I also just got back from Best Buy. When I asked to pre order the Droid the guy told me that they would take my pre order but that I might not get the phone till the 2nd shipment cuz they already have 30 pre orders. He had me fill out the form and I purchased the $50 gift card. I walked out with the gift card and the receipt. I don't see a number or anything on my receipt so when I show up Friday morning will they sell me a phone or will they make me wait until the first 30 people show up?? I would've pre ordered earlier but I had to sell my Tour first!

The process is legit. I did it last year with my S1. They number your sheet and place you accordingly in their book. What I would suggest is calling back to the store and verifying what number they have you listed as in their book. This way, based on their shipment that arrives you'll know if you should have reeceived a phone. If that BB has 30 pre-orders already, you may want to call around to another BB. The one I went to only had 10 pre-orders when I went by. The way this BB handles the contacting their customers, is by calling us when the phones arrive, they go down the list letting you know when you can pick it up. I had no problem receiving my S1 the day it rolled out.
    11-03-09 07:57 PM
    I am confused... can I pre-order a Droid from BB even though I am using another line on my account (5 lines) as the upgrade line?
    11-04-09 08:25 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD