I took my Eris back today as much as I hated to. The inability of it to log into gmail for inbound and my isp for outbound mail was a deal breaker. The camera wasnt very good and the battery was decent if not used too much. Sense UI was fantastic. The call quality was very good and I was really happy with it for the most part. 3 new phones are rumored to be coming to VZW before xmas so I wanted to hold off for the next deal from HTC and save my ne2 upgrade for those. Back to my S1, pray for me.
    God I hate the Storm 1.
    11-16-09 04:40 PM
    What do you mean by log into gmail for inbound and my isp for outbound?

Also is your picture an american bulldog?
    11-16-09 04:48 PM
    I needed gmail to push incoming mail to my phone but use my isp to send outbound with pop3. It shows configuration areas for both incoming and outgoing login/passwords but once you input the info in the incoming section it populated the outbound settings and although you can backspace the populated setting and save it, it does not keep the changes. Yep on the dog.
    11-16-09 04:52 PM
    gotcha....

I have an american bulldog as well. Best dogs in the world!
    11-16-09 05:22 PM
    I took my Eris back today as much as I hated to. The inability of it to log into gmail for inbound and my isp for outbound mail was a deal breaker. The camera wasnt very good and the battery was decent if not used too much. Sense UI was fantastic. The call quality was very good and I was really happy with it for the most part. 3 new phones are rumored to be coming to VZW before xmas so I wanted to hold off for the next deal from HTC and save my ne2 upgrade for those. Back to my S1, pray for me.
    God I hate the Storm 1.
    I would assume all Android are similar but I do this with my Motorola DROID. I have gmail as my incoming(IMAP) and a totally different smtp as outgoing. I did the same thing on my iPhone. You basically enter bogus info and then when it doesn't work you go to manual setup and add the incoming and outgoing you want.

Outside of that I would wait and get a 2.0 android phone, the Eris, Hero or whatever CPU is too slow as well imo.
    11-16-09 05:50 PM
    I've got my hotmail coming in pushed(through gmail) but outgoing via hotmail(on the Droid) You've gotta set it up on gmail. I realized you've already returned it so I won't go into detail right now unless you want to know for future devices? Let me know and I'll do a little write up.
    11-16-09 06:43 PM
    Back to my S1, pray for me.
    God I hate the Storm 1.
    I went to a Droid but I have to say I certainly did not hate my S1. If I had to go back to my Storm I could think of a lot worse phones to live with.
    11-16-09 07:16 PM
    I've got my hotmail coming in pushed(through gmail) but outgoing via hotmail(on the Droid) You've gotta set it up on gmail. I realized you've already returned it so I won't go into detail right now unless you want to know for future devices? Let me know and I'll do a little write up.
    I already went through it with HTC tech support.
    11-16-09 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD