Picked this off of droidfourms.net

please post any comments. People that don't own either device are more than welcome to post as well.

CNET Prizefight: Motorola Droid vs. Apple iPhone 3GS - CNET.com
    11-11-09 11:42 AM
    I am quite tired of CNET's "we <3 the iPhone" attitude. I don't believe the iPhone has ever lost a "prizefight". Granted, it's a good/fun phone...but it's not the BEST phone out there.
    11-11-09 11:52 AM
    Yes phonedog website is a iPhone fanboy site. So of course he is going to like the iPhone better. There are a lot of others that noted the Droid is better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 12:03 PM
    Sorry cnet is the same way

11-11-09 12:04 PM
    But look at what gave the iPhone the win. It won on styling, which is subjective. Put me on that panel and another guy, or girl, that like rugged bad a$$ looking devices and the outcome would have been different.

It was a tie and the iPhone won on a subjective category.
    11-11-09 12:12 PM
    Glad to see the Droid got a fair shot at least. I believe this is the first time the iPhone has ever been tied??? I think the 4.0 the Droid received in round 4 was a little low and I agree with cereal that style is subjective. Personally, I think the iPhone style is played out and the Droid is refreshing.
    Last edited by The Antagonist; 11-11-09 at 12:19 PM.
    11-11-09 12:13 PM
    Glad to see the Droid got a fair shot at least. I believe this is the first time the iPhone has ever been tied???
    yes sir............
    11-11-09 12:18 PM
    But look at what gave the iPhone the win. It won on styling, which is subjective. Put me on that panel and another guy, or girl, that like rugged bad a$$ looking devices and the outcome would have been different.

It was a tie and the iPhone won on a subjective category.
    I don't even own an iphone and I'm already sick of looking at it. The aluminum 1st gen iphone looked a lot better imo. Go DROID.

11-11-09 12:27 PM
    Style is certainly subjective. I do like the style of the iPhone better, but that's just me. One thing the iPhone has going for it is an abundance of accessories. I'm sure the droid will be getting quite a few more, but it may never catch up because in the next year or so a completely new Android phone will be out to replace the droid. Since these devices are first and foremost a cell phone, the call quality is the most important feature. AT&T is the reason that I will never own an iPhone. If the iPhone was on Verizon we probably wouldn't even be talking about the droid.
    11-11-09 12:32 PM
    the phone that doesnt work well as a phone "won"

nice....
    11-11-09 12:45 PM
    If Verizon had the iPhone where would the Droid come in? Second place probably. The only thing that holds the iPhone back is ATT's limp 3G network around Arizona.
    11-11-09 12:49 PM
    I mess with my friends iphones all the time. And I have played with a driod as well. I will say the iphone is still such a neat phone especially when you factor in how much more responsive it was from day 1 compared to storm 1 day 1 which was years later. My biggest factor is well AT&T, I cant talk for everyone but their network coverage is complete garbage over here and all o my friends with iphones drop calls everyday. I have never dropped a call on verizon other then to my AT&T friends. I am not a fan of VZW's pricing but you know what here in NJ, I went to Vegas, Florida and even Dominica Republic and have never had a dropped call issue. I would think making and receiving phone calls would factor in for what 80% of your score for rating a phone? lol
    11-11-09 12:52 PM
    Style isn't subjective, the Droid is sexy. PERIOD

lol
    11-11-09 12:54 PM
    If Verizon had the iPhone where would the Droid come in? Second place probably. The only thing that holds the iPhone back is ATT's limp 3G network around Arizona.
    Or its lower resolution screen or its lack of a flash or its lack of a real keyboard or lack of openness (home screen replacements, replacement virtual keyboards if you want with t9 and skins, replacement music players, download and open files of any type with the right app, browse the file system, etc), reliance on iTunes (we can drag and drop music, pictures, movies, etc in any directory structure you feel like), lack of free turn by turn navigation, and the list goes on.

Even if VZW had the iPhone, I'd still be using a Droid.

Now if VZW had the iPhone in the beginning, the Droid may not have come to pass because when people have the iPhone they get into the mindset of "this is the best, we can't do better" but VZW/Moto/Google did in my eyes. For some people the iPhone is a better device but not for me (regardless of the network), Droid FTW
    11-11-09 12:59 PM
    My fault I didnteven watch the video. I just know that cnet loves the iPhone. I am surprised the droiddid so well. GO MY LITTLE DROIDY!

11-11-09 01:16 PM
    I don't believe the iPhone has ever lost a "prizefight".
    Actually, it has lost, and this goes to show you not to lend much credence to CNET, because the phone it lost to was the Voyager. lol
    Last edited by Spotmark; 11-11-09 at 01:22 PM.
    11-11-09 01:17 PM
    Cnet has always been bias towards the iphone and to a certain extent the BBs. An unfair comparison. Droid would demolish the iphone on screen resolution alone. Anyone wanna bet?

11-11-09 01:28 PM
    I would think making and receiving phone calls would factor in for what 80% of your score for rating a phone? lol
    I agree 1000% that the call quality and coverage score should have been "weighted" to count more. After all, isn't that the primary reason one gets a phone, to make/receive calls and send/receive information (SMS, MMS, browse)?
    11-11-09 01:59 PM
    I just got the DROID...I switched from the iPhone...only cause I couldn't use at&t at all. I'm just loving this high-tech smartphone...its the greatest & fastest thus far. =)
    11-11-09 02:10 PM
    Actually, it has lost, and this goes to show you not to lend much credence to CNET, because the phone it lost to was the Voyager. lol
    i am at a loss for words...
    11-11-09 02:24 PM
    i am at a loss for words...
    well there's 7 right there...you're doing pretty good keep them coming : )
    11-11-09 03:12 PM
    I agree 1000% that the call quality and coverage score should have been "weighted" to count more. After all, isn't that the primary reason one gets a phone, to make/receive calls and send/receive information (SMS, MMS, browse)?
    You got that right! What a joke that they don't give more points for the most important, basic feature of a phone. Unreal! That was a stupid review or prize fight. I didn't even pay attention but did they even mention the battery?
    11-11-09 03:12 PM
    Yes, they mentioned the battery. Very briefly.
    11-11-09 03:34 PM
    well there's 7 right there...you're doing pretty good keep them coming : )
    no but srsly, there is something about the iPhone that I just don't like but there is no way in **** I would say it is worse than a Voyager rofl
    11-11-09 06:04 PM
    They have all been playing with the iPhone for a couple of years and the Droid a few hours, if that. Not a fair comparison. The more I use the Droid, the more I discover it can do. Frankly, they only needed a tie breaker because they did not know enough about the web browsing features of the Droid and ranked that too low. They gave the iPhone credit for things it will have in the future against things the Droid has now! I say, this fight was fixed. They made the Droid take a fall.
    11-11-09 06:21 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD