Guys, I know this seems silly, but it is a big deal to me to move my SMS from my old Droid to my Droid X. I get a lot of business information via text, and if at all possible I want those old messages.

I downloaded SMS Backup on the old droid, did a backup, copied it to the X and tried to restore it, but it doesn't work...I get an error. Anyone have any ideas?
    07-16-10 10:57 PM
    Well, if anyone else is looking to do this use SMSBackupRestore. Simple, worked great. It created an XML file on the old droid.

I created a folder on the Droid X SD Card named SMSBackupRestore and put the XML from the old Droid in that folder. Opened up SMSBackupRestore on the X and BAM...done.

Sweet.
    07-16-10 11:14 PM
    Wish I had known that! Too late now.
    07-16-10 11:23 PM
    Yeah, the guy that is buying my old Droid wanted it today, but I told him he had to wait until tomorrow so I could make sure I got all my stuff transferred over...

I'm glad I found that app. It is about 15th down the list in market when you search for SMS Backup.
    07-16-10 11:28 PM
    depending how your set up is, generally they need to be the same OS version. 2.1 to 2.1 etc.
    07-16-10 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD