Does anyone know of a way to restore cache picture files?
    11-16-18 11:29 PM
    Does anyone know of a way to restore cache picture files?
    Not sure what you're talking about.

Also, what device do you have?
    josephdav01g likes this.
    11-17-18 12:51 PM
    Not sure what you're talking about.

Also, what device do you have?
    I went from a Samsung S7 to a LGV20. When I went to transfer photos all the remained was cache files of the photos. Looking for a trick or program to restore them.
    11-17-18 01:54 PM
    I went from a Samsung S7 to a LGV20. When I went to transfer photos all the remained was cache files of the photos. Looking for a trick or program to restore them.
    I don't know what cache you're talking about.
    11-17-18 03:14 PM
    I don't know what cache you're talking about.
    The photo cache. I don't know what you are asking. What are you trying to find out.
    11-17-18 03:18 PM
    The photo cache. I don't know what you are asking. What are you trying to find out.
    The word "cache" on a computer or mobile device means something different.

If you are referring to a collection of photos in a folder on your device, just copy them with your file manager to the cloud. Or copy them to your computer. Or transfer them between phones via WiFi direct.
    11-17-18 09:19 PM
    You're talking about the tiny copies of photos that Android phones like to make? It sounds like you may be stuck with them and have lost your original resolution photos. If so, I'm sorry. That's rough. You're not going to get your original photos back from those tiny files.

I suggest looking for the original photos elsewhere. Make sure that they aren't sitting there on one of your phones.
    11-17-18 09:59 PM
    The word "cache" on a computer or mobile device means something different.

If you are referring to a collection of photos in a folder on your device, just copy them with your file manager to the cloud. Or copy them to your computer. Or transfer them between phones via WiFi direct.
    Buddy, why do you keep replying if you don't know what he's talking about? I think that he's just saying that the thumbnails cache subfolder of the DCIM folder on his old device got copied over to his new device and that he doesn't know where the originals from the camera roll are.
    josephdav01g likes this.
    11-17-18 10:08 PM
    Buddy, why do you keep replying if you don't know what he's talking about? I think that he's just saying that the thumbnails cache subfolder of the DCIM folder on his old device got copied over to his new device and that he doesn't know where the originals from the camera roll are.
    Thanks JECE for explaining. I was asking him why he keeps replying if he doesn't have an answer. So there's no way to restore the originals from the cache files? Ahhhhhhh.....
    11-18-18 10:25 AM
    Thanks JECE for explaining. I was asking him why he keeps replying if he doesn't have an answer. So there's no way to restore the originals from the cache files? Ahhhhhhh.....
    I would have had an answer if you had explained your problem properly. I was seeking clarification.

I've never heard of thumbnails being referred to as cached files before.
    11-18-18 01:24 PM