With being a long time BB user, my Android knowledge is low but are there mprovements to the Android's radio that are available such as with different hybrids with the BB's?

Why I ask is that I have a Tour and EVO sideby each other and the Tour has better reception than the EVO (the EVO is stock and not rooted).

Is there anything I can do to improve the reception of the CDMA on the EVO? While the difference is small between my BB and EVO, it's enough that causes me problems at times.
    06-18-10 10:18 AM
    Here is what I recomend. There was a call volume issue with my Droid kinda.
    Look up threads in the forum on Droid call volume. There was a setup for a code
    to be entered to help that. What I suggest is go to Sprint forums and u may run accross a super tech to help with that issue. A VZ tech passed that along in the
    Droid forums and I came here and shared that with the folks here. Other than that that is all I have. I have a Droid just passing along what worked for me
    06-18-10 11:32 AM
    I have been thinking about the EVO because signal strength on my Tour is low and fluctuates quite a bit. Definitely not good if the EVO is worse than the Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 11:37 AM
    I have yet to experience any poor signal issues, everywhere I've gone has yielded 4-6 bars
    06-18-10 11:55 AM
    Now don't get me wrong, I'm NOT saying the EVO's radio is bad, my primary work area is cell phone dead zone nightmare area and I'm seeing just a slight poorer reception on my EVO than my Tour. When I mean slight, I mean very slight which could just be my physical area as once I get out of my dead zone area, it's fine.

I'm running on the EVO as I have Wifi avaialble so in true fact, the EVO is working much better for me with data than the Tour since the Tour has no Wifi. Not receiving calls on my personal cell (EVO) is kinda nice since I tend to have anti-social tendancies anyhow!

What's really cool on the EVO is a app I downloaded which tells me were the cell towers are, from a techy, "I have to support mobile phones", that's kinda cool!
    06-18-10 12:42 PM
    It has been duly noted that the wifi radio is unacceptable. So if you are strictly using wifi for the evo that isnt good as of now. I have my wifi turned on the evo and if I move to another room in my house it goes to one bar. I hope they update this pretty soon. Hopefully this is what you were talking about, if not just overlook.

I only experience the radio being low on wifi. When im on 3g its great in my city actually better than verizon, att, and tmobile. At my place of business I could never get 5 bars with any other carrier than sprint, I dont think I could go to any other company. So I hope Sprint keeps pumping out great phones with go radios.
    06-18-10 12:48 PM
    Did you try updating your PRL? There is also a new radio file out, but your device requires root access to be able to flash it.

Here's a pretty painless root guide: [TUTORIAL] IDIOT-PROOF Root Guide! NAND Unlock and ADB Update!! - xda-developers

Here's the radio file and installation guide: [RADIO] Evo-1.39.00.05.31 - xda-developers
    06-18-10 04:28 PM

What's really cool on the EVO is a app I downloaded which tells me were the cell towers are, from a techy, "I have to support mobile phones", that's kinda cool!
    Whats the name of that app you're referring to?
    06-18-10 04:55 PM
    There is an updated prl. I just updated it, you will have to update manually. settings>system updates>update PRL
    06-18-10 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD