solid review and tear down, on his JerryRig show. Can't wait to see what you think, although the last time I took your advice, I bought a bridge in Brooklyn
    Look man.. that was a solid Bridge, what happened later on... I can't be held responsible for.
    08-28-19 02:03 PM
    Look man.. that was a solid Bridge, what happened later on... I can't be held responsible for.
    If y’all ever have interest, we’ve got some great deals on waterfront land here in Florida including historic wetlands...
    08-28-19 02:46 PM
    If y’all ever have interest, we’ve got some great deals on waterfront land here in Florida including historic wetlands...
    Stay away from purchasing Springs. Nestle is going suck those dry, and sell you back the water.
    08-28-19 04:17 PM
    Stay away from purchasing Springs. Nestle is going suck those dry, and sell you back the water.
    Zephyhills Water has been doing that far longer than anyone ever realizes...

LOL - the retention pond behind me was described as water view...
    08-28-19 04:21 PM
    Zephyhills Water has been doing that far longer than anyone ever realizes...

LOL - the retention pond behind me was described as water view...
    Maybe your view is the source of some of the water in spring fed pure H2o. Yum.
    08-28-19 04:49 PM
    Maybe your view is the source of some of the water in spring fed pure H2o. Yum.
    Well technically yes since they’re just 20 miles or so north of here...
    08-28-19 04:51 PM
50 12