So I haven't taken many pictures with my Droid-X, but yesterday I took about 15. Now my notification bar has the Preparing SD card Icon up there, and has been up there for 15 hours, and the thing is really jerky and slow. I cant use my camera, songs, video recorder or anything on my SD card. What I have been able to search out online is my SD card is corrupt and some people have had this problem.

The fix seems to be to remove the card, put it in a reader, insert into computer and hope you can recover? I sure hope I don't have to worry about loosing any pictures or info. I will let you know what happens. I sure hope this is a one time problem or the X is gone!

Anyone else have this problem?
    09-17-10 10:51 AM
    never had this problem with my x so the SD card might actually be corrupted
    09-17-10 11:01 AM
    Update: I was able to save all my pictures etc..,,Format my card, and now it says "blank SD card" in the notification bar with a orange triangle and exclamation mark in the middle. I pull it down and it says " SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem.

Called Motorola and went through all the hoops and they said the SD card went bad and to go to Verizon and they will replace the SD card for free.

Guess it was just bad luck, but still being on the fence from switching from a BB device, this is a big deal for me. Luckily I didn't loose any Data. If it happens again I am back to Blackberry.
    09-17-10 01:51 PM
    Update: I was able to save all my pictures etc..,,Format my card, and now it says "blank SD card" in the notification bar with a orange triangle and exclamation mark in the middle. I pull it down and it says " SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem.

Called Motorola and went through all the hoops and they said the SD card went bad and to go to Verizon and they will replace the SD card for free.

Guess it was just bad luck, but still being on the fence from switching from a BB device, this is a big deal for me. Luckily I didn't loose any Data. If it happens again I am back to Blackberry.
    lol it wont happen again
    09-17-10 02:02 PM
    lol it wont happen again
    Thanks! I just got home from Verizon and everything is fine now, They were great and said that it can happen. Just glad I didn't loose anything except most of my morning.

On a side note, they were not that busy down there so I kind of had the place to myself, so I started asking the Employees what devises they all had, and they all had the Droid-X, so that made me feel good.

I also took a second look at the Fascinate and although the Screen is pretty amazing, it just didn't feel good in my hand, kind of cheap and plastic like.

Thanks again.
    09-17-10 03:31 PM
    SD cards get corrupted on BB just like they do on android devices or cameras, etc. No manufacturing process is perfect, including SD card manufacturing, and sometimes a bad product makes it out.

I sure wouldn't let something simple like a bad SD card cause me to jump ship back to another platform. That sounds like you're convinced it's what you really want to do anyway and are looking for something to justify that to yourself...
    09-17-10 03:33 PM
    SD cards get corrupted on BB just like they do on android devices or cameras, etc. No manufacturing process is perfect, including SD card manufacturing, and sometimes a bad product makes it out.

I sure wouldn't let something simple like a bad SD card cause me to jump ship back to another platform. That sounds like you're convinced it's what you really want to do anyway and are looking for something to justify that to yourself...

It might seem like that, but I am still getting used to the Android platform and liking it more and more everyday, I was just a little mad that the SD card went bad. I like the phone and will hang in there.
    09-17-10 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD