I am very interested in the Droid but don't see myself getting it on release day. I kind of want to sit back and see the actual hands on user reviews for the first week or so.

I waited in line for the S1 and vaguely remember a long out of stock period following the release. I was glad I got mine on 11.21.08.

Any ideas based on past history (sale of previous new heavily marketed phones), marketing and hype whether or not the Droid will be readily available in the immediate weeks following 11.6.09?
    Last edited by Glenn668; 11-03-09 at 10:29 AM.
    11-03-09 10:23 AM
    In other words....should I expect to wait weeks maybe months if I don't buy on Friday?
    11-03-09 10:58 AM
    Verizon is pretty good at getting more and more phones very quickly. I'm almost positive that before a week from Friday goes by you will be able to get one at the store without a problem.
    11-03-09 11:02 AM
    I know one of my local verizon stores (they're all corporate, which they've all stated, and there's 4 or 5 just near me) has 150 currently ready to sell, and may be getting more prior to Friday. Additionally, there are the other stores as well. So there should be more availability, since Verizon didn't expect to sell the quantity they did - weren't they stocking like 15, 20 per store? Not 150?
    11-03-09 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD