I dont know what happened today but I had my phone on the charger this morning then before leaving for work took it off the charger and went to create a text message. I realize that all my contacts are gone and even my call log has been reset. I sync my gmail again to get my contacts back and randomly throughout the day my phone has been power cycling while just sitting on my desk. Right now I have pandora streaming and it hasnt cycled so its only happening while just sitting there idle. I removed the picture I had as the background and several widgets from my phone. I've also pulled the battery several times and the memory card as well. Tonight I'm going to wipe the phone after transfering movies and pictures from my sd card but I'm kinda bummed this is happening.

Has anyone had this issue? Think its an app I downloaded recently? I really dont want to have to get a refurbished since the phone is a week old and I really dont want to just use my wfg and get the ERIS.

Tips/help would be appreciated
    12-30-09 06:00 PM
    I exchanged my Droid for a new one due to random rebooting. Verizon the didn't say anything, just did the exchange for me.
    12-31-09 06:12 PM
    Mine did this as well. So did the next one. Not this one. Took three tries, but I finally got one that works as it should.
    12-31-09 07:05 PM
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one that had some issues.. It got even better the night I posted... I wiped the phone and when it came back on, my computer wouldnt recognize it and it wouldnt charge. The battery icon had a question mark and it didnt see my sd card. I was also unable to hear anything and my wife couldnt hear me and when I turned it on to speakerphone it was all static. I'm not sure how it happened but I think I had a driver/software issue. I work for vzw so I'm very glad my local store just swapped me out, no questions asked which is something they cannot usually do for employees. My new droid is running fine with no cycling issues and the battery seems to get an even better life.

DROID
    01-01-10 04:38 PM
    If you have an anti virus program this is actually an easy fix. uninstall the program, pull the battery, test it, and then reinstall. You should be fine after that. I work for verizon and this is a common issue.
    01-02-10 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD