Went to pay my bill today and saw the new razr on display at verizon. Only checked it out for a minute or two, but looks like a pretty sweet device.

How odd it is that a company actually puts out a release date for a phone and there is actually one on display(unlike the torch).

Screen was real bright and sharp, not what I'm used to with my blackberry.
    11-06-11 06:44 PM
    I saw on another site where they had the display already setup. This seems to be the device that Verizon wants to push the most. If it wasn't for the Nexus coming out, I would be ready to pick one up on Friday.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    mustangv8 likes this.
    11-06-11 07:32 PM
    Nexus, Nexus, Nexus

Can't wait.
    11-06-11 07:53 PM
    A little worried about the higher price tags and lack of good discounts coming out on all new phones.
    11-06-11 08:05 PM
    I saw on another site where they had the display already setup. This seems to be the device that Verizon wants to push the most. If it wasn't for the Nexus coming out, I would be ready to pick one up on Friday.

Really? LOL. Kidding with you. But the battery not being separate is a definite deal breaker. And love for HTC

And the Thunder rolls!
    11-06-11 11:24 PM
    Really? LOL. Kidding with you. But the battery not being separate is a definite deal breaker. And love for HTC

And the Thunder rolls!
    I was thinking about that too, but it will have a combo to do a hard reset just like other droids
    11-06-11 11:35 PM
    A non-removable battery really isn't that bad if the device has good battery life.

Just try not to drop it in water.
    lssanjose likes this.
    11-07-11 09:33 AM
    I don't like not having access to my battery or these new phones coming out with no external memory. Kind of a bummer, but more and more phones are doing it. Surprising Apple isn't going after that as were they not the 1st to implement the no access to the battery and no external memory?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-11 05:28 PM
    A non-removable battery really isn't that bad if the device has good battery life.

Just try not to drop it in water.
    As long as you don't plan to keep the device a long time... You have zero recourse for lithium ion losing capacity naturally over time. Also zero possibility for battery swapping on the go...
    11-07-11 06:09 PM
    Many days I use my phone so much that not even the mighty extended battery can make it through the day, so I'm glad I have several batteries in reserve. I'd be less likely to use a phone constantly if I knew that I was stuck with just the one non-removable battery. I'm sure the RAZR will be popular and awesome and I'll go take a gander at it this week, but I'm happy with my Bionic. The Kevlar back and water shedding makes for great ad copy, but aren't going to mitigate other issues such as a non-removable battery.
    mustangv8 likes this.
    11-07-11 07:55 PM
    Went and played around with one today. It's incredibly thin. Screen was nice also. The Nexus is still my top choice.

11-07-11 07:59 PM
    Many days I use my phone so much that not even the mighty extended battery can make it through the day, so I'm glad I have several batteries in reserve. I'd be less likely to use a phone constantly if I knew that I was stuck with just the one non-removable battery. I'm sure the RAZR will be popular and awesome and I'll go take a gander at it this week, but I'm happy with my Bionic. The Kevlar back and water shedding makes for great ad copy, but aren't going to mitigate other issues such as a non-removable battery.
    I'm not happy with the gimmick of a kevlar back. More that I think about it, and being that I am used to owning a 2 pos blackberry phones that regularly had to have battery pulls of almost an every other day basis, not liking the idea of a battery going bad over the period of a year or two and having no recourse other than possibly sending it in forr repair at motorola for a much larger bill than just buying a backup battery.
    I expect vz to keep up with the big ad campaigns, being a VZ only item for the time being.
    11-07-11 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD