The Droid is the kinda dude to throw the fight and then later meet iPhone in the alley and beat its ***.
    11-11-09 06:34 PM
    Cnet has always been bias towards the iphone and to a certain extent the BBs. An unfair comparison. Droid would demolish the iphone on screen resolution alone. Anyone wanna bet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I wont argue the screen on the droid is better, but what is the point of having a high quality screen, with low quality videos on youtube? It confuses me as to why new high end smartphones that come out still have crappy quality youtube videos. While demoing the droid, I had my pre out, and while it displayed crystal clear videos, the droid looked horrible. I am not a fan of the moto droid, but I will definately keep an eye out on the future droids, as I like the os, and how its growing. Sony x10, and the dell streak are what catches my eyes at the moment.
    11-11-09 06:52 PM
    I wont argue the screen on the droid is better, but what is the point of having a high quality screen, with low quality videos on youtube? It confuses me as to why new high end smartphones that come out still have crappy quality youtube videos. While demoing the droid, I had my pre out, and while it displayed crystal clear videos, the droid looked horrible. I am not a fan of the moto droid, but I will definately keep an eye out on the future droids, as I like the os, and how its growing. Sony x10, and the dell streak are what catches my eyes at the moment.
    As the Youtube app opens, you can select "Menu" "More" and "Hi-res video".

And the video that pops out then is omg gorgeous
    11-11-09 07:11 PM

Hmm will have to try that out. thanks
    11-11-09 07:12 PM
    While demoing the droid, I had my pre out, and while it displayed crystal clear videos, the droid looked horrible..
    The Droid plays Youtube videos perfectly. Full HD.....not sure where you got this from.
    11-11-09 07:13 PM
    iphone wins on looks...I am not really surprised, not hating on the droid but the key board really looks old to me.
    11-11-09 07:14 PM
    Perhaps its the fact that the droids sexy screen shows off imperfections in the video. It's like watching standard definition tv on a standard tv or an hdtv. On the standard it looks fine, on the HD your like WTF what are all those random pixels all over the place, this looks like ***.
    11-11-09 07:18 PM

I'm not currently in a position to verify this, but when connected via wifi, it will automatically go to the HD version.
    11-11-09 08:30 PM
    People that don't own either device are more than welcome to post as well.
    Hahaha they will anyway!

I <3 My DROID and I <3 my iPhone.

But I never use the keyboard on the Droid.
    11-11-09 08:50 PM
    Hahaha they will anyway!

I <3 My DROID and I <3 my iPhone.

But I never use the keyboard on the Droid.
    it was to protect those who may be subjected to the "you don't even own the device" comments. And if you would have read closer it said everyone BUT prada : )

it's memorize too...not memorise. I tell ya. You don't hang out anymore and when you do I have to correct you....

Give SD my best I like that kool cat : )
    11-11-09 09:20 PM
    How they failed to mention that the iPhone 3GS doesn't have flash on it's camera is beyond me.

Aye, here's a joke!

How does an iPhone user take pictures at night?

===> By rubbing two sticks together! LOL!
    11-11-09 09:22 PM
    it was to protect those who may be subjected to the "you don't even own the device" comments. And if you would have read closer it said everyone BUT prada : )

it's memorize too...not memorise. I tell ya. You don't hang out anymore and when you do I have to correct you....

Give SD my best I like that kool cat : )
    Pfft... I just cut and copied that quote!
    11-11-09 09:32 PM
    Never owned an iPhone (can't stand AT&T) but do have an iPod Touch and it has gone in the drawer and I'm FINALLY using one device! When the iPhone comes to Verizon (and it will, Apple is not that dumb or stubborn) I'll bet there are plenty like me that most likely will not switch (and we are an Apple family). I love the Android software and I like the droid looks. Biggest gripe about looks is I could do without the keyboard.
    11-11-09 09:44 PM
    A phone should be rated on it's call quality/connectivity FIRST and FOREMOST. If a phone fails in this category..then everything else the phone may be good at pales in comparison.

The iPhone is a great phone no doubt; but when compared to the Droid OVERALL as a phone compared to the iPhone OVERALL as a phone...I think the Droid is a more solid choice.

11-11-09 09:47 PM
    All the gripe over dropped calls and what not, wouldn't that be a battle between carriers rather than the actual phone? Many say if Verizon landed the iPhone, the race would be for second place. So why would call dropping/quality mean anything in the battle? I understand they both are cell phones and need to function as phones, but the argument isn't Verizon vs AT&T...

I own neither phone but couldn't help but throw that in.

11-11-09 11:46 PM
    since the Droid is only on VZW and the iPhone is only on AT&T then the carrier and phone are one unit in this case. If we were comparing Heros to Curves or something then the carrier wouldn't apply in that case since each is available on multiple carriers.
    11-11-09 11:53 PM
    Hmm will have to try that out. thanks
    Also keep in mind that if the original uploaded video is bad, there's no fixing that. So pay attention to WHICH videos you watch. Can't blame poorly encoded videos on the phone.
    11-12-09 06:43 PM
    Style isn't subjective, the Droid is sexy. PERIOD

lol
    I Agree.........

But wait, the iphone has rounded corners, that alone makes it better than the droid!
    11-12-09 11:51 PM
    The Droid did pretty awesome, for only being out for less than one week, and going up against CNET's favorite son...........
    11-12-09 11:55 PM
    Actually, it has lost, and this goes to show you not to lend much credence to CNET, because the phone it lost to was the Voyager. lol
    Actually the Iphone was very buggy early on and had bad reviews. It didnt get that much hype until the the Jailbreak scene and the app store finally release.
    11-13-09 07:52 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD