Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I'm kinda tossed up on what to do. I've read some comparisons and I can't find anything in-depth between the 9630 and 9650 from actual users.

I don't know if I should use my upgrade for the 9650, or just go back to my 9630 and wait and hope that Sprint will have a new high end Blackberry by the end of this year I can use my upgrade on.

I was considering this option and also hope that in a few months, I can just go on craigslist and pick up a new 9650 for around say $300 and still keep my upgrade...

Previous 9630 users, please give me your over take on this phone...thank you...
    06-15-10 01:40 PM
    I needed/wanted wifi, but that's it. Trackball never gave me any problems and 256 was plenty for me. If you don't need wifi and your tb is fine, just keep your tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 01:46 PM
    Think of it this way though... unless something was releasing soon (which it doesn't look like) if you are a premier member you'd have an upgrade available in june of next year anyways...

If you wait 6 months to use your upgrade you already went through half of your upgrade period.
    06-15-10 01:47 PM
    I love the trackball...I never liked the trackpad...I don't care for wifi...but, other than those 2, is the hardware or processor different that can make the phone run smoother? Does it run smoother? Does it have the minor glitches of the 9630? Is it more stable???
    06-15-10 02:01 PM
    If you don't like the trackpad then you're stuck on the 9630 for eternity anyways...
    06-15-10 02:05 PM
    I love the trackball...I never liked the trackpad...I don't care for wifi...but, other than those 2, is the hardware or processor different that can make the phone run smoother? Does it run smoother? Does it have the minor glitches of the 9630? Is it more stable???
    i had an 8330 and tried the curve two with trackpad and didn't like it. then i bought the bold and didn't like the trackpad until i used it a few days. the trackpad is much better than the ball it just takes some getting used to. i still press the bb button sometimes when i think i'm pressing the trackpad. it will never be as easy to identify as the ball but it's really much better after a week or so. i went back to my 8330 last night to look at something and the trackball was sooooooooo slow and aggravating. loved it before i got the bold.
    06-15-10 02:12 PM
    I returned EVO and back to my 9630 and couldn't be happier as the old saying goes the grass is not always greener.
    06-15-10 02:31 PM
    Just reactivated my 9630...taking the Evo back to Best Buy tomorrow....I'm so excited...eventhough I've had this 9630 for a year already...
    06-15-10 03:59 PM
    I would keep the Tour for now, and use your upgrade to get either the Bold (or any future BB device) once OS6 comes out. I've read in the forums that you will need the additional memory for the OS to run smoothly.
    06-15-10 04:09 PM
    Just reactivated my 9630...taking the Evo back to Best Buy tomorrow....I'm so excited...eventhough I've had this 9630 for a year already...
    I did like the Android OS and have my eye on the Samsung S with no physical keyboard or see if the BB slider comes to Sprint. The size, weight and battery life on the EVO was annoying me.
    06-15-10 04:20 PM
    Here's what you should do:

Return the Evo and reactivate your Tour 9630.

Wait to see how OS6 is implemented on the Bold. Check the forums to see how members like OS6 on the Bold. Who knows, it could be sluggish and glitchy.

If you like what you read about OS6 on the bold then upgrade, otherwise don't burn it.
    06-15-10 04:50 PM
    OK...I just picked up a brand new Bold 9650 from craigslist today for $250....we will see how it is...
    06-16-10 09:30 PM
    Wow, that was a steal. Hopefully you checked to make sure it had a good ESN and PIN before purchasing!!!
    06-16-10 09:31 PM
    Wow, that was a steal. Hopefully you checked to make sure it had a good ESN and PIN before purchasing!!!
    oh yeah, it's clean, I'm using it right now as we speak...just gotta give it a couple days to really get a comparison between the Bold and the Tour
    06-16-10 10:19 PM
    why did you return the evo?
    06-17-10 08:08 AM
    Hmm, yeah $250 is way, way to cheap...
    06-17-10 10:24 AM
    I returned my Evo and got the bold 9650, there were alot of little things that bugged me, and i was worried sick about it getting stolen or me dropping it on its face. not too worried with the Bold. and the battery lasts alot longer with the BB as well.
    06-17-10 10:29 AM
    I think us CDMA users are gonna have a long wait before a new BB comes out for us (except for that new flip, I think we are getting that one... I am so excited I can hardly containt myself). I really wish RIM would announce the slider for CMDA, I think that is the only phone that may keep me with a BB. The Tour/Bold screens are just way to small for a smartphone, unless you only do email on BB then it is OK. But web browsing and video playback they suck, and lets face it we do a lot more than just email on our BB.

I have not done it yet but I may be getting the EVO if there is no news of a new BB coming to CDMA (Sprint in particular). I have played around with it in the store and messed around with a friends Hero and I like the OS so far. Of course I have to use it full time to really see, but with all the hype about Froyo and google revamping the UI on Android, I may just bite.
    06-17-10 10:47 AM
    I don't know about anyone else but I recently upgraded from a 9630 to 9650 and I can say that to me it was worth the upgrade. The processor is faster, memory better, trackpad SO much better and the WiFi definitely speeds things up a bit. If I had a choice I would definitely go with the 9650 over the 9630
    06-17-10 07:22 PM
    why did you return the evo?
    to me, the Evo is a great toy...for me, I need a phone that will last, and that I can constantly be on it with my emails and texts...Blackberry is, hands down, the best smartphone for emails...and Blackberry Messenger is solid...no other chat or messenging client will beat BBM...without BBM, I send/receive about 8000-12,000 texts per month...with my Blackberry, I can multi-task (sort of) when I text: I can type fast and have a 99% accuracy without looking at the keyboard...whereas, on the Evo, I cannot type without looking at the screen, and the auto-correction is crap...it doesn't have a good dictionary...and it doesn't have shortcuts...AND it's a PITA to type a symbol...when you type fast and need an apostrophe, you have to hold for a second to type an apostrophe...again, this is just me...it's just not a Blackberry for me...
    Last edited by MeetJoeAsian; 06-17-10 at 10:18 PM.
    06-17-10 08:13 PM
    Totally agree w you Joe...The other phones are good for the cssual user but if you power work on the blackberry life is grand compared to droid or iphone
    06-17-10 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD