Does Best Buy charge a restocking fee for the Xoom?
    04-13-11 07:22 AM
    Why not just contact Best Buy?
    Last edited by JD914; 04-13-11 at 11:10 AM.
    04-13-11 08:26 AM
    I'm not sure if they charge a fee for the Xoom specifically but I know for most other things they do not. On their return page, it doesn't say anything about a restocking fee. To be sure, I would contact them like JD914 says. But then again, if you don't want a device, I don't think it should matter whether they charge a fee. You're either going to eat a small amount of money or the entire thing by keeping a device solely because you don't want a restocking fee. Link is below

Returning In-Store Purchases - Best Buy
    04-13-11 09:43 AM
    May not be a restocking fee if returning for a defective unit. All retailers charge a fee when returning an open box electronics item. Especially one as expensive as a zoom.
    04-14-11 03:18 PM
    All retailers charge a fee when returning an open box electronics item. Especially one as expensive as a zoom.
    Not true. I've returned several electronics items to Best Buy after opening them. And they asked me if anything was wrong and I tell them no (unless something was wrong of course) but I let them know why I didn't like it though and they had no problem refunded my full purchase amount. From xbox 360s to AV receivers, haven't had an issue.

Same thing with Walmart. Bought a home theater system a few months back. Didn't like it, returned a week later with no problems. They asked was there anything wrong. My response was "no, I just didn't like xyz". And that was good enough.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 04-14-11 at 04:34 PM.
    04-14-11 03:22 PM
    May not be a restocking fee if returning for a defective unit. All retailers charge a fee when returning an open box electronics item. Especially one as expensive as a zoom.
    No they don't. Fry's electronics (not that I like that chain) accepts returns in good condition w/o a restock fee. Also, recently BB changed their return policies so check their website. I suggest you reconsider when making sweeping statements such as " All retailers charge a fee when returning an open box electronics item. Especially one as expensive as a zoom". I've returned items costing in the thousands, without incurring any penalty.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    04-14-11 04:26 PM
    I know our bby does. On receipt and store display. Just like all those big screens sold around the superbowl.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-11 10:35 PM
    I know our bby does. On receipt and store display. Just like all those big screens sold around the superbowl.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm sure they knew people would buy TVs and return them after the superbowl in which case it's smart for them to charge. But you cannot make a blanket comment when it's certainly not true. Especially when I know for a fact that it isn't true in all cases. As a matter of fact, I just returned a camcorder that costs 400 bucks without a restocking fee.
    04-15-11 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD