I currently have a blackberry curve 8330 from sprint and want another blackberry but am leaning towards the EVO. I did not want the evo before because of the horrible battery life. I did some research and found out that once the evo is rooted you can download an app called setcpu which allows you to control how much of the processor is used at a certain situation like if the screen is off only 245mhz of the processor is used and people have said they have had way better battery life after doing so. I just want to know if there is anyone on these forums who have done this to their evo and can tell me their experience. Also how can i root an evo if i get one and back up the stock os. If i root my evo and something happens to it will i still be able to return it and get a refurbished one if i restore it to the stock os?
    01-26-11 03:11 PM
    I currently have a blackberry curve 8330 from sprint and want another blackberry but am leaning towards the EVO. I did not want the evo before because of the horrible battery life. I did some research and found out that once the evo is rooted you can download an app called setcpu which allows you to control how much of the processor is used at a certain situation like if the screen is off only 245mhz of the processor is used and people have said they have had way better battery life after doing so. I just want to know if there is anyone on these forums who have done this to their evo and can tell me their experience. Also how can i root an evo if i get one and back up the stock os. If i root my evo and something happens to it will i still be able to return it and get a refurbished one if i restore it to the stock os?
    HTC EVO helpful/popular threads (Look here First!) - xda-developers

everything you need to know, enjoy the reading!
    01-26-11 03:17 PM
    +1 for SetCPU
    01-26-11 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD