I am looking at a tablet for my Christmas. I have an android phone, a Droid X, and like it very much and used to using it. My question is that if I were to get an Ipad, can you use the Android Market and the Amazon Marketplace on an Ipad and download apps, or do you have to use just the Itunes market. I am not very familiar with Apple products, and do like the android market. But, I like the feel of the Ipad, and every sales person I talked to says be sure to get the Ipad. So........
    11-26-11 07:05 AM
    Unfortunately you will not be able to use the Android Market and Amazon App store. Your only option is iTunes. Choose which device fits you best. If the sales Rep likes the ipad for themselves, then they maybe somewhat biased.
    I prefer Android tablets because I'm able to share apps on all my Android devices. If I purchase an app for my android phone, I can use the license for that same app for my Android tablet.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    11-26-11 07:50 AM
    Choose the tablet you like best in your price range. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-11 05:29 PM
    If you like using Flash, get an Android tablet--it's that simple.
    11-26-11 10:51 PM
    My son was able to pick up the Toshiba Thrive for $199 on Black Friday on Amazon. What a deal. It 's the 8GB version he saves everything to the cloud anyway.

Good Luck
    11-27-11 01:26 PM
    Unfortunately you will not be able to use the Android Market and Amazon App store. Your only option is iTunes. Choose which device fits you best. If the sales Rep likes the ipad for themselves, then they maybe somewhat biased.
    I prefer Android tablets because I'm able to share apps on all my Android devices. If I purchase an app for my android phone, I can use the license for that same app for my Android tablet.

Speaking of bias.......

Same applies for my iPhone and iPad..... Once I sign in with my apple id and tap the app store there all are of my purchased apps waiting to be installed on my iPad.
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-27-11 at 02:39 PM.
    11-27-11 02:28 PM
    Google accounts and Apple IDs are basically the same for their platforms. It's very handy.
    11-27-11 02:34 PM
    Speaking of bias.......

Same applies for my iPhone and iPad..... Once I sign in with my apple id and tap the app store there all are of my purchased apps waiting to be installed on my iPad.
    I didn't mention the iPhone because the OP said he liked his Android phone, and will probably keep it. As you mentioned, the same could be done for the iPhone and iPad, but the OP would have to purchase two new devices.

11-27-11 03:05 PM
    Ok your thread hinted to the fact that the iPhone and iPad act differently it's all good. As one as you didn't say the "B" word....

That would be BlackBerry
    11-27-11 03:47 PM
    We've got an iPad, an iPhone, and my android phone around our house. Most apps for androids are available for Apple devices too. Not everything, but most things. Some apps are iTunes store only.
    11-28-11 12:43 PM
    There would be almost no reason to get an ipad instead. You can use your same gmail account on the android tablet so that you don't have to rebuy every single app on your ipad...
    11-28-11 02:42 PM
    As papped said. It makes economic sense. I have an iPhone and an iPad and my wife has an iPhone. Bought her an Acer Iconia and set it up with my gmail address and all of my apps from my Android days were there waiting to be downloaded.
    11-29-11 09:15 AM
    How do you compare the Acer with the iPad, and why did she want that tablet when she is using an iPhone. Just curious.
    11-29-11 10:37 AM
    I am looking at a tablet for my Christmas. I have an android phone, a Droid X, and like it very much and used to using it. My question is that if I were to get an Ipad, can you use the Android Market and the Amazon Marketplace on an Ipad and download apps, or do you have to use just the Itunes market. I am not very familiar with Apple products, and do like the android market. But, I like the feel of the Ipad, and every sales person I talked to says be sure to get the Ipad. So........
    take a look at the upcoming Asus Transformer Prime. it will be all kinds of awesome.
    11-29-11 11:35 AM
    What I love about my transformer is the awesome keyboard attachment. It had some keyboard lag when I first bought it but that has been fixed with software updates while honeycomb continues to mature. Asus has been really great in updates too. Reporting it will update to ice cream sandwich.

Another great feature is the mini HDMI port. I bought a mini HDMI adapter for 3 dollars and during Thanksgiving dinner I brought my transformer and ported to the big screen watching Netflix. They didnt want me to take the transformer home LOL. The attachment for the ipad to display on the big screen is around 30 dollars and its proprietary.

Love my android tablet and havent regret being a early adopter. Asus has a hit in their hands and will continue with the awesome prime.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-11 10:15 AM
    How do you compare the Acer with the iPad, and why did she want that tablet when she is using an iPhone. Just curious.

Newt she originally wanted and e-reader because of the size. I was going to grab a nook tab or nook color and root it. But I grabbed this deal:

I got Black friday for 189.

Acer - Iconia Tablet with 8GB Memory - Steel Blue - A100-07U08U
    11-30-11 02:50 PM
    Did the same for my wife. She has an Android phone, though, so the 7" Acer Iconia was a good option for her. I think if she had an iPhone, I would have looked at the iPad, although I think she would prefer a 7" tablet (doesn't like the size of my 10.1" gTablet).

Sent from my gTablet using Tapatalk.
    12-05-11 09:07 AM
    Excactly My wife loves her tablet we have an iPad which now belongs to me only

And she actually prefers the Iconia.....
    12-05-11 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD